The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

I always check around, but I try to keep away from this topic for my own good.

Been arguing about this for far too long and the argument has only been getting worse so I instead focus on pointing things here and there and defend Void elves whenever the good old habit of high elves supporters comes up.

1 Like

This is how I got involved in how it pertains to Void Elves lol, but the kindness and passion for lore the pro Helfers display I want them to have their RP options too, as long as no one rags on the void elves too long but no one seems to so :man_shrugging: :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I don’t know, I prefer to stick to canon over headcanons. The canon is more than enough to create several scenarios for RP.

Yah allot people have opinions of what should be done with the Alliance High Elfs and Ren’dore, I hope Since the Slot has been used already, Just to add the customizations to Allow Alliance to play the Alliance High Elves, that are already there. That’s just my thoughts on it.

not happening. light skinned and majestic elves belong to the horde not the alliance. void corrupted high elves are your thing now

Or, again, you could stop expecting blizzard to erase the visual disctintions of Void elves since they’re obviously there for a reason.

If they wanted a copy pasted race, they would have done it, yet Void elves were altered. That is a good thing.

3 Likes

Those are opposing opinions I disagree with so no need to argue. I agree to disagree.

Of course they’re there for a reason
the reason is that we’re freakin’ fabulous. :slight_smile:

(MurgAltℱ Confirmed)

2 Likes

Your always Freaking Fablous Murg!

1 Like

Of course, that’s why Void elves are the ideal Goth BFs(ℱ)

But the fact that it makes them distinct from blood elves is also a good thing.

‘just let me be what i want’

they completely ignore what development told them. game director: alliance high elves, ‘theres a couple’

lets look at the lore that they care about, because its not about the skin tones

there is really just a few high elf magisters in dalaran and a few exiled farstriders of the SC left and a few in that ‘lodge’ in the hinterlands. thats it. a retcon is required to put more behind them like a high elf kingdom with a civilian pop

3 Likes

Are you saying Void Elves and Night Elves are not majestic?

Of course we are!

1 Like

This is one of the four I’m taking into Shadowlands at the start
one alt for each Covenant. Kylo, Murg, and Wyleecoyote (warlock) on the Alliance side and Hiply (my BM Hunter) for the Horde. Murg and Kylo will be the second pair I run through the corrupted/cloak process. Wylee and Hiply are in that process now.

1 Like

I’m not one to use the argument for population or even amount of NPCs.

NPCs are many times randomly generated. We can just go to Hinterlands and murder High elves for hours and they’ll keep spawning, this means nothing.

And I think that if NPCs numbers should be taken into account, then well, why haven’t we been overruned by Murlocs by now?

My main issue is that many like to overblow their presence. Goblins and Pandaren have had more relevancy throughout the story of WoW than High elves had.

No matter the numbers, equating presence with relevancy only makes for a very, very flimsy argument that will never truly hold any water.

The thing is though, I wouldn’t exactly say Ion is fully knowledgeable about the lore. Yes, he knows more about the lore more than anyone on the forums, but I wouldn’t quite say he is fully knowledgeable about the lore.

1 Like

pretty much agree. theyve been irrelevant since the blood elves returned to being traditional high elves with the restoration of the sunwell. any role they could have had has been usurped by the void elves

a ‘high’ elf is really just a blood elf with a different political opinion. identical in terms of look, theme, and fantasy. they bring nothing to the table a blood elf doesnt. just like ion said, ‘if you want to be a pale, blonde haired elf, that IS a blood elf’

nothing unique can be done with a small group of elves who are identical to a core race on the other faction
which is why we have void elves
 :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Something could be done.

They could return to their home in Quel’thelas and reunite with their people.

He still will know about things that we will never know about.

But what’s more important, he knows that the factions should be kept distinct from one another.

2 Likes

now is the perfect time with the faction war going on the back burner. but they wont ask for that. its about being a light skinned, blonde hair elf in their preferred faction