The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Yeah that would be amazing. I think a quel’thalas warfront would be a great way to introduce high elves as playable.

2 Likes

And who haven’t been involved in this war. Unlike the Void Elves, who have and whose leader is also there. You wanna talk about Occam’s razor?

2 Likes

Being alligned with a faction does not mean it belongs to that Faction.

Also:

The Silver Covenant is a militant faction of the Kirin Tor

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Silver_Covenant

Though, people probably are right. Just fanbased bias. But there is nothing else saying much about the Silver Covenant and who it belongs too, except for “refuses Blood Elves admission into the Kirin’Tor”

Oh right, that is a big difference. So, a Blood Elf that is within the Scryers should be made playable too considering they have a big difference with Behavioral, Lifestyle, Aesthetics and Cultural as well.

1 Like

What do any of the Thalassian groups besides void elves have of those that’s different?

1 Like

Wouldn’t waste the time, everyone minds are set already. :+1:
Most of us get it.

3 Likes

They don’t. I just thought to use the same logic he is trying to use.

1 Like

Don’t bother arguing about the SC’s allegiance with them. They won’t even accept they actively kill Horde players on sight in Stormwind’s portal room, right next to the true neutral Kirin Tor guards who don’t.

And these SC portal keepers were added in BFA. Which means SC = Alliance as of current patch.

7 Likes

I mean it’s a flawed logic to start with. Next we’ll be told that they also hold different religious affiliations.

3 Likes

Warcraft Reforged has added different skins for high and blood elf units.

Of note is that high elves can have blue, orange or pink eyes now, while blood elves are always green-eyed.

15 Likes

It really is amazing the raw passion people have concerning High elves, whether it be introducing them as a playable race or being oppose to them completely.

10 Likes

Reforged seriously did an amazing job on everything
 I wish all of reforged to be imported in WoW, armour, skins
EVERYTHING!

9 Likes

seriously what proof is there vereesa brought them? theres a multitude of reasons for them(including out of game) and im not going to argue over speculation. the only high elf that even appears close to them is this one

https://imgur.com/a/avFsvMj

even alamara admitted vereesa made a token cameo and that it didnt mean anything :weary:

Token cameos do mean something.

Being a token does not mean being valueless.

10 Likes

Oh, you mean “targeted them on Jaina’s orders
who was wrong about their involvement. Jaina, who was wrong, wound up with blood on her hands, lost the “keep them out” vote in the Council and then poutcrashed out of Dalaran”? That Purge?

3 Likes

Here, let me help:

4 Likes

I’ve always wondered in the midst of the debate why they seem intent to keep using High Elf npc’s in game and yet never give them a real story and knowing the contentious nature of their existence to the players.

My fear, honestly, is that it’s legitimate trolling on the devs part knowing how they have “teased” Alliance players in the past.

6 Likes

This has always been problematic, to be honest. No nation or city-state would be expected to reasonably tolerate armed militias within their borders that are not subject to the control of the government.

We’ve talked about this before; the first step in any grand unification of the Thalassian elves who are not Blood Elves (leaving out the GMO-Thalassians) should be the expulsion of the SC from Dalaran. It would be easy enough to write; Vereesa leads them in an overt attack on the Horde (as opposed to periodically bolstering Alliance forces) leading to a showdown with the Dalaran High Council and the Kirin Tor which ends in their expulsion for violating Dalaran’s neutrality.

5 Likes

This is where I get confused. Anything I can find about SC says they were established as a Horde deterrent in Dalaran, namely their Blood Elven brethren who joined the Horde.

I never found anything that said SC were hard core Horde haters 
 just in Dalaran to keep the peace. Distrusting of Horde, sure 
 but not hateful of them per se.

4 Likes

There is a right and wrong, and the Silver Covenant seems to stay leaning Alliance because the Horde does/has done allot of wrong. (imho)

4 Likes

Sometimes you just gotta laugh. Your whole argument is some silly “well they aren’t officially alliance” and it’s just so, so dumb. Like do you realize that except for DID, no AR or race WAS OFFICIALLY PART OF THEIR FACTION -and even with the DID we make them more official.

The Silver Covenant High Elves are alliance aligned elves, they keep acting as alliance representatives and liaisons, but you continue to paddle this nonsense.

Of all the anti arguments this might be one of the worst.

Okay so we have both the leader of the SC and the VE there, and we have ballista models that have been used exclusively by high elves on several occasions. In contrast, VE have not been shown EVER with siege weaponry since their role is effectively that of infiltrators.

Like seriously what do you gain for being this ridiculously biased?

You don’t tire of playing the fool, do you? lol

I would agree on most cases, but I do think the Kirin Tor was forced into taking that stance. In both WotLK and Legion, they needed the help of horde and alliance, thus allowing partisan groups within the dalarani pop to have a lot more autonomy they should have. It’s a quid pro quo where Dalaran loses some of its authority in return of the help of the two greatest powers.

6 Likes