The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Don’t worry, I adore you in any form, even void elf.

1 Like

Oh Reno, we’re posting on Void Elves now? Hang on, lemme find my Warrior.

1 Like

Every high elf came from Quel’thalas with only those who were in Dalaran living there as an exception. This was literally a case of them looking at their home and going “Eh, let it burn.”.
Of them looking at friends and family and going “Not my problem.”.
Of them going “Yeah, we rely on the sunwell for its power and the children and elderly are now dying from the ill effects but, its not my problem.”

As stated previously, the only ones with such an rgument were Vereesa who had been with her children, but even then she admitted she would have gone home.

So you’re saying

Because a small group had issues with Anasterians decisions, it makes perfect sense for them to stand on the sideline and say its okay if my entire race gets genocided by an undead horde . <_<

:heart:

Only to be fabulous.

1 Like

I tend to be a trendsetter.

2 Likes

I consider void elves to be the ultimate heresy.

The church is furious.

1 Like

Not exactly, but if they don’t consider Silvermoon their home anymore
 Maybe? Calling them traitors to their race is an appeal to authority, which isn’t valid if these specific High Elves don’t believe in the authority in which you’re citing. If they’ve made a home somewhere else and no longer consider Anasterian their leader, then he’s not their leader and that isn’t their home

If a German citizen living in the United States didn’t return to Germany during WW1 to fight for their homeland, are they traitors because Germany lost the war?

This is an assumption though. It doesn’t help this particular case when we see High Elves declare that they still see Silvermoon as their true home, or that they still consider themselves children of Quel’thalas (Vereesa and Auric, respectively). As to our knowledge, most High Elves don’t rejoin their kin purely because they hate the Horde. Not because they hate the Blood Elves, and not because they have extreme love for the Alliance. Truth is, we just don’t know

It makes sense in Vereesa’s case that she wouldn’t go home though, she’d probably put her children through hell by bringing them to Silvermoon. Humans are generally the most tolerant of Half Elves
 At least we can safely assume so

Should High Elves become playable or receive any future narrative, this must be expanded upon

2 Likes

I would need to disagree with the real lif example, primarily because there wasn’t a giant blazing beam of light that provided a huge amount of arcane power, that was then corrupted and began killing the entire race until Kael’thas blew it up.

Oh, and then AFTER blowing it up, knowing full well that your race is on the verge of extinction and not responding
 until WotLK where you became upset they joined the Horde that helped them in their time of need.

The high elf story just feels very forced, contrived, and nonsensical. Even from the most cruel point of view, preservation of the self would come before any issues you had with a now dead leadr.

If they don’t consider Silvermoon their home anymore why are they so obsessed with it? Why do they go on pilgrimages to the Sunwell?

They would be if they were first generation and Germany was being wiped out by a mindless horde of the undead.

Definitely a simple comparison, but we just don’t know why the High Elves did what they did. The Blood Elves sure don’t see them as traitors to their race though, I feel like that’s a conclusion that’s being jumped to with our lack of info. It’s not as though we’ve seen any of them explain themselves

High Elves were meant to be nothing more than a somewhat minor NPC faction, after all. Blizz didn’t (and doesn’t) give them much thought

1 Like

I agree on this point. They are very much like the fog sail humans. They are there mostly to further the plot, not be an accessory to it.
I say we should take them all, convert them under the void, and then drop them in the church of light to see what happens.

1 Like
1 Like

See I was with you until the end there lol

Unless we did that with all Void Elves?

My point is that if they didn’t heed the call of their motherland when it needed them, I’m sure they had reasons. I doubt it’s cowardice due to how eager the SC can be when it comes to fighting

I like seeing things explode. I can sacrifice this toon for the greater good.

1 Like

There’s no reason to think that. The Silver Covenant was willing to engage in an ethnic cleansing, none of the other high elf factions have shown themselves to be willing to go to war for the Alliance.

They are not good people. Brave people don’t kill shop keepers huddling in their homes.

Fighting equal forces or cornered civilians. Not the Scourge on a full warpath. The blood elves, like the rest of the Horde, have fought while massively outnumbered and come through entirely off the back of bde.

That requires a different focus on utilizing them better as well.

They could, but the problem was the payoff and its reception. Both of them not well off.

You mean, what they have done before for a number of characters before in books and in game?

Sure, it would work
but the problem is its far to late since the pay-off for their role in factions would be four expansions to late. I mean hey
it technically worked for the worgen if you like have Genn shoved in your face as the token worgen rep.

How is it an excuse when a majority of the pandaren focus and lore is on the neutral mainland Pandaren when there is very very little development/story for the Huojin/Tushui is very telling.

Saying that Blizz can write the story whenever when the Pandaren are so far removed from the plot and saying “neutrality is an excuse” is just being contrarian.

Probably because one was warchief and one was just reintroduced into WoW in the previous expansion. Its not like its been seven years since either Sylvanas was made warchief or Alleria showed up in WoW when they made the comic either.

Thats just blatant false equivalence. Comparing two characters who have barely received any story outside of their starting zone to A MAIN CHARACTER is rather stupid on your end.

This is like you being surprised that in Before the Storm that both Anduin and Sylvanas are present and focused on

1 Like

Gotta say Helfers, I’m having a potential change of heart on the population issue. The reason? Vulpera.

We encounter a small number of the little foxy critters in Voldun, their encampment is a few wagons, and yet we’re going to be able to play them. It’s making me rethink that population is actually a roadblock to playable High Elves.

While I STILL don’t think they’ll do it given they look too much like a Horde race (ie: faction silhouette), I’m hereby renouncing my population argument against them.

2 Likes

The population argument died when Void Elves were created.

7 Likes

Meh, population is a case by case basis and shouldn’t be used for any serious argument.
Belves are high elves, hence, they are playable, hence, nothing for the alliance.