The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

Iā€™m not wildly speculating anything though? We know about the Void, we know about the history of Void Elves (extensively), we know about their origins and we know about their current situation.

It would be different if they added a new sphere of magic called Unicorn Psychosis or something, and Void Elves had no grounding in anything at all thatā€™s existed beforehand. But thatā€™s not the case.

I also have no idea what you mean by this. The true Void Elves are the ones calling themselves Void Elves.

1 Like

So, raving about feeding souls to the void is a good portrayal of them, I guess?

2 Likes

This feels like a poor attempt at saying Void Elves have no cohesion to try and discredit them or something. I honestly donā€™t know what youā€™re getting at, and maybe Iā€™m wrong, itā€™s just such an odd question/statement that I donā€™t know how to answer it without sounding patronizing since the answer Iā€™m coming up with is so simple. Are you suggesting that if some Void Elves do bad things, theyā€™re less of a Void Elf?

1 Like

And seems like if its being done to the Horde, are the Void Elves not being utilized as a weapon of the Alliance, the same way warlocks are in general

What about Umbric saying his people does not treat the void as a toy, but void elves offering voidwine in Brewfest?

3 Likes

but doesnā€™t oculueth say magic isnā€™t to be toyed with (paraphrasing he has a line like this), and they drink arcwine, elves like wine.

3 Likes

How do you know what Voidwine is? Maybe itā€™s just dark purple wine.

Also, festivals are almost always outside of serious lore.

cherry-picking what you like and ignoring the inconsistencies is not a good way of deduction.

Horde-side and Alliance-side portray void elves in wildly different ways. Which one is true? If both are true, then what story is not being told to us?

Why canā€™t we get proper lore that shows and explains things, instead of leaving them to imagination?

3 Likes

Nightborne drink arcwine because thry needed it to survive.

Also, void is way more dangerous than arcane, starting by making you hear voices of Old Gods in your head.

3 Likes

What?

Iā€™m not cherry picking anything. Iā€™m not even sure what youā€™re complaining about. Youā€™re saying that the way Void Elves are portrayed is wildly different depending on what faction youā€™re on?

You mean like literally the entire story?

From the Allianceā€™s point of view, the Horde are just a bunch of brutal monsters that have no respect for life.

The Horde think the Alliance are racist and stuck in their ways.

2 Likes

Void Elves were physically turned Void, Nightborne were physically altered by arcane, and Arcane almost ended the world with Azshara, Fel was utilized by the Burning Legion (yet is an ally to both horde and alliance via warlocks) its all about how you wield it, and thatā€™s the entire point of the intro to Alliance is wielding the void (for ourselves) in the name of the Alliance

I am having a rough day. Does anyone have any good jokes? Funny ones, so not the lore.

I have one!

What does a nosey pepper do?

It gets jalapeno business.

3 Likes

the final season of game of thrones was a joke :confused:

1 Like

This is way more than just perception. The Riftrunners are literally insane and shouting about feeding souls to the void.

Steve Danuser addressed that as canon in an interview.

2 Likes

Can you source the exact thing he said?

Not a very funny one though.

TouchĆ©, the Lannister fan in me was disappointed, I hope the books donā€™t disappoint me. Book wise I root for Lannister OR (f)Aegon

excepting a few minor changes I endorse this entirely.

Only thing Iā€™d really change is that Vereesa should be turned into a void elf too.

And optionally most of the High elves should be turned.

1 Like