The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

Void Elves are nothing similar to the Night Elf. Void Elves are Blood Elves that are infused with the Void. Complete difference.

Both have purple/blue skin how can you say that thereā€™s not a similarity?

4 Likes

They absolutely are similar appearance wise, only void elves are less awesome. We could have used a non purple/blue elf, such as the high elves that already exist on the alliance finally being playable.

Then theyā€™d have a good story too and not be pulled from a bum.

2 Likes

I like void elves, but i would to like to play a elf race with ā€œhumanā€ skin tones.

I will never understand why they still add high elves to alliance in every expansion if they will never became playable.

5 Likes

They keep using them to add salt to the wound probably. That may not be the case, but since they wonā€™t discuss it and choose to ignore us altogether thatā€™s how it feels.

4 Likes

Honestly, the more I think about void elves, the more I question what is going on with Blizzard. There are so many ways they couldā€™ve added a similar race, given it a solid backstoryā€¦and not tied it to a single character who doesnā€™t even have the void appearance herself.

Maybe they have plans to do something big with itā€¦ Though it mightā€™ve been cooler to see the High Elves cut off from the Sunwell morph into something more interestingā€¦in time. (And they couldā€™ve come up with another reason to block them from it, aside shadow)

Still glad we donā€™t have an identical elf race on each faction, but just saying.

They easily could have done alterations in model and stance like they did with nightborne and given us high elves that way. They already exist, have a story connected to the alliance, and have been requested for years. There was no reason to pull void elves out of nowhere.

10 Likes

High elves could be add with a new skeleton, even half elves with human skeleton would make me happy.

I think they have plans to add human skin colors to void elves in the future, this could explain why they didnā€™t change her appearance.

1 Like

As long as the hair color remains different from blood elves, and the eyes keep a uniquely void elf look (even with more color additions), I could get behind that.

But there has to be a major addition to their story so they truly gain their own identity to go with it. (imo) I wouldnā€™t even be against the purple elves if there was more build up to itā€¦I just am not into this light vs shadow theme going on I guess lol

1 Like

Iā€™ve always said this, when Void Elves were announced I seriously thought, High Elves, Tats like Alleria and racial void form like Alleriaā€¦ then classes announced no Paladin, thatā€™s fine slight kick back gotta stay positive I main Warlock anyways, then I saw what they look likeā€¦:man_facepalming:t4::man_facepalming:t4::man_facepalming:t4:, huge missed opportunityā€¦

Huge missā€¦

7 Likes

After the events of Legion, I was really hoping not to have one. Thanks for giving me exactly what I didnā€™t want, Blizz.

1 Like

I am just annoyed at how this all was done, and the response to it and then the silence since then. I am over blizzard and their games right now.

3 Likes

1 Like

Why do people keep insisting that Night Elves have no caucasoid skin tones? Itā€™s simply not trueā€¦especially the female Night Elves.

I am happy to see you and your gifs again!

Iā€™m happy to see you too

2 Likes

The closest they have is like a bubblegum pink, but itā€™s still not the high elf look, and they donā€™t have the hair colors for high elves either.

Night elves are their own version of fabulous.

3 Likes

Oh right, skin colour means there is a lot of similarity.

1 Like

I also thought a faction war after Legion didnā€™t make sense. It should be built over the expansions before the conflict got serious.

Maybe BfA should have been just Nā€™Zoth expansion after all. Remove the faction war plot entirely, focus on Uldir, Gā€™huun, Naga, Nazjatar, Nā€™Zoth. Maybe Nā€™Zothā€™s forces could sabotage factions, creating tensions that would build up to another faction war.

OR it could have been faction war all the way, with Nā€™Zoth being freed but its plot being the focus of next expansion.

Either way, BfA would have been better.

11 Likes

You said:

But same skin color is a similarity. Thematically they are very different, but not in appearance. I would like to have the same privilege you have, because you can play a high elf with high elf look and a highborne with highborne look.

4 Likes