The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Me, I’d be fine with just a “I disagree but see what your concern is” type deal. It’s mainly the “No, you just made that up to cover up for your sociopathic desires to make us suffer” that are the big problems (extreme, but a certain regular likes to throw that one out).

I mean, I get some of the reasons that have been listed to want the race, and they make sense. I just don’t think that it’s a good idea. And I don’t think that anyone’s doing anything like doing it just to take away something nice Horde has. (Now, if someone’s being a certain type of hat about it, I may get snarky at them, and I’m not always the person Mr. Rogers thought I could be then)

3 Likes

Not being called: petty, spiteful, racist, vile, ect. Is a good start.

Again, the reductionist/dismissal thing isn’t great. Nor is the conversation-forum rules-manipulation thing used to try and frame posters out of the conversation. Not to mention going after people by flag bombing their older posts.

5 Likes

We don’t have a Joy, Cal, or Cezol.

4 Likes

To be fair most of the concerns are sensible concerns to have.

The best thing, which has probably been said like thirty times, would have been if Void Elves hadn’t happened and they’d just given us High Elves then
 Would virtually have been the same as the Void Elves excepting the silhouette/exactly the same as the Blood Elves issue.

For your lot, perhaps.

Which I think you’re saying is that you want the continuity.

^ And that’s not the first case of people telling us they will never happen, or to play void elves or horde, etc.

And I’ve seen antis state they flat out don’t care about our sides feelings, and I have personally tried asking people on the anti side what would make them feel at peace with high elves if they were told the alliance is getting them. I want to take people’s feelings into account, but it gets difficult with the way a lot of people act.

3 Likes

Should we become sensitive everytime someone says that they will happen?

1 Like

Thanks for bringing up an example! Posts like this are exactly the problem. Whether they’re pro or anti. I’ve seen it happen a few times, and apparently am not the only one.

It’s why in 
I think it was the Mega-thread, I tried to caution people not to be too sure whether they were in support or not. You know how it is with expectations!

1 Like

You said no one has told us not to ask when literally someone just told us to stop asking.

Except for my pet concern, the avoidance of more horde story getting smeared through the mud. Forgive me for not typing out the essay again, but I feel that changing the elves who didn’t go through with the blood elf survival strategy from being either the privileged few who could mooch off dalaran artifacts and the extremely hardy who were able to weather the withdrawal, you could end up changing the tone of the story from desparate necessary measures into cruel decadence to avoid a minor suffering. And I REALLY do not trust the writers not to do something like that if they get half an excuse to do so.

2 Likes

Did I now?

I think you deserve visibility.

I mean if they were adding the blood elf model anyways, why leave open the door like this in the long run? Might as well just toss em in and not make up a new elf type. (honestly I wish the entirety of Alleria’s story had no void and just leaned into her uniting what few “high” elves remain.)

All that said I love my Void Elf immensely. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah kinda.

No you didn’t. My apologies.

I hardly think you want me holding you accountable for Cal or Cezol. Not that Lydon compares.

Especially since I don’t consider you to be of particular issue.

1 Like

I’m just dead tired while also unable to sleep so my focus is shot. I didn’t mean to put words in your mouth.

For sure, it’s the thing I never knew I wanted.

I think the Devs decided that there weren’t really enough of them to do that with, though they should have rolled up what remained of them - and done so with clear exposition.

1 Like

I agree. That is a concern. The Blood Elf story at least from a hardcore Blood Elf players standpoint would likely just feel a little
 Undermined?

High Elves and Blood Elves are VERY similar, and really the main differences are mostly their choices in dealing with the loss of the Sunwell. The Blood Elves pushed towards Illidans/Rommaths way to draw magic and sort of fell a little more to the desire for vengeance for what happened to them.

The High Elves reeled from the event and their inability to easily return to their ruined home, and settled where they were. They felt morally unwilling to draw magic form living things to survive and got by with what they had.

The political differences then come into it with where they stayed. Most of the in game High Elves remained in Alliance lands and developed a loyalty to them. Others canonically stayed near to or in Quel’Thalas and just didn’t do the Rommath draw magic thing.
And the largest group remained in Dalaran.

I mean you can make stories from all of that, but fundamentally they’re the same thing. Its dealing with the loss and the return of the Sunwell crossed with where they ended up when the dust settled.

This is a thing that needs to be handled with GOOD story with a well thought out path to its conclusion if they want it to be good. Otherwise it’ll just feel like pandering to someone.

1 Like

Agreed. The population concern is one of those shaky bits of Lore with regards to the conversation given how careless Blizz is with that sort of thing. Is why I say that ultimately they’ll do whatever with it; since we did get Void Elves out of it.

It would be nice to see Blizz actually -do- something with High Elves rather than just dotting them around. Are they all joining up with their Ren’dorei friends and becoming Ren’dorei themselves? Do they get welcomed back to Silvermoon instead and become Sin’dorei? What’s the deal?

At least then they’d get some sort of development, though I know the demand mainly seems to be for playable High Elves on one end ,or no playable High Elves on the other.

1 Like

They Could even have done this with Alleria gathering the remnants of the High Elves and THEN have things go to them turning into Void Elves. BOOM all high elves Void Elves Alliance has their High Elves.

2 Likes