The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

youre right a city open about its neutrality and their complete absence from the fourth war proves me wrong. the SC will never join the alliance on the battlefield without the context of dalran and we all know it. only 2 took off the uniform and showed up for the alliance in the 4th war and to do so they had to put on a 7th legion uniform. thats it

anyway im out for the night, weve danced this dance before. im just waiting for the blood elf advanced customization options at this point. cant wait to see where this discussion goes then

It’s like you are unable to grasp nuance. Like for real, that the SC is alliance aligned doesn’t mean that the Kirin Tor’s neutrality affects how much they can act since
 they live in their frigging city.

And yet, to claim that any race that wasn’t involved on the 4th War isn’t alliance, wowee, sucks to be broken, frost dwarf and jinyu.

Oh, and the Silver Covenant actually ended up showing during the 4th War outside orgrimmar. heh

12 Likes

Right, so you agree that the Silver Covenant is a small Militia Group owned by Dalaran, and not the Alliance.

Oh, like you are actually doing that right now? Feigning Ignorance.

You know the difference betweena Nightborne and High Elves? Nightborne spent 10,000 years in isolation and have changed quite a fair bit to be something different from the Night Elves. High Elves have not been in any isolation, and like the Blood Elves, they went through no physical changes.

Ok, then, quoted from the same thread:

2: "Blizzard did Pandaren for both sides, they can do Blood/High Elves on both sides! How could it dilute faction identity more than Pandaren?"

I’m going to go ahead and say most people asking for High Elves don’t play Pandaren. Why? Because they represent the lowest number of players within their own faction out of ALL races. Last number estimates show about 2.5%, per faction. Combined across all of WoW, roughly 1 in 20 plays a Pandaren, whereas Blood Elf numbers are the most populous among Horde races, having been roughly equal to Human numbers in Alliance for most of WoW since TBC.

Also, for or those that don’t know, Blizzard regrets doing Pandaren as a Neutral race, to the point that I can say we’ll likely never see another Neutral race. Since MoP, it’s basically impossible to write Pandaren lore now, because their forces are split faction, and we haven’t seen them do anything notable in WoW since MoP. Their identity is basically nothing.

What official source is there to say that the Silver Covenant has been recruiting, or let alone, is a large group.

Oh right, lets pretend that there is no Humans working with the Horde, no Goblins friendly with the Alliance, etc. The fact that you’re only using the Silver Covenant as the only thing proves that you really don’t know much about the Silver Covenant much at all.

Tell me, when does joining the “Alliance Expedition” means that they become part of the Alliance.

You might want to say that to Ion then. Tell him that he is the one telling bullsh*t.

Oh look, another Joyuese. Post with Authority, think they are right about everything while ignoring everything else.

4 Likes

sure bud, vereesa appearing as alleria arm candy with no speaking lines implies the SC were there just invisible right? lets completely ignore the context as usual where alleria is there to convince the horde/alliance leaders to simply call off the attack, that sylvanas has the perfect army to face off against nzoth so why not just let them kill each other? she gets shot down and implies she and her sister will go scout with nary a mention of the SC. get real man

2 Likes

Given they only managed to produce a single battalion in Legion, I think we have confirmation they’re a small group.

3 Likes

I think the desperation with them is getting further more so real, because a Horde race has to be playable for them on Alliance.

3 Likes

Imagine being so insecure with your choice of faction.

4 Likes

Oh the horrors.

This is why I play both factions. Besides, you experience the full story, not half of it.

1 Like

Imagine having a meltdown over the idea of other people getting to play a race they’d enjoy.

9 Likes

No, it’s an alliance aligned militia which resides in Dalaran, because it’s comprised of Dalarani citizenry. They are not “owned” by Dalaran, from their inception they have been a group of Dalarani aligned with Alliance interests. How is this sho hard to get?

You literally said “people ignore these concerns” when you and I both know well they have been answered once and once again. I’m not saying you should agree with the answers, but it’s so disingenuous to claim they have been unanswered when they have been addressed to high heavens.

And you dismiss the whole part about difference being behavioral, lifestyle, aesthetics and cultural.

Also IDK where did you quote this, cause it’s just more subjective reasoning.

What does the first paragraph even means for faction identity? That because there are so much more BE that could turn HE it will be more noticeable because they are playable? So faction identity is predicated by how many people play a certain race, a popularity content? Sure BE are the epitome of Horde identity.

And Blizzard doesn’t regret doing Pandaren; only Ghostcrawler has officially said that, and this quote misatributes the problem with Pandaren lore to their neutrality rather than their lack of set up on each faction. Unlike Blood and High Elves, which have been part of their factions since at least 2006 To compare the lack of Pandaren identity to the Elven evident split is ludicrous; Horde Blood Elves and Alliance High Elves have literally killed each other, they have launched assaults against one another. Their animosity and place on their factions leaves the Huojin and Tushuii divide in shame.

RECURRING, it means it has shown up several times since 2008.

Come on, there are currently 3 High Elven groups in the alliance (SC, Highvale and Allerian, but now I guess you will tell me how they aren’t part of the alliance either
) without counting all the scattered alliance tagged high Elves. THOSE already alliance High Elves could unify.

I’m not even mentioning neutral HE’s like the KT or HE’s that have worked more with the Horde.

Honey we have been saying so since for ever!! I like the guy, but that doesn’t mean I don’t think his answer was BS. Don’t you realize that we think he’s wrong about this? He is not infallible.

You literally said that “everyone ignores these points” and I called you on that BS. I’m not telling you to agree with the points, but they HAVE been addressed, multiple times, so you are either lying or that aloof.

10 Likes

It’s actually hilarious how you belittle Vereesa more and more when you get angry.

I’m guessing Vereesa brought the siege ballistas with no intention of using them and just letting Sylvanas do whatever!

And sure, Vereesa came with those Ballistas just on her own, that makes TOTAL sense. In your reality.

8 Likes

I do too. That’s why I understand that High Elves and Blood Elves are two different groups with different ideals.

12 Likes

Exactly this, I’d love to play the high elf side of things, I’ve played the blood elf side.

11 Likes

I’m all in on Horde, but even I play Alliance just for the story.

And because Kul Tirans are my favourite race by a huge mile.

1 Like

And I love the BE side of things personally, I actually love that they were made part of the Horde, love that journey for them.

But it’s ridiculous that because I like the Blood Elves somehow I shouldn’t want to play High Elves and follow their choices. I love the idea of civil war, especially on a game about faction War; the High/Blood debacle would have been perfect for WoW and the faction war, yet we are beholden to reductive notions of faction exclusivity that hinder what could be awesome narratives where kin fights kin.

11 Likes

And what makes you say she brought them and that it wasn’t the Void Elves?

1 Like

Because they were blue high elf ballistas
?

???

7 Likes

Yeah it would be such an interesting story to me, and I think it would also help bring blood elves and their story to the forefront as well.

7 Likes

You know who else uses blue recolours of blood elf stuff? And who has been much more important in the story this xpac? And who is actually all in on the Alliance?

2 Likes

Civil war in Quel’thalas would be my dream, not only the VE HE team up would be amazing, but the NB/BE? I’ live for that (Lor’themar+Thalysra leading their peoples together in a new age?? YES)

And yet Void Elves have never used ballistas before this point, unlike High Elves, whose Ranger General is right there too. Like occam’s razor my dude.

12 Likes