The High Elf Love Thread 🥰

Reporting in for the new year!

Happy new years everyone!

1 Like

The thread got locked. It’s nice to see it back.

puts out a tray of cookies freshly baked from Grumbles holiday home of joy

:cookie:

Lets see how long this will last before it gets locked again.

3 Likes

Been gone awhile for the holidays and am proud to say I still stand strong with my support for high elves in the Alliance! A new year, but the fight still lives on!

3 Likes

“We are introducing high elves as playable race in next patch of shadowlands”

– Ion at 2020 blizzcon

(Just a prediction of future )

8 Likes

I’m still betting that if they do happen for alliance we’ll see it as a customization for void elves

A good compromise in my opinion…but dunno how it will be received

1 Like

I mean lets be serious here. Doesn’t matter how they do it, somebody is going to complain and with High Elves I think a significant group will be pissed either way. :stuck_out_tongue:

If they do high elves as their own thing then I think plenty of people would be happy.

6 Likes

Yes to High Elves as a playable Alliance race!

5 Likes

Oh I’m sure plenty would. I’m also sure plenty would go nuts. This thread is proof of that.

I just don’t think it’d be that big of a deal in the end. Yeah, there are people who oppose them, but if they are announced how many would actually unsub?

4 Likes

Eh, one of the things I like about Warcraft is the alliance of high elves and orcs. It resists cliche. Any significant participation of high elves on the Alliance takes away from that. The further WoW ventures into boring territory, the less I’m inclined to venture into WoW. It may not be the straw that breaks the camel’s back, but it is a lot of straw. Seeing high elves on the Alliance less has helped me appreciate the game more.

1 Like

Well we’re getting diaper gnomes. They are weird enough to balance out alliance high elves.

2 Likes

Nothing is weird enough to balance out Alliance high elves. An alliance of high elves, dwarfs, and humans is THE fantasy cliche. Not to mention the problem with telling a story about how good are the pretty people and how bad all the ugly ones are. The Alliance needs more weird and ugly. There’s already enough human adjacent races.

1 Like

But the horde is supposed to be misunderstood monster types so we’d be taking from their aesthetic.

2 Likes

Yayyyy it’s unlocked!!!

Helloooo everyone!!! Happy New Year!!!

8 Likes

and if this is announced then I suggest everyone support with changing void elves to “exiles” and giving them new racials and a new starting zone.

I am fine with a unified race to represent alliance thalassian elves whether they be high elf, void elf, or just a regular blood elf that defected. They wouldn’t even need to make a new recruitment questline nor heritage armor as they would both still be valid.

Just change the starting zone to an instanced version of legion dalaran with the silver enclave restored and some new racials that are not void specific.

3 Likes

Furthermore I think it would be cool to see some blood elf defectors with this change.

The reason being is I foresee kael’thas coming back to azeroth after shadowlands. If he takes over as the leader of the blood elves lor’themar should become ranger general. He wants to be back out in the field rather than his current job.

However not all blood elves would be okay with the return of kael’thas. He may be redeemed from his time in the shadowlands however that doesn’t mean all of his people forgive him. Say the current ranger general of silvermoon, Halduron, takes some like minded blood elves and defects to the alliance. This would open the position for lor’themar to fill it while also further pushing the thalassian story on both sides providing a new source of tension between them.

2 Likes