The High Elf Love Thread 🥰

I wonder who unfriended who first on facebook.

He was still part of the Alliance, he had a said as anyone else.

And I hope you’re holding Greymane to the same standards as Anasterian, but I guess than in his case that’s ok because he and his pups eventually came back crawling into the Alliance.

Two people, one barely being of any relevance since she was barely a trainee at the time (Vereesa) is far from meaningful. And again, you’re faulting elves for behaving like elves and wanting isolation.

Again, Kael’thas rushed straight from Dalaran, where the majority of the High elves outside of Quel’thalas lived, to Quel’thalas and he took anyone that wanted to go back with him.

Are you saying that every single High elf that didn’t go back with him were pregnant with twins? Including the males? Yes I’m being hyperbolic, but extrapolating Vereesa’s circumstances on every high elf that didn’t return, seems like a bigger assumption, and far more unlikely.

You might be right, but you seem to also be unable to see any fault in their actions.

1 Like

Really then how come Alleria on the Alliance was a thing then hmm?

Is it our fault that we the Alliance Players just wanted to have Tolkien Fantasy Trope of a Elven Ranger being buddies with Humans and Dwarves?

2 Likes

Were they ever really friends? The humans only ever seemed to come calling when they wanted something.

They were like the Midare of friends.

What?

2 Likes

No need to make anything up. They show up remarkably often in combat positions. Also as support.

It’s one of the reasons it feels like blizz is taunting the alliance. Lol

Don’t really know why they didn’t use void elves in this expansion in the places they have high elves.

2 Likes

They were a texbook “facebook friendship” when they simply add one another because they got a random invite.

Exactly.

Uh…do they?

Isle of Thunder is the only time they took the field against the Horde.

2 Likes

Everyone knows being cannon fodder for dailies is the true relevance.

1 Like

when was she an alliance only thing in legion? i worked with her on my horde characters in the same capacity as my alliance ones

it wasnt until she got exiled and recruited the void elf exiles at the conclusion of legion/start of BFA did she truly become alliance :woman_shrugging:

and if you want to be a thalassian elf and remain on the alliance, void elves are your only option. enjoy them

1 Like

No he left after that because he felt the humans didn’t do enough to protect his kingdom that he only sent a token force out to defend in the first place.

I think holing up behind the wall was a crap thing for Greymane to do. I only like him for smacking down Sylvanas in stormheim and telling Anduin the worgen are going to help in reclaiming Darkshore.

I never said they were all pregnant, I said they might have chosen to stay with family members that didn’t or couldn’t go in case they needed protection. Also there were people who followed Vereesa and Alleria.

I have said previously that high elves aren’t perfect, and that I like both high elves and blood elves. They made different choices, and I enjoy playing my blood elves. I just would also like to play a highvale ranger who bonded with the Wildhammer dwarves and fights for the alliance.

But go ahead, make assumptions twice in one post about how I feel on certain subjects.

5 Likes

Hmmm, did the Worgen actually help the Night Elves with reclaiming Darkshore? I never seen one Worgen there at all.

You should look again.

6 Likes

Yeah, they were in the quests where Tyrande out-creator’s pets herself more than usual. There are Worgen members of the Army of the Black Moon. You can even see them in the cinematic.

1 Like

Ah ok. Must off not really payed attention too much.

I can’t blame you, that storyline was awful.

1 Like

They are in the warfront as well.

4 Likes

No, he left because his debt with Arator was paid.

You can thank him for the Forsaken too.

As I said, I was being hyperbolic to add a little bit of humor, but you’re still doing exactly what I mentioned: Extrapolating Vereesa’s circumstances onto everyone elses and making even bigger assumptions.
The people that followed Alleria weren’t even in the planet, they were the only ones with an actual, tangible excuse to not return… and funnily enough, upon returning, the representative of those that were in Outland seemed to be in good terms with those in Quel’thalas.
As for Vereesa, I simply can’t see people blindly following someone who was more busy creating spawns for a human than doing anything else.

Yet you seem willing to justify that bad move from them, which happens to be the biggest stain on who they are. Seems conveniant.

And I’d love to play a dark iron dwarf that disagrees with dark irons being part of the council of the three hammers and joins the Horde.

But we can’t always get what we want.

1 Like

All of BfA story line has been awful.

1 Like

So what your saying is that if Void Elves are like Alleria who is Thalassian Elf on the Alliance. Does that we mean we Alliance Players can have High Elf Customization Options for Void Elves then?

