The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Since you put it this framing, I agree with your assessment. Also change my view of the matter. It makes sense.

1 Like

I would not mind having good racials for my DK

That is your unsupported opinion. There was interest in the Nightborne since their reveal in Suramar from both factions. On reveal of the playable model, this interest plummeted. No one wants to play something that does not look as good as the NPC’s.

This is, as you say, an “unsupported opinion”. Pot, kettle.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth I agree with his statement. The playable Nightborne aren’t the same as the NPCs, which was what players expected them to be

3 Likes

Highborne culture. Something blood elves were also born out of. Something to remember is that blood elves and nightborne both came from the same section of the night elven population, a population separate from that the current night elves are from. Their languages even originate from the same dialect. (Their languages aren’t mutually intelligible, Shalassian is considered archaic and more flowery than Darnassian).

Nightborne culture overwhelmingly resembles that of the blood elves from magic addiction and widespread use of the arcane to their urbane sensibilities, monarchical governments and let’s not even talk about how much they love magical bodies of water.

You’re using that phrase without understanding what it means Fyorsing.
Sorry, Horde were interested in the Nightborne, there are only several topics where people request them for the Horde.
Sorry, people don’t like Nightborne because they’re bad. There are only several topics discussing how bad they look compared to the NPC’s.

I get you wish for things to be one way, but they aren’t.

Now I am sure you’re going to do a post that can be summarized “no you!”, so I’ll head it off and just request to re-read this post.

I love the Nightborne, I’d main one in a second if their model wasn’t so garbo.

Its what my mage is, and if you wear the right mog it hides most of the imperfections.

Honestly I’d change my priest over if I had any idea what Nightborne priests worshipped.

Yes, and I haven’t suggested they don’t jive fine with Blood Elves – rather, I said their culture most certainly falls within the peripheral scope of Night Elves.

If the NE’s were still just all tree-hugging, moon-gazers, you wouldn’t hear a word from me about the Nightborne being Horde; but, unfortunately, that just isn’t how most Night Elves are depicted anymore. You can count among the most prominent Night Elf characters hardened soldiers, bitter assassin/jailers, and Demon Hunters.

It’s also entirely plausible that Tyrande kicks the bucket in Shadowlands (Lord Magni, please make this so).

That isn’t being questioned, of course they could look better. I’m merely suggesting that no matter how good their model was, they probably would’ve fared better as an Allied Race for the Alliance.

No, they don’t just jive fine. Blood elves and nightborne are reunited kin separated but now seamlessly reintegrated in a way they never could with the night elves.

They worehip themselves?
Life itself?
They should have become druids after tbeir storyline imo

1 Like

Be careful with whatever the dangerous and stupid thing is, or just don’t do it.

The only thing I can think of is that they’re the same as blood elf priests. We’ve seen nightborne and blood elves blending their arcane organisations and nightborne joining the reliquary. It’s not impossible they’d learn about religion too.

No can do, there’s an extremely small amount of money on the line.

1 Like

Well how can you say no to that?

I insist on you being careful though.

1 Like

Lorithyn, I blame you. You converted me :joy:

I see more post of “just quit if you don’t enjoy the game” more of on a common basis. It is the easiest thing for anyone to say.

2 Likes

And yet, a separate group of Highborne reintegrated into Night Elf society so seamlessly that most people can’t even tell the difference between the two groups – so, your statement simply isn’t accurate. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

The handful of mage trainers who Tyrande only begrudgingly let in while she still clearly distrusts mages?

Oh yeah, totally the same thing.

1 Like

No offense intended to anyone, but to say “If You Dont Like/Enjoy Just Quit” is just a answer one really don’t think about they said & just blurts it out especially with a Game like World Of Warcraft, which we all know, we all have spent to much time playing invested into just to quit or walk away, Especially with people who love World Of Warcraft like there are in this forum, Wouldn’t take it to serious when seen.

2 Likes

That is a very good point there actually.