The High Elf Love Thread 🥰

I like love threads more than discussion threads tbh. I think these are better than simple Megathreads. These threads tend to be open ended and just encourage positive talk surrounding the topic. However Megathreads tend to encourage, lore and informational related discussion which tends to be circumstantial limited in what can be discussed at any given time.

3 Likes

Gnomest, lets have a discussion on when you’re gonna train all the other gnomes to become Demon Hunters.

3 Likes

or fae. my gosh gnomes have so many possible fantasy applications due to their diminutive size. we never got halflings in wow, another race that would be a cool addition (they aren’t exclusively a lotr thing. theyre also in d&d)

1 Like

Its an ongoing process in the Mechagnome love thread right now in fact :wink:

3 Likes

did you happen to get those goblin animations finished?

Its a long process. I expect to have it done within the next month or two, but I can show you some of the progress. Right now I am at one of the final stages. I am adding outfits to these characters and there is one I didn’t show you before:

~https://imgur.com/a/WGAgQvK

The first imagine is basically a goblin with the traits of a naga priestess. That’s one of the healer forms. And you can see on the others I’ve added a number of outfit pieces. I am also trying to do some of these for a few other races since this custom class I am making would be playable by basically any race that can be druids for starters.

3 Likes

my goodness, so talented and creative.

2 Likes

Now obviously making these for a bunch of races would be a huge amount of work to do so I am probably going to start by finishing it for just one and then extend to some others later, but aquatic skins would look great on many races.

my favs are

https://i.imgur.com/PDrXCSk.png

and

https://i.imgur.com/8AEADxc.png

the lil punk guy is cool too but this guy just looks more polished and natural.

I am not sure on a name for that naga goblin transformation yet, but the Crab bruisers is called the Crab Collossus transformation. Its supposed to be a tank transformation. Just wait till you see both of those with all the animations and special effects in place and like the fel tinker project I am also getting voice acting. There is another cool thing I didn’t show you yet.

~https://imgur.com/a/lM4bVe8

This is a small map for where the whole thing will take place.

3 Likes

great work. i’m a fan of the creative process. how cute is that?! how do you animate 3d models? i have trouble animating 2d. 3d is so much more involved.

1 Like

I wish I had talent in artwork and stuff :sob:

The rig is what gets all the animations working. There would be too many steps to explain here, but I can sum it up like this:

1. Each bone has influence over certain parts of the model that has to be set.
  2. That influence has to be carefully painted.
  3. Then the model needs to be keyframed to move in a desired method.
  4. But prior to this one needs to make sure the mesh is set up in a way that allows the model to bend properly.

~https://imgur.com/hmgOw8n

This is how the Gillywix rig looks for the most complex of these models.

i did some work on a browser game idea, based on the concept that every planet in our solar system was being colonized by an offworld/other galaxy civilization that essentially moves into a system where planets are uninhabited and based on the environment, selects from their available database of suitable races, assigns them to colonize the planets in question.

for example, this race are colonizing the rings of saturn. mining the rings in giant floating domed cities that are actually spacecraft. they were chosen because they have adapted to highly radioactive, high gravity environments. oddly enough, they also excel at robotics (this idea was created more than 5 years ago). their discs (see disc device in hands), was designed with to mimic the rings of saturn in that when they place it on their heads, it creates a database connection. i’d say they are like happy borg lol

https://i.imgur.com/bVbCb6M.png

i couldnt animate that to save my life.

1 Like

:dizzy_face: holy mother of model rigging.

I really wasn’t kidding when I said it was complex. Everything you see on that model that isn’t apart of the main gallywix default body model skeleton, I had to add to rigging and animate.

i did some work on a browser game idea, based on the concept that every planet in our solar system was being colonized by an offworld/other galaxy civilization that essentially moves into a system where planets are uninhabited and based on the environment, selects from their available database of suitable races, assigns them to colonize the planets in question.

for example, this race are colonizing the rings of saturn. mining the rings in giant floating domed cities that are actually spacecraft. they were chosen because they have adapted to highly radioactive, high gravity environments. oddly enough, they also excel at robotics (this idea was created more than 5 years ago). their discs (see disc device in hands), was designed with to mimic the rings of saturn in that when they place it on their heads, it creates a database connection. i’d say they are like happy borg lol

Its been a very long time since I’ve done complex 2D animation although a lot of (2D) animation is actually 3D just using a sideview these days. That sounds like a very interesting project you have in mind.

i couldnt animate that to save my life.

Do you have discord? Maybe I could help you sometime.

oh wow. one sec! golde#9282
its a huge project that i got completely bogged down in as it includes a race for each planet except pluto. and each race has 4 customization options cause i had to start somewhere. and each has unique craft, land, water, lava, air,space and miltary, unique cultures, unique abilites and so on. essentially a rpg with mmorpg like interfaces but single player …by one person. kinda crazy. no, scratch that, alot crazy

1 Like

Sorry for the delay. I just sent the friend request.

got it.
so we are off topic. ever get any cool high elf animation ideas?

At the moment no, but I was thinking about helping some of these AR communities out with some modeling concepts. Perhaps I can think of something soon or later.

1 Like