The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Its not a bad thing to sideline the majority of WoWs cast so that others can get some spotlight. I kinda feel that each zone will have one representative for each faction who have some sort of relation to the dead heroes of each zone. Then again I would rather keep the focus on a few characters if it means a better narrative, broad and shallow is never satisfying.

But since my sub is up soon and I won’t be back till SL I would like to give some parting thoughts. My biggest wish is that the devs have taken the time to compile all the feedback everyone has given and we may see something from it in the future. Whatever that is I hope the result of that decision makes people happy, and if people are unhappy about that result then I also hope they also give them something that makes them happy as well. At the end of the day I want to be able to play something that fits the fanciful stories I make in my head and immerse myself in that fantasy from time to time. Where ever the Silver Covenant story goes in the future, I hope there is an opportunity to see that story grow while giving us the chance to play as actual members of that group while allowing us to explore the themes and motifs that this group offers.

6 Likes

it wouldn’t make sense. The maw would have started consuming souls as of legion. While not specifically stated it is the only time it would make sense and is likely part of the deal between sylvanas and helya. So vol’jin wouldn’t have been consumed due to this and would be one of the last souls to actually get to the shadowlands proper before getting sent back.

But that’s essentially what Blizzard does every x-pac

The big problem I have with SL’s most likely outcome is that the world building done in it will be mostly meaningless since we are outside Azeroth and most characters and themes we find there are likely to remain there.

We saw that before with WoD. I get huge WoD vibes from SL.

I’m talking about living characters. They said we would go to the Shadowlands with a cast of characters, but you alone as Champion of Azeroth escapes the Maw while your forces remain trapped there.

But they also said Tyrande would have story in Ardenweald, so at least some may escape the Maw somehow alongside us. Or Tyrande is an exception because of Elune’s intervention, who knows.

3 Likes

aye. some will escape with us but I am sure many will get trapped. I believe genn will be one of the ones that gets trapped due to the new whispers of il’gynoth.

egads. i didnt even think of that. i think i will wait to hear the fate of the silver covenant, before i play shadowlands.

I have to dive in head first to see what happening with my girlie Sylvanas! What is being implied with the SC in shadowlands exactly out of curiosity I was trynna find something on it??

Il’gynoth : Before the last shadow falls, the Father of Sleep shall savor his feast.

The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness.

When their mistress beckons, nine ravens take flight. Each seeks a prize to earn her favor.

The vassal of life disguises treachery. Beware the eyes of green.

Five lanterns, now darkened. The flame they seek will light the masters’ way.

The blind queen wields a scepter of bone. From the deep she calls forth doom.

The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one.

which one of those is about genn?

1 Like

there was one that said something about the wolf and a trap. The wolf is obviously genn and being trapped in the maw definitely fits that.

I do love High Elves!
So grateful I get to play them!

High Elves like this please.

9 Likes

Same.

They can just give the Horde the blue-eyed Thalassians they’ve been violently envious of for 15+ years, and the HE’s will just transition into something akin to “Arcane Elves”.

Their hair and skin could have a shimmer effect, and have a discernible pink undertone-- they’ll become instantly unique from Blood Elves.

Take my money, Blizzard.

4 Likes

YAY! we home !

7 Likes

Thats why we base the requests for Highs Elves On Lore and not looks, The Sin’dorei and High Elves can be made to look different a bit based on lore, trials, and experience that both factions been through. Asking for Half Elves will kill the lore due the fact you asking for the kids of a Faction we were never allowed to play that Lore allows, would feel just like we did when the Ren’dorei were released , no attachment lore and the request for High Elves would continue.

9 Likes

That too. I wouldn’t mind seeing Half Elves ether way.

1 Like

Wouldn’t mind seeing them after High Elves & Added as a Human Customization.

7 Likes

Same sentiments if they are a continuation of the silver covenant’s story. Story wise I love the idea of a group of Half-Elves seeing themselves as the heirs to the High Elves legacy. It creates a great story tension with the Blood Elves and creates a dynamic of one group seeing themselves as inheritors of the legacy by holding onto their old cultural principals while the other being the heir through un-muddled blood but having tossed away those old values. It brings weight back to the legion quote about the High Elves being peasants passing themselves off as nobles.

It has a-lot of story dynamics that would be fun to explore.

Either way High Elves or Half Elves are good in my book.

2 Likes

I think the Ren’dorei if their real intentions was to add them to the Alliance should have came after High Elves also. The way they were released and the Lore that came with them felt like they were a knee jerk addition to the alliance.

3 Likes

As long as they look like half elves and not just elves.

Right add them as a Human Customization then.

Attach it to a quest like evil Elune eyes.