The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

That is not a real color. It is an illusion of the mind, like Stygian blue.

AN ILLUSION! WHAT ARE YOU HIDING!

Sorry, I can not resist that every time someone says something about something being an illusion.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s no point talking to some people about this. They are broken records who want to end discussion. They get to have variety in their elves but want us to be confined to one color scheme.

3 Likes

Or reddish green. That oneā€™s freaky.

2 Likes

Youā€™re not the proper race to do it.

AN ILLUSION!? WHAT ARE YOU HIDING!?

Prepare to be meteored!

Yellow is a color that does not exist either

That feels kinda harsh, calling others broken records. Nobody is broken :sob:

Howdy folks, Iā€™d like to suggest that we consider campaigning towards Half Elves. With the current dev team deciding the rules that we play by, High Elves, as many people want them, are unfortunately a slim to zero chance now

Half Elves however bring something new. Half Elves still embody the race weā€™d like to play. If weā€™re able to steer the demand in that direction then it may actually happen

2 Likes

I agree with half elves.

2 Likes

Yelllow does. Yellowish blue on the other handā€¦

We already have a horde race and you have a alliance race. But your elves share the same skin color and lore with nelves, but for some reason our elves canā€™t use your skin colors. This is unfair.

4 Likes

I would agree with Half Elves Lorithyn, except, here is the problem:

they can be half Night Elf and Half Human as well (not that any are known), and Half High Elf/Half Human are extremely rare, as there is only 3 half elves known and all 3 of them are Vareesaā€™s children.

1 Like

Lor, do you have level 3? If so, you should totally post a Half Elf thread! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I canā€™t, I lost my level 3 due to inactivity. :frowning:

2 Likes

I would love it, just add pointy ears to humans and call it half elf, easy lol

1 Like

Except they donā€™t. The Nightborne were isolated for 10,000 years. Night Elves werenā€™t.

No, Arator is Alleriaā€™s son, not Vereesaā€™s. Thereā€™s also Alodi. Heā€™s dead, but he was a Half Elf in life.

Plus they had some lore for Half Elves that they decanonized. They could always re-canonize it.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ranger_(Warcraft_III)
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Half-elf

4 Likes

These trust level systems along with many features on these new forums are a bad idea. Blizzard should have more moderation with there own forums instead of implementing a system on the forums that fails in every way.

Oh, sorry, my mistake on 1 of the children. But still, half elf breeds are extremely rare as Elves does not breed with humans often.

Yes they are rare, but void elves are a small group and they are playable.

1 Like

All theyā€™d have to do to fix this is recanonize the RPG stuff on Half Elves and/or the Half Elf Rangers that were cut from WC3.

These fearless Half-Elven women are masters of survival and wilderness exploration. Trained to hunt down renegade Orcs and Trolls in the wildlands of both Azeroth and Lordaeron, the Rangers are a force to be reckoned with. Being Half-Elven, the Rangers are often avoided by members of the High Elven stock. However, these crafty females make their home in the wilds and seldom feel the need for the distractions of camaraderie. Rangers are expert marksmen with the longbow and carry specially weighted bows and magically enhanced arrows.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010813143456/http://www.blizzard.com/war3/races/ranger.shtml

4 Likes

I am just going to quote this from another thread:

ā€œYou say thereā€™s not enough High Elves left, but thereā€™s even less Void Elves, yet they are an Allied Race!ā€

Letā€™s start with basic stuff. Actual NPC numbers, towns, factions in WoW, etc, do not represent canon numbers. WoW is a representation of a multi-game IP. Example: The canon number of people in Goldshire is somewhere in the thousands, where as in game, I donā€™t think you can find more than 30 NPCs.
The point being, we donā€™t know how many High Elves are left. We also donā€™t know how many Void Elves were created. Peopleā€™s perception that thereā€™s less Void Elves than High Elves is based on in-game representation, and Void Elves were literally just added, so of course there will appear to be less. This has definitely changed going forward as you can already see them in BfA events, and they even have their own Island Expedition team. High Elves, barring a single NPC here and there, will only see less and less limelight as Void Elf stories move forward.