The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

Negative, Iā€™m practicing for when itā€™s added as the first hero ranged

Isnā€™t lore Blood Elves are high elves, not the other way around?..

Like all Blood Elves tainted themselves with Felā€¦ High Elves havntā€¦ not to mention loyal to Allianceā€¦ Likeā€¦if you going off lore :joy:

Edit: Think of it like Magā€™har Orcs and Orcsā€¦ Orcs are green with fel and Magā€™har are ā€œtrue bloodā€, both the same but a Fel Orc cannot be Magā€™har again, while I Magā€™har can be a Fel Orcā€¦Yet 2 different factions.

Thatā€™s the loreā€¦ development is different cause Blizzard is all over the place with that. High Elves suppose to be so few in numbers, while Void Elves is like a ā€œ Tinyā€ groupā€¦

8 Likes

It is, youā€™re right, and itā€™s really just that simple.

Antiā€™s just cling to ā€œBlOoD eLvEs ArE hIgH eLvEsā€ and ignore the nuance that ā€œNot all High Elves are Blood Elvesā€.

Itā€™s what you do when you donā€™t have valid points not based in personal feelings on a subject anymore.

9 Likes

Well she mentioned going off lore, thought Iā€™d write that in as a reminder :grin:

She never actually cites her sources and most of what she says can be easily refuted just by going in game.

7 Likes

5 Likes

You use that a lot, get original lol

I understand the drama and arguement, I truely do, but thatā€™s the lore.

if you want to specify a specific group of high elves, you can use a qualifying adjective such as ā€˜allianceā€™, ā€˜dalaranā€™ or ā€˜silver covenantā€™. but attempting to define that group as high elves, and then defining blood elves as outside that group, is exactly the sort of problem allowing playable alliance high elves cause. blood elves are the heirs and successors to the high elf narrative, which they carry forward within the storyline

high elves are blood elves. thats why the game director came onto a stream and specifically picked this question to answer and told you ā€˜if what you want to be is a light skinned and majestic elf, that IS a blood elf.ā€™ making it clear the lore and development consider ā€˜highā€™ elves are only high elves in the biological sense

Nah, six month necros and yet another repetition of the fel nonsense doesnā€™t deserve effort.

1 Like

Except it isnā€™t.

Iā€™m not disputing High Elves are Blood Elvesā€¦ they are, but isnā€™t this wanting Quelā€™dorei as Alliance?

Another example, Lightforged Draenei and Draenei, one is a Draenei embued with the Light one is regular, they canā€™t go back to regular Draenei.

Becomes a different race/faction completely.

Edit: Can even mention Krokul, or the Broken, still Draenei, but gone through a change, which creates a different race/faction.

2 Likes

Itā€™s clean tho

actually you dont even have to log into the game itself, just load up the game and go the character creator screen where it literally tells you ā€˜the high elves, now known as the blood elvesā€™

https://imgur.com/a/UbzonKT

2 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s that hard to understand that the SC resides on a neutral city and are Alliance aligned at the same time. Itā€™s really not a hard concept to grasp.

Oh you have made pretty evident that only your litmus test of involvement is what matters, as ridiculous as that might be. Sure the SC took Dalaranā€™s political shift to strike violently against the Blood Elves during the purge and later the isle of thunder, a contempt also fueled by the hordeā€™s as a whole complicitness on Theramoore, and Rhoninā€™s loss.

But that doesnā€™t count! The level of delusion here is just staggering.

Nah mate, you just cover your ears everytime people answer to you. Donā€™t pretend people havenā€™t answered these questions hundreds of times. You really are good at feigning ignorance.

Yet Nightborne are this to the NE aesthetic, just slightly offset, as High Elves could be. Remember, as I have personally said plenty a time, differences need not be biological; aesthetics, behavior and lifestyle are non biological differences that would lead to a different model.

BS argument since Pandaren exist. Iā€™m sorry but thatā€™s just precedent.

The Silver Covenant has been acting since 2008 but sure, letā€™s pretend there isnā€™t a large and recurring HE faction for over a decade, besides the other splintered groups. Also letā€™s pretend that then the idea of High Elven reunification within the alliance, on itself, isnā€™t a possible lore development.

More BS. Did Void Elves had a hub before being introduced? Do Maghar actually have a Hub right now? Not even current AR fullfill this requirement. And guess what, the Silver Covenant has a hub in Crystalsong Forest, the Highvale have a Lodge, and half the population of the Allerian Stronghold is High Elves.

I know telling all of this is pointless because it wonā€™t be long until you simply dismiss these answers and say again

12 Likes

Sure thatā€™s why Vereesa shows up as an alliance leader during the PVP quest.

Iā€™m sorry but you keep spewing this nonsense of the SC not being ā€œofficially allianceā€ when they have always been portrayed as alliance sympathizers and thus a step away from officially becoming an alliance group, itā€™s just laughable.

And yet you keep making it as if it was a good argument time and time again.

9 Likes

Lol does it matter when High Elves gleefully followed those orders? When they reveled throwing blood elves into the sharks, literally? Bhahaha

2 Likes

she also helped me recover allerias bow in legion :woman_shrugging:

https://imgur.com/a/QuwtXEr

also we all know she isnt an alliance leader in any capacity. alleria quite clearly is tho and i wont dispute it. as she has a seat at the alliance table, vereesa doesnt and will rot off screen in dalaran until she is needed for the sole context of the 3 sisters narrative again

pretty much. there really isnt even anything to respond to in this post its just your ā€˜feelsā€™ on what the lore should be

Itā€™s like you donā€™t know what context is.

3 Likes

So you just denied facts happened, held Vereesa to an standard that other faction leaders donā€™t (basically, every alliance leader in legion that worked with both factions) and just dismiss her.

Just hilariously hypocritical.

I mean itā€™s just because you canā€™t grasp that an alliance aligned group lives on a neutral city. Thatā€™s by all measures your failure.

3 Likes