The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

New races could be good. Vulpera are already a hit, Blizz just needs to plant the seed ahead of time so they don’t come out of left field
 Like most allied races

1 Like

I may be more neutral to High Elves joining or not, but I’m always open for more options. Plus, people have been asking for them a whole lot for a very long time. And I think they can help with giving the Alliance a bit of a boost in player population too since I feel there might be a Horde bias out there after seeing some stuff on reddit, and a few of my own experiences too.

Exactly. I know Blizzard does have the resources to do something like this, and they have the creative minds, though the story with BfA is the worse the story has ever been, but it doesn’t mean that every story that happens in WoW is going to be bad in the future. I mean, there is so many possibilities for a new Elven race to happen.

So instead of giving something that is old, lets make something new out of this.

Honestly, can I ask one question, do you really think there is a faction inbalance? Because the way I look at it, there is only a participation inbalance, and adding a race that is already on the Horde to be playable for the Alliance isn’t really going to solve that issue.

1 Like

Speaking of Vulpera, I honestly think they should have been a neutral race. They were pretty nice anyway. And you have a point too that Blizz needs to plant the seeds ahead of time for allied races so that they don’t just look like they appeared outta nowhere. But after Vulpera, I honestly would like to see both High Elves and Drow if possible. I think they can be pretty nice additions as well here. If not Drow, then I think just High Elves are good enough for me.

Yeah, you have a good point. I wasn’t talking about races though, just the players going Horde more. And I wasn’t thinking about adding a Horde race to the Alliance back there also, I was thinking that High Elves and Blood Elves could be considered separate races is all.

It’s alright man, but yeah, sadly, Blood Elves and High Elves are the same race, and that is just how it is writen.

Back when I first joined WoW back at the start of TBC, I was facinated by the idea of Orcs vs Humans, but I wasn’t prepared to see an Elven Race on Horde. At first, I thought who’s idea was it to put a pretty race in with a faction of monsters. But until I started playing a Blood Elf, and saw the story for myself, it was well, quite a sad story with the High Elves after what happened within the Third War, and in terms of the lore, I finally understood why they joined the Horde.

2 Likes

I don’t think they’re doing a neutral faction again. They should though, mecha high elves can be neutral as a compromise, could chose whether to be mecha high elves or mecha blood elves or mecha void elves.

Half Elves could be neutral. The RPG says that although they’re typically fiercely loyal to the Alliance, some select individuals choose to join the Horde. It’s just a possible explanation for those who want to RP one while being Horde aligned, but it’s an option

Down with the high elves! They are smelly! They hate tentacles!
Void elf supremacy forever!

On a serious note, still against high elves. I remain unconvinced.

I dunno, I always imagined that a Blood Elf would smell like strawberries

No, they smell like iron good sir.
High elves smell like dirty water.

The thing is, the high elves already have that story, so how would being playable suddenly cast blood elves in a bad light?

Besides, blood elves chose one path, high elves chose another, neither of them knew what the results of that path would be. Blood elves aren’t morally wrong for doing what they thought it would take to survive.

I do understand the concern with how blizzard would write it, but that’s why that should be discussed as far as what we would like to see should they be made playable. If they are added, what would be a good way to write them without destroying their stories? I don’t think high elves should be painted as villains, that’s not to say they are pure hearted and do no wrong or anything, and I don’t think blood elves should be written as the villains either.

4 Likes

But Blood Elves are High Elves!

2 Likes

Oh, we only smell like strawberries when we use cheap perfume. We smell like the High Heavens 99% of the time, so no cheap perfume for us.

1 Like

The high elves bath in the sewer water of Stormwind.
Blood elves bath in the blood of their enemies.
Void elves? We smell like burnt steak.

Cookie if anyone figures out where I got the last one from.

But are they mecha high elves

Stormwind has sewers? I thought we all just put our waste in the canals. Maybe I’m just doing it wrong

W-well, er
 Not exactly

2 Likes

I think it would be cool for races to have options for mechanical limbs, cool looking ones though, not what the mecha gnomes have. Lose a limb in battle? Befriend a gnome or goblin, sign a few waivers, and pray to Elune, or the light, or n’zoth, or whoever, that it doesn’t explode.

1 Like

If a tinker class ever becomes a thing it could be unique customization for them, similar to how DK’s get unique options

3 Likes

That would be acceptable to me!