The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

It mildly triggers me that you got all the hearts for my joke. I’m going to become a supervillain and your arch nemesis.

3 Likes

Doubling down on the invalidate with a made up question, cool I guess

Only when you consider providing transportation, which literally any windrider in the Horde can provide, something worth counting as “development” (and boy, the quotation marks don’t even cut it
) but providing something unique during an important battle doesn’t count.

What’s like to be a member of any race from the player’s perspective? The answer is pretty obvious

2 Likes

Depends on exactly what you mean by that question. From an RP perspective? It’d feel pretty dumb imo

Imagine if a Blood Elf RPer had the Void Elf story as his bio before Void Elves were announced. Most people would’ve found it cringyworthy

I’ll give ya a heart, buddy :heart:

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

And got proven wrong, so you moved goal posts. You forgot that part

2 Likes

Tbf HM Tauren had an entire questing zone and their own reputation to grind. Void Elves only get what’s probably the dumbest scenario Blizz implemented in recent years

2 Likes

2 Likes

Tbf Legion content isnt BFA

You did it again.

2 Likes

Literally just answered you in the most honest way.

It is jut like any other race. The game isn’t designed to factor it.Ever.

1 Like

If we’re talking about the development of our playable races, HM Tauren got quite a bit more before they were even playable. Void Elves are laughable in comparison

I mean it won’t stop them from being the most played allied race, but that doesn’t make Void Elves any less dumb

2 Likes

The discussion was in regards specifically to BFA.

Let’s see
 I don’t play Alliance, the only time I tried I only made it to level 3 with a dwarf and people of both Horde and Ally in my friends list whispered me asking me if I was running a fever

But imo, to play a Void elf, it could be to be someone with strong ideals, so strong that, even dangerous (and I mean, truly dangerous to the point of endangering the pillar of your own society) possibilities are fair game and worth exploring. People that even if they fought and struggled alongside their people still disagreed with the direction their leadership took and yet, they pulled through with their people until the point where their strong ideas got them in trouble.

Pragmatic, decisive. That’s what Void elves look like to me.

Yeah, there’s no argument there. Void elves got absolutely shafted with their intro.

But Ala has been saying that they’ve had development during BFA and
 that almost made me choke on my coffee.

Oh in BfA? The HM Tauren were in BfA? I honestly had no idea. Sorry, me a dumb dumb

2 Likes

Avoiding the obvious e-girl jokes.

1 Like

Racial development means NOTHING to the player, however, which is why the question Alamara posed is a ridiculous one.
The only quests which the player can experience as X race, is the heritage quest, and ironically enough, the blood elf one revolves around the high elf story!
If you did it as a human the story would play out the same way.

This is part of game design.
Your race is aesthetic, cosmetic.

You don’t “experience” any stories differently from a player who is a dwarf. Anyone who says “well I want to experience the high elf story” is full of it, because that story is experienced by EVERYONE doing the quest.

1 Like

Actually, those Ally players in my friends list as people that I had wpvp fights with.

After beating one another several times we eventually began talking and ended up in good terms.

I just realized them and me are essentially a shonen anime stereotype

The only time you could reletively prove against this is by being a blood elf during Queldalar