The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

I’ve always been opposed to playable High Elves, Sara
nothing’s changed there at all. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

highborne architecture. There is a difference. Yes highborne are night elves however they might as well be considered a different race in terms of their culture.

High elves come from highborne. I see no reason why they can’t use that same architecture especially considering no one else is as it is all abandoned ruins.

I knew that you were an Anti Murg. I just thought you were upset with me after my comment.

well yeah I admit that, but they couldnt give the alliance a complete carbon copy of a horde race. so they came up with void corrupted high elves. and lets be real here, now that the thalassian model is playable on the alliance there is no reason to add it for a second time

Then don’t. Give high elves a model based off of night elves.

The Alliance High Elves Buildings can be see at Allerian Stronghold and Wintergard Keep where the Arcane Sanctum is built.

All high elves come from the kingdom of Quel’thalas and are considereda part of quel’thalas

Chris Metzen said there are too few to be playable. They are not near the top 5 pop sizes.

Why would the high elves, go back in architecture to one which reminds them of the people who exiled them? (night elves). Its just stealing from another race and that doesn’t feel good.

Why? O-o

Yes. I know. However currently all it is is a blue version of the blood elf style.

The reason this was proposed by our community over a year ago was to help differentiate them.

Yes, that and the really direct faction identity issue
which Void Elves (as poorly as they were implemented from a lore/story perspective) at least tried to mitigate.

I’ve posted it before, but had alliance high elves been written as perceived by everyone, not just Blood Elves, to have deliberately turned their backs on their homeland to seek the safe path
and wound up distrusted for it by their own allies
I might take a different view.

I don’t play Blood Elves, I have no direct skin in that game, and my most progressed 8.3 character is my Worgen afflock so it’s not a Horde Bias thing either. It’s just always reflected really poorly on them for me.

1 Like

Actually, I would disagree with this line here. I won’t say there numbers are small, but they’re numbers wouldn’t place them in the top 5, unless you’re including the Blood Elven factions too.

I am done with you. I consider your opinions and views irrelevant. I will no longer try to debate and propose compromises. No concessions will be made from me any more with you nor your kind. I will not be nuanced about the “high elf” race.

I will simply post about how I wish playable high elves to be.

and with that I am off to make dinner.

1 Like

Oh! No, not at all! If I gave you that impression I apologize.

1 Like

Kay. When you change your mind I’ll be here.

Anyways, I just hope the Alliance does get there High Elves. Sick of all this faction Bias and ugh

How come I am good at continuing arguments when I was against the idea of High Elves, but now, I can’t even think of one argument :sob:

2 Likes

And that is understandable. I kind of share the high elf views of how some of their kin treated their former human allies.

But I really like the ones that remained friendly with the wildhammer. That’s what I want for my high elf.

I don’t think the high elves should be written as blameless either, nor should the blood elves be hit with the villain bat.

9 Likes

Ok, have to go youtube some rank 7 cloak runs in Stormwind. Wylee is rank 6, but that was a white-knuckle ride right to the very end where I cleared the bomb side with my last orb and downed Alleria with about 5% left on the sanity bar.

Good luck on the cloak runs!

Could ask for help bud.

Nah, you didn’t give me the wrong impression. Though, it was pretty bald of me to make a comment of saying that the Anti’s are stubborn, but I was just making sure I didn’t make you upset or something.

Good luck Murgy!