The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Oh I will definitely enjoy the map editor! Wonder how long will it take before someone manages to create Thalassian versions of all the Human buildings.

2 Likes

A user called Entish has managed to create a custom race.

2 Likes

Found this years back, Someone that was interested in High Elves.

5 Likes

So after 15 years of requests, I seriously want Blizzard to say why they haven’t implemented High Elves to be playable
 the single most requested Race on all forums, NA/EU/Reddit and MMO Champ.

Like I seriously think they need to address this properly.

6 Likes

Love that! But I mean about model editing the new resources to create thalassian versions of all human buildings, as people did for War3

For example, they are used on this custom BE campaign:

2 Likes

I think they should, but I doubt that they will at this point.

1 Like

I’m gonna have a legitimate controversial opinión:

I don’t know if I like high elf stuff being so
 blue. Seeing the chronicle artwork of Silvermoon being teal, as well as the player color of the HE’s being teal in War3, I think I’d actually like if the HE color wasn’t so blue, and instead more of a teal/light blue.

https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpedia/d/d2/Chronicle_Quel%27Thalas.jpg?version=c44f8eb94975c2e2fc9825a846c889fc

Also; just what is up with the inconsistency about Quel’thalas colors? Was it always red as the in game buildings suggest, or was it teal? Did they just remodel the whole kingdom before the fall to be red? What is the truth!?!

4 Likes

Dont think he was a die hard High Elf Scholar, probably did’nt know what the exact colors were suppose to be, also he did say it was a working progress also it was 3 years ago, or what resources he had back then, mayby he was just going by what he seen in game. So who knows. But I agree with yah.

Oh no I have no issue with the ModMaker, if anything his version is more faithful to the War3 lore than BC is hahahah!

but yeah, the issue of Thalassian buildings color pre BC mystifies me, and also I’d like for High Elves to be less blue and more some sort of light blue teal.

5 Likes

To be fair, Blizzard did address it, but as we all know, it hasn’t blown over well.

Oh well, at least it’s a memeable soundbite.

At Blizzcon when Ion said: “we want you to be able to play the game however you want” I had to resist the urge to yell “AND I’M ON THE ALLIANCE AND I WANNA PLAY A TALL MAJESTIC ELF!”

4 Likes

Clearly he didn’t mean the alliance though!

Dammit, I come to the forums, and saw your post, and all of a sudden, started coughing hard after taking a sip of my drink.

1 Like

Would have probably been told to play Night elf then.

Because the heck with people being allowed to like characters you don’t like.

WTH? I enjoyed his comment, it made me laugh. What the hell is with that comment?

Why did it make you laugh?

Just the way that it was posted.

Wasn’t criticising or being negative about it, and yet, all of a sudden, that negativity came right back at me.

1 Like

It came across as you laughing at someone liking Vereesa.

A lot of tension in this thread, time to ease it out with a melody masterfully played on an enchanted lute.

1 Like

I will kill you.