The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Hmmm, full of Blueberries :wink:

Now I am getting hungry.

No, not circular argument, because this is what the difference is:
Anti’s: “They are already playable on Horde.”
Pro’s: “We’re asking for the ones on Alliance, you know, those group of people that are either Highvale Elves or with the Silver Covenant”.

Ignoring what is being request to make it sound like people are requesting for the ones that are already on Horde.

3 Likes

The ones that your source says that there aren’t enough of to count as anything but scattered groups of individuals?

Did you read the first line or just the second one?

Well I think your Void elf looks awesome. :smiley:

1 Like

What if we had a questline where Alleria searches for more High Elves and brings them together under one banner with Vereesa? Sounds pretty awesome to me :smiley:

Anything can happen in the current lore, it’s whether blizzard does it or not which is the point of the request.

6 Likes

No one really knows what the two sisters are going to do in the future, both favor the Alliance over the Horde. So it looks promising.

5 Likes

Ty your flower crown look fits you as well :o

1 Like

Well, anything is possible in the future. Lets just never lose hope on what could be made possible.

5 Likes

You can say it’s not but that’s exactly how this started.

Fact: The main faction of High elves is already playable.

Fact: Factions being distinct matters and it’s been a huge thing for WoW since it’s beginning and even before that with Warcraft.

Fact: To have the exact same race on both sides, after it has been stablished for 14 years in one side would affect those distinctions.

Fact: They can’t be compared with Pandaren for the reason I already mentioned.

It’s fine to want to have things homogenized, it’s your prerogative. But you just wanting something won’t make it a thing nor should be a strong enough argument for the devs to ruin something that has been important for the franchise from the start.

If they want to they’ll do it, I like the idea of reunification a bit better as it has been kinda floated already, with a few hints like Auric, and the one sister almost going to join Sylvannas.

More making the point that if you’re going to flog outdated lore, as the encyclopedia in question no longer exists outside of archived copies, you might want to read carefully as it may have other bits of lore in it that are inconvenient.

1 Like

To be fair here, that’s your opinion. Mine, and others, is different. I believe it would dilute faction identity and it’s one of the appeals (poor implementation aside) of Void Elves. Still delivers the Thalassian model, but significantly differentiated from it’s non-GMO cousins.

Playable High Elves would be no different than Horde-playable dwarves or humans
or Alliance-playable orcs and while I get that you are now apparently in favor of dissolving the factions entirely that’s something I hope never happens because it would mean the end of my WoW playing days.

2 Likes

It seems kinda forced. “Hey Highvale Elves, why don’t you take a break from being opposed to all magic to join me and my void corrupted sister in the magical capital of Azeroth.”

1 Like

In their case they could just go back to their home at last.

For void elves? Not sure, we have heard little in terms of what they now practice.
If they do hold the blood elven practices, which are high elven, then they pretty much fill that high elven miche, though they are blue.

Frankly I think they are awesome.
Contemplatinf making broflake a void elf for the racials alone

ikr? If they were gonna give up their home, independence and identity at least they could get a glass of Thalassian wine out of the deal.

1 Like

So let’s say the High Elves and Blood Elves reunify
 where does that leave Void Elves? They already have a very small population, they have no real “culture” except they’re purple and they’ll also have no means of repopulation because why join the Ren’dorei when you can be nice and safe in Quel’thalas?

I think the High Elves joining the Ren’dorei in full would be a lot better for the story imo. Not to mention both of the “High Elf” leaders are already alliance already

2 Likes

They have the exact same culture as the high elves.

Thanks for focusing on only one part of my post

And speaking of which
 we know that they essentially turned into shorter, light skinned night elves (with the whole “magic bad” thing)
 but as far as I know, anyone connected to the Sunwell can’t simply go “I don’t want this anymore, lol” and call it quits.

Why thank you my Void Elf friend, I’m surprised that it updated so fast
 I wish they would make the Bunny ear crowns moggable all year. :rabbit: :crown: I miss my bunny ear transmog.

1 Like