The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Take this!

I’ll send it to you on my High Elf once Blizzard decides to stop listening to obtuse Doomsayers. :kissing_heart:

Dam you got me! Well Played Sir.

No you see, you have left your assigned side the consensus so now you must me taken out swiftly.

Like me for saying that I would be cool with Half Elves. So now i’m on the run!

And yet
it’s more than one person on the dev team
and it’s for more than just one reason.

1 Like

Yeah, Half Elves actually do seem like a better compromise actually, and would love to see them.

There are quite a few helfers who are good with half elves now.

No you.

Far as I know, Ion is the only one, and his reasons weren’t reasons but excuses.

Blood elves are basically High Elves is not a reason, it’s ignorance of nuance and Alliance story lines, a reason would be “We coded the Blood elf skeleton wrong so if it senses blue it deletes your game and characters”

Still looking for this infamous Chris Metzen interview where he outright denies High Elves as a possibility.

3 Likes

We can speculate all day on who makes the final call on these decisions. We don’t know at the end of the day. Doesn’t really change anything whether is one person or several, it’s a discretionary decision nonetheless that is dependant of the same person or people maintaining it.

No, we pretty much have established is just that one reason about them looking too similar and they want to maintain some sort of faction exclusivity.

All lore reasons against are flimsy and merely post fact justification, not actual reasons.

And also would undoubtedly bring something new in the form of hybrids.

Personally I would still prefer just High Elves, I’m being honest, but I can’t rationally rebuke that Half Elves just have more potential overall in almost every aspect.

But we are not a monolith and not everyone agrees on everything, which is a good thing.

4 Likes

As I said, it is really time to stop with that faction BIAS when it comes to races, and just allow everyone to be what they want to be.

If people want to be a High Elf on Alliance, then allow them. There is no reason why people shouldn’t be allowed to.

1 Like

Pretty much I agree with this, not only because the faction issue has been mishandled to the point of fatigue, but that by itself the faction issue is about politics, so that it’s directly linked to races makes no in universe sense -specially when one of the races can actually choose sides-

Races being Faction locked is simply a design choice, not a constant born of the lore of the game.

And yeah, again, you are right, the faction issue itself has shown to have run its course after BfA.

5 Likes

And no stubbornness is seen from people saying yes? Seriously?

Murg, don’t go breaking my heart

I know I am incredibly stubborn.

1 Like

Seems like Murg likes to break my heart then :frowning: :broken_heart:

What happened to my favourite person with all the gifs? Did they just have a change of heart now?

Murgy is an anti, but is a great person. There are people on both sides who are stubborn about this subject, and others.

Exactly. This is why I changed from being someone against High Elves to someone who is now saying yes to them.

BfA story has really taken a bad turn with the factions, and there stories, to the point where it is only the polotics that count. So, there isn’t any actual reasons to why they can’t be playable.

I know. Murg is still my favourite poster, and is actually one of the best posters out there. I just wish there can be more like him :heart:

3 Likes

Is he? I was under the impression he’s like Reno, just outwardly neutral. I’m a fan.

Even if he has terrible opinions on Tyrande.

“Terrible Opinions on Tyrande” is the name of my upcoming Netflix comedy special.