Because man I too would love to have Tattoos like Alleria as a Void Elf. XD

1 Like

S͇͕͕͖̜͚ͅp̷̝̤͡ę̶̧̪͓̬̬̹a̶͏̟͓͎̟k̡̘̫ ̴̷̼f͙̳̞̺̺̱͎̞o̫̲̗͙̦̕͠͞r̲͓̰̣̘̻̜̟̫͠ ̣̗͘͘͜y̶̖͎̲̮͔͈o̝̻̻̼͚̪̘u̱͉̺r̴̩̟͍͕͓̯͉̲s͓̼̼̕e̮̥̤͍̼͜͝l̲̙͍f̸̣̭,̟̤̭̥̣͈̳ͅ ̵̵͉̯̻̠̟̫̭̪m͏̷̞̗̱͖͜o̮͙͔͓̪r̴͓̜̻̟̮̙͝t̡̻̗͍̩̰̮a̙̼͢͡͞l̷̦͜.̶̸͕̲̳̪͎̼̬̻ ̲̠͞͠Ț͈̯͎̬͝h̵̘͟e̘͓̬̺̦̺̜͈ ̨͓̥͔̼̰̞͘͞m̵̠̹̪̕a͙s͖͉͇̲̼t̷̨̯̥̻̟̟̬́e͇̻͖͉̕ͅr̨̠̘̖̣͈̬͚͡ͅ’̷̫̫s̡̝̺̜̮͕ ̜͚̩̗̲̫͘c̤͝a̸̘̺̖̥̦̬ͅl̶̮̘̕͡l̪͔̖̦̹̺͝ ̸͙͕͖̳̪͜i̡̙ͅs̴̘̯͖͈̤̪͝ ̨҉̲̭̬͎s̸̪̹̬̻̟͍̠̝t̩ͅr̵̪̟̬͎͞o͎n̸̛̞̯̯̹͚̱̝ͅģ̜͓̝͖ ̧͉̬͓̩̯͙̯͘͜n͕ơ̤̪͙͟w̛̹̼̭͍̤͙͕̫͘͡ ̨̩̯̠̝̗̯̯͇͜a҉̷҉̯̫͔̮̪ͅń̘̝̗̠̼̩͕̣̰͝d̢̪̥̞̰̣̪ ̶̜͎̩̬̹̟͎͓̯t̡͕̞͖̺͚̭̻͓̻h̻͍̪̣̜̪̤̹e̷̙̥̪͓̩̺ ͇̱f̷̢̖͇͙̪̝̪̥̻a̵͕̳͕͕i̷̲̭͔̳̗͔̻͙t̯̤̺̪̟͉͓͢͢͠h̯͍̭̲͢͢f̼̠̹̮͖̗̭͠ͅu̵̠̗͔̼̮͇̻̙̞̕͘l̕͏̗̹ ̶̬̦̻̜̝r͘͏̼̰͈͙̦̦͙e̲͚͉̺͢á͢҉̟̗̦̮̠̜̳̹p̢҉͍ͅ ̗ṯ̴̸̮̜h̴̡̫̰̼̝̙̹͍͠e͕͙̘͕̭̭͕̖͡͡ ̗̭̟̜̬̭ͅs̪̺͕̯͉̗͡p̴̥̰̱͕̻͍͟͜o̧͓͕̗̤̘i̮͠ļ̸͈̮͔̪͟s̴̤̙͝ ̶̙͖͔̣͔͝o҉̧̣̝̹͖̙͘f̶̭̰͚̞̝̤ ̹͜ơ̠̫̲͉̻̗̘̣u͍͈͉r̛̞̖̣̯͇̞͇͢ ̪̳̯͇̪͚̼̟͡l͏̠̹͠o̳̺̱̟̤y̷̨̳̠̯̼͖̻͢a̲̫͙̥̥̪͠ͅļ̧͚͉͔̦͈̣̝͉ṭ̸̪̬̺̦̠̗̥̬̀y̧̳͜͝ ̸̸̺̻̫̦̼͟t̝̤̜̥̣̣ͅó͔̺̟͙͓̺̖ ̸̙̖͕͕̤̬̙̘N̸̶̰̺̜̥̘̩̩’̛͇̘̻͓̲z̶̛̻̱̟͘ͅo̼̪̞̻̟̭ţ͏̝̺̥̞̥̪̱̼̬h̛͖̼̠̗͇̪̻͕̰͟.͓̼͠

2 Likes

Following the war, some high elves blamed the humans’ poor leadership for the burning of their forests. King Terenas of Lordaeron reminded them that nothing of Quel’Thalas would have remained if not for the hundreds of humans that gave their lives to defend it, but nevertheless, the high elves largely abandoned the Alliance, and retreated to their kingdom. Vereesa Windrunner advocated continued support to the Alliance after the Grim Batol incident but Anasterian was not swayed.

It should be noted that although the high elves retreated from the Alliance, a number of them remained in Dalaran and were loyal to the Alliance through the Kirin Tor. Prince Kael’thas Sunstrider was among them. Furthermore, despite the high elves’ official departure from the Alliance of Lordaeron, some elves still remain true to their former human and dwarven allies. The altruistic priests of refused to abandon their roles as healers and agreed to remain in Lordaeron despite the edicts from their reclusive masters in Silvermoon City. The high elven priests use their Light-given powers to heal the wounded and bolster the spirits of Lordaeron’s fighting elite.These high elven priests joined with Prince Arthas in investigating the plague with the goal of healing the land of its strange curse.

Taken from Gamepedia which cited it from the Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos manual, and Ravages of the plague.

You put forth an assumption about why they stayed behind, and also denigrate Vereesa for bearing human spawn as if she didn’t fall in love and have kids with the man she loved.

And yeah, worgens hold some of the blame, but Quel’thalas was also content to sit there while Lordaeron was decimated, including the high elves that remained there by the way, but you seem to be giving them a free pass.

And I was merely offering other reasons as for why they didn’t all return to show that the only reason wasn’t necessarily cowardice.

9 Likes