The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Easy to say that, but then you look at how much they are failing with the factions. I get it, it is a faction based game, but the thing is, they’re not keeping it as a faction based game when they can’t even keep the factions within check. Lets face it, in BfA, they failed. The entire look towards factions make no sense. The story within each faction makes no sense.

1 Like

It has been making sense since the launch of the game. One flop is not going to change the fact that factions have always been distinct regardless if there’s a war between them or not, that’s the entire gist of the game.

1 Like

Right. Is that the reason why High Elf NPC’s keep popping up with the Alliance as if they also come off the Assembly line too?

You really want to make the case using NPCs that have had absolutely no relevance for 15 years?

And personally as someone who LOVES Blood Elves and Void Elves I feel like Void Elves have this unique story to be told, but fail in any sense of rivalry with Sin’dorei, preferring Horde myself and almost exclusively playing Blood Elves until I unlocked Void Elves I feel like I’d enjoy targeting HE’s in pvp or rooting for cutscenes where we take them down.

If anything they add to factions not take away imo, and then additionally they would add to VE’s too because maybe we will see a unique friendship come up akin to NB and BEs.

I would really Ive said this before lol but I’d live for the Easter egg dialogues between Void Elves and HE’s working on various projects together the way there was those Easter egg dialogues in Xiabala with NB and BE’s

I like my void elves I came back asap when I found out they can be dks my fave mdps class ever .

Tbh IDC if ppl hate on us void elves that’s just their opinion but we are here to stay and be fabulous :nail_care::crown:

1 Like

Why do you like your void elf?

I would. Because remember, there was also supposed to be limitations in regards to NPC’s as well to keep within that faction identity. But that has not been the case.

And here is also the other things:

• Is adding High Elves for the Alliance going to hurt the faction identity? No, it isn’t.
  • Is adding High Elves for the Alliance going to hurt the faction stories? No, it isn’t.
1 Like

I like the hair styles I like the cool voice they have the theme is really cool . My favorite color is purple . They have a super sassy attitude and are just as adorable . Just to name a few

1 Like

Give void elves purples eyes blizzard, you cowards

No, because some remnants happen to be used by blizzard sometimes (mostly as stepping stones for humans, mind you). Factions are still distinct because their playerbases make it so, that’s one of the biggest aspects of it. And it should remain that way.

I feel they dont fit with the Alliance Lore Also I feel they are a quick compromise based on looks. So we are of opposing opinions, so no need to argue. I agree to disagree.

And you think that High Elves are going to ruin that distinction to the playerbase.

And how did we ever come to that logic?

2 Likes

Can you please finish your posts completely before moving on? I really don’t want to have to reply to things I could have replied to earlier

Yes, blood elves are a key race of the Horde. To see the exact same race frolicking around but with blue eyes, would be damaging.

And don’t you dare to bring in pandaren, I really don’t want to have to point out that there’s a whole difference between designing a race to be specifically neutral and making a race neutral after it has been established for 14 years
 oops, I did it anyway /s.

Irrelevant, the argument is not about faction stories, is about factions remaining distinct. Don’t move the goalpost.

Because they are the exact same people with different eye color.

2 Likes

My name is better

They do give Alliance a void exclusive race which is kinda cool too imo Valarían , and kind of gives a cool aspect in the sense of I’ve always been Horde and nothing else has made me want to roll an Alliance previously. Always been a BE fan myself, and I don’t think HEs would pull people like me to Alliance Bcz I’d be apt to have stayed Horde, they kind of fill this niche for people who like power hungry ambition driven type people.

But I respectfully disagree of course on the stance of Void Elves, and I still admire and pursue / lend my voice to the Pro HE argument and understand why pro HEs would be disappointed by VEs heh

1 Like

I don’t really know much about the lore tbh

1 Like

EXCEPT THEY ARE NOT THE SAME PEOPLE ANYMORE!

When Kael’thas Sunstrider renamed his people, they also pledge to be no longer be High Elven. The High Elves that are within the Alliance, are more set on different group of people now, as they do not share the same priorities as the Blood Elves. And also have different behaviours.

3 Likes

I don’t dislike them I have two (for different reason then accepting the compromise), I just don’t accept them as the compromise and the lore that came with them. If people like them awesome, If people like the way they look awesome! If people want to play them awesome! :+1:

3 Likes

You can use bold caps all you want but it won’t change the fact that they are indeed the exact same people.

The biggest connector of all Thalassian elves, the Sunwell, is something that still affects them, and blizzard has made no move or given a single hint that this will change, specially after they established that Alleria felt the impact on the Sunwell when Kael’thas decided to nuke it from orbit while she was literally worlds apart.

Let me put it in simpler terms:

Kissing up to humans doesn’t make them a different race.

Wrong, and wrong. Kael’thas didn’t rename them, and even if he did, a name doesn’t change the race. And second, the High elves that had dealt with the Scourge were the ones that decided to pick on the name Sin’dorei.

Honoring their fallen doesn’t make them a different race.