The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

News to me. I thought she was invited to die and come back as forsaken so sister dearest and her “followers” would “accept” her.

Late response due to work, but

Wasn’t the purge of Dalaran more about jailing Sunreavers then it was slaughtering them? The Alliance scenario is vastly different from the Horde’s after all. The wiki says that while the purge was bloody, those who cooperated were imprisoned instead of killed. Obviously it isn’t right to imprison innocent civilians either, but canonically it wasn’t a relentless bloodbath

When Lor’themar confronted Jaina in MoP he didn’t call for her death as retribution for slain Sunreavers, he demanded that she have them set free

I find the whole event odd. Jaina wanted them out of the city, but one of the goals for Alliance players is to prevent their escape
 Figured that having them “escape” the city would be in accordance with Jaina’s wishes, but oh well

2 Likes

There is no case by case basis. Canonically there are very few Velves and they got made playable, so population no longer matters as to whether a race can be an AR.

2 Likes

3 Likes

We enjoy Fondue all night.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Void elves alone kinda throw a wrench in the population argument.

1 Like

Theoretically, but they still killed a lot of people. Even during the Alliance quests you get sent to kill an innocent merchant entirely to take his money.

Both are canon and just because a lot of them were imprisoned over their race during the Alliance quests, doesn’t excuse the absolute bloodbath the Horde witnesses.

Just a regular one.

Because the Silver Covenant are not good people.

1 Like

If the silver covenant aren’t good folk then all the more reason they’d join the alliance to have a reason to kill horde.

3 Likes

We can play the highvale elves.

Edit: I said I’d post this for some people, sorry it’s not related to high elves.

Ladybugs VS Queen bees

https://imgur.com/BusIUQs

4 Likes

I bring this up often, but every Death Knight was raised as Arthas’ champion. Every paladin has the legendary, one and only Ashbringer. Would the existence of playable High Elves really bother anyone from a lore perspective?

High Elves have higher hurdles to jump than their population, that’s a really low bar. If it were stated that exactly 8 named and living elves exist and no more then I’d agree, but since the number is up in the air it isn’t the issue

I still think this conclusion is being jumped to. If the SC were overall terrible then I’d imagine that opinion would’ve been stated by someone in game (maybe it is?). To my knowledge Blood Elves are willing to kill High Elves simply because they’re Alliance. Otherwise it’s only players that label them as bad people

2 Likes

If they absolutely don’t want to do High Elves, they should at least do Void Elf Alleria customization options and Night Elf Shen’dralar customization options.

I honestly don’t know if they will do anything at this point, not even acknowledge the request. There would have to be a mass exodus of people who want high elves before they would even do that much I think.

2 Likes

The thing is, I’ve noticed that my two Q&As were removed about High Elves during Blizzcon 19 Q&A thread. I didn’t get notifications. They were just removed.

It makes me sad that that doesn’t surprise me.

2 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes

I’ve watched this thread go from like under 5000 to almost 9000 posts and I still don’t see any elf ladies with decent beards
hic!

3 Likes

Thank you!

You’re welcome - I particularly love that ladybug jammer in the back about to take that bee into the wall and off her skates. :wink:

1 Like

That occurred later on i believe

. Didn’t you know? People are fickle.