The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

Me too man, me too.

me three bro, me three. only difference is i have the utmost respect for the lore as it has been developed. one of the main problems with this ā€˜discussionā€™ is that those seeking playable high elves on the alliance seem unable to reconcile themselves to how the high elf story has progressed :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

YAY. Bring in the more love to us :heart:

3 Likes

Has there actually been any story seperate for the High Elves that did not rename themselves? I mean, they are all just slinter groups, and I havenā€™t seen any story involving them after the destruction of the Sunwell.

3 Likes

Insofar as the Kaldorei were the first masters of the arcane in Azeroth, yeah, they have been handicapping themselves. They have a natural affinity for the stuff.

I mean Maiev and her followers literally started assassinating Highborne; iā€™m not saying their reintegration was seamless by any means, itā€™s simply that officially they are allowed back into NE society and the bans on arcane were lifted. Those are facts not up for debate, whether people in universe disagree or not.

The Highborne were exiled because of the storm, but the ban on the arcane happened after the war of the ancients; the storm was a protest of the ban.

Whether the old prejudices remain is indeed moot because officially Tyrande lifted the ban, which makes sense considering they are allied with races that use the arcane and the reason for the ban, the threat of the legion, is moot as well.

Beyond traditionalist nelven prejudice, they donā€™t have a reason to ban arcane magic anymore.

As for how many Highborne survived, most likely proportional to the kaldorei as a whole, unless there was a sizeable number of them in Dalaran.

4 Likes

no. theyve never had a story of their own. just used as story tools to further a more important characters arc or foils to the blood elves. and they just lost that role to the void elves

yes, more! we must be protected! we are more precious then baby yoda after all

2 Likes

I mean I know both of you just try to forget that the Silver Covenant exists but come on this is ridiculous. Like not even counting all the times they have acted under Dalaran neutrality, they have been alliance enforcers in three occasions, two of them directly hostile toward Blood Elven and Horde interests.

To dismiss the fact that the Silver Covenant stands as a separate group of high elves whose entire narrative has happened actually after the split with the Blood Elves, and has not only been as a member of the alliance, but as their place as ramnants of Quelā€™thalas and its legacy (Zulā€™aman, Quelā€™dalar, Thasā€™dorah) as well as part of the elven diaspora (Suramar) and part of a hunter organization ( Trueshot Lodge) is blatantly miopic.

And to claim to have ā€œutmost respect for the loreā€ while doing so is just downright hilarious.

12 Likes

But the Silver Covenant is not a major hub of High Elves now, is it? And once again, there is really been no major story involving the Silver Covenant as well.

1 Like

Lol you literally dismissed the whole paragraph where I point out all the narratives the SC has been involved in hahahaha.

Also Dalaran is the hub of the SC, they live there, but itā€™s not like that could change, like when the Void Elves settled on Telogrus or the LFD on the Vindicaar. Itā€™s like not having a current hub doesnā€™t mean they canā€™t have one in the future? Weird!?"

9 Likes

Being involved with something does not mean having a story that actually pushed forward with.

was**

1 Like

I literally donā€™t understand this mindset. The SC gets agency on their actions and is involved in narratives but for you ā€œit doesnā€™t countā€ because your completely arbitrary perception of what valid development is. Not even counting that of made playable, they would get more development in their unlock quest.

I just donā€™t get it.

Considering that by Three Sisters Vereesa still lives in Dalaran, thereā€™s no weight to the idea that the Silver Covenant left Dalaran. The only evidence for it was the change to the Greyfang Enclave, which to people that seem to see it as evidence doesnā€™t seem to register as likely temporarily.

Cause do you really think Windrunner Sanctuary and the Greyfang Enclave are still under Forsaken and Gilnean control now? Lol. Given that the Dalaran portals in the home cites have Argen Forsaken and Silver Covenant, itā€™s evident they are meant to be seen as concurrent, meaning, Dalaran is neutral this the Argent Crusade is allowed, and the SC, which has always been alliance loyal, is still allowed in the city.

11 Likes

Dalaran does not belong to the Alliance, nor does belong to the Silver Covenant or the High Elves. Did you forget about that?

And there has been no major story involving the Silver Covenant ever since the faction was added into the game back in Wrath. Yeah, they have been involved in some parts of the story, but that isnā€™t exactly there story.

All the major points to why that they havenā€™t been added yet, and they seem to always being ignored:

• Too similar to Blood Elf in aesthetic (Fair-skinned, tall, majestic, blond-haired)
  • Blurs the lines between the factions (Both visually, and by population numbers)
  • No clear idea of who/what High Elves are as a larger faction (Splintered groups)
  • No hub where High Elves would pull from (Sort of related to the above point)
All points taken out from this thread, which was taken from several Q&Aā€™s.

Iā€™ll put it this way, the only way Alliance is going to get a fair skined Elf is if they make Blood Elves a nuetral playable race, which is very unlikely to ever happen considering they didnā€™t like the way the Pandarenā€™s were with being nuetral.

2 Likes

Donā€™t know why people think the Silver Covenant isnt a large enough groupā€¦ the exiled blood elves that became the Void elves are hardly a massive group of elves. lol

10 Likes

When was there a story about void elves before they were playable?

5 Likes

dude we have all been arguing this topic for years. the reasons have always boiled down to either a misunderstanding of what the elves were in the lore, which only makes sense if you assume the person is using the LOTR cliches to fill in the gaps, OR a desire to have another sexy race option. high elves are already playable, you chose not to play them and play void elf

the SC are alliance sympathetic, but not alliance members. given that the vast majority of the few who are still alive live in the neutral city of dalaran, working inside the which is pledged to the neutral kirin tor, the vast majority of them dont even live in alliance territory. they have alliance sympathies, sure, but thats it. oh, and dont forget they were completely absent from the fourth war. guess who was also absent, the kirin tor. no dalaran/kirin tor no SC :relaxed:

2 Likes

I meanā€¦ They fall under the Alliance Vanguard in Wrath soā€¦ Theyā€™re definitely alliance.

5 Likes

yea and the sunreavers joined the horde expedition in wrath. but they werent fighting each other. the SC were working for the NEUTRAL kingdom of dalaran back in wrath and appearing to help the alliance in the context of kirin tor representatives(the only context they ever appear for the alliance in). AGAIN, i repeat, alliance sympathetic just like the sunreavers, but not alliance members. perfect example of pros trying to fanfiction something into more then anyone not in sheer denial sees

also both of those factions were dissolved at the conclusion of wrath and the SC/sunreavers returned to dalaran. unless youre gonna fanfiction we are still fighting arthas in BFA too

:joy::rofl:

4 Likes

There was this event called the Purge of Dalaran where the Silver Covenant actively targeted every Sunreaver in the city in retaliation for the Blood Elves taking the bell.

4 Likes

SIlver Covenant Killed a lot of ā€œHorde Sympathetic Sunreaversā€ back in MOP didnt they? One Blood Elf even screamed about this during the Baine rescue.

7 Likes