The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

Iā€™m going to seriously stop you there. High Elves are not an Alliance race. When Kael changed the name of his people, he did not declare them as a new race. So claiming an already playable race that is on Horde is an Alliance race is entirely false.

1 Like

Discuss it with the ingame almanac that says otherwise.

7 Likes

You saying that Blood Elves and High Elves are a different race?

Despite it has been said by several people including the devs that Blood Elves are High Elves?

1 Like

I quoted it in my original message. Go discuss with whoever wrote it.

6 Likes

I am telling you though that Blood Elves and High Elves are the same race which means High Elves are not an Alliance race

But I guess it is always the same old argument with the proā€™sā€¦

Anything goes to help them in there case while igoring everything else

1 Like

So everyone of one race is on one faction only? There are no groups of orcs hostile to the horde? There are no humans that will attack the alliance on sight?

6 Likes

Iā€™m sorry if I go to Burning Steppes and have to kill off a few Orcs there or travel through Westfall and kill off a few humans in Deadmines as well. (or humans in Arathi Highlands too)

So you agree then, that different groups within a race will have differing loyalties? Why donā€™t you take your blood elven self to quelā€™danil lodge. I am sure those totally non alliance affiliated high elves will welcome you with open arms. The arrows flying at you are just a sign of love, I assure you.

7 Likes

So you agree that Blood Elves and High Elves are different groups, not different races. Thanks for proving my point.

Stormwindians and kul tirans are both humans, yet they are different races for gameplay purposes.

ā€œRaceā€ is not just biology.

Blood elves and high elves may be the same species, but not the same ā€œraceā€ in terms of gameplay. Or even story, as characters in-universe consider them different races.

8 Likes

That means itā€™s totally possible for the group that calls themselves high elves are aligned with alliance and the group that calls themselves blood elves are aligned with the horde.

Mostly.

4 Likes

No, they are exactly the same race. Blood Elves only renamed themselves. They did not declare themselves a new race. Considering it has been what, how many years since the Third War?

See, you have proven me that they are different groups, not different races.

But your argument was that high elves canā€™t be alliance, when some in fact are.

4 Likes

No, my point was ā€œtheyā€™re not an Alliance raceā€.

Theyā€™re not a horde race by that logic either.

5 Likes

You talk as if it didnā€™t mean a radical shift in culture. ā€œRaceā€ is not just biology. An entire society does not change name just because it feels like it.

4 Likes

Not only are you ignoring huge parts of the lore, youā€™re ignoring everything else as well.

Kael was the one who renamed his people to honor there fallen brothers and sisters during the scourge invasion in the Third War. He did not declare that Blood Elves are a new race of people.

Youā€™re right, there was a shift in culture:

ā€œIn consequence, there are so few high elves left on Azeroth today that they cannot be considered a race in anything other than the biological sense. High elves do not gather in any significant numbers, nor do they act as a coordinated whole. They are a very small group of individuals scattered all over the world. As such, they do not have common opinions or goals. Indeed, modern high elves cannot even truly be said to have a cultureā€“only a past filled with glory and regret.ā€

https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Warcraft_Encyclopedia/High_Elves

And then the Silver Covenant formed after the encyclopedia was discontinued.

But, since you consider the encyclopedia canon, what about this part:

Blood elves no longer truly consider themselves high elves, and they tend to have different priorities and behaviors than their high elf kindred.

4 Likes

So where does it say that Blood Elves and High Elves are a different race again?

1 Like

High Elves couldā€™ve been an Alliance allied race, but with Void Elves being a thing theyā€™re now likely impossible. Half Elves are our best chance for closure now

3 Likes