The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

Is there more to that than the one Q&A where he made the joke that was basically ā€œPut your feedback on the forums, weā€™d love to know what you think. Itā€™s high elvesā€

I donā€™t think thatā€™s the first time theyā€™ve acknowledged itā€™s the number one request. But itā€™s time for me to sleep.

Thanks for picking up the citation though. Also, yeah, heā€™s making a joke that he knows what the biggest request will be, but that doesnā€™t invalidate it so Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re trying to say there.

1 Like

Well, not quite a citation of anything other than how loud the request is.

1 Like

theyve never acknowledged it as a number one request

polls if anything prove that high elf fans flock to these polls like crows to carrion and that internet polls are a piss poor way of deciding anything

1 Like

That video is before Ionā€™s Q&A in April. (The one before that was largely ignored.) and so it was before the request got loud.

2 Likes

Itā€™s been loud for years.

He cracked a joke, I donā€™t think itā€™s a sign that the request is anything other than contentious.

Besides, it was a dev statement, and we all know how much you trust those.

3 Likes

Itā€™s acknowledgement that itā€™s the most requested race. Which was the point of the original post.

1 Like

Nope.

It implies that itā€™s one of the most requested races, but itā€™s not a confirmation of anything concrete.

2 Likes

You brought up what the devs have said. I responded. Itā€™s funny to see you try and dodge when your ā€˜argumentā€™ gets smashed.

3 Likes

the request isnt loud at all. its just the length and number of the threads creating the illusion of numbers and a mass movement where none really exists. what are we 15 regulars here?

always remember, the vast majority of people do not visit forums to express their opinion. only the most passionate on a topic will care to comment. none of us are representative of anything :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I am.

I represent the church of being fabulous.

1 Like

I donā€™t know, I think Iā€™ve decided that Iā€™ll take my turn speaking for the Alliance. The Alliance says, ā€œNo!ā€ to playable Alliance high elves.

2 Likes

I think Playable High Elves and developing their story would even help give the Blood Elf story the jolt it desperately needs. I mean, some people in the thread refer to them as ā€œrace traitorsā€ and people who ā€œabandoned Silvermoon,ā€ an ignition of tension between the Elves who stood by Silvermoon vs. the Elves who stood by the Alliance would make for an interesting subplot

8 Likes

it was a joke. just a joke. nothing more than a joke. an acknowledgement of forum spam

void elves fill that role now. if you want to play a high elf, then roll a blood elf. they ARE high elves

I really donā€™t see how having people that abandoned their own, and sat on their rears for decades while those of them that actually honored their fallen and fought for their survival instead of depending on someone elseā€¦ those people becoming autonomous enough to become murder hobos, will hell the story of the blood elves at all.

If anything it just says ā€œhey, why did you bother getting things fixed? You could have hidden behind the humans and suceed regardless like usā€.

Oh well, I guess the golden eyed blood elves are good then?

Oh hey, is this weird obsession with some non-existant ā€œpurityā€ again.

So whatā€™s up with all the people pushing the usual hot buttons that have suddenly decided to join the topic in the last 24 hours and all have single digit post counts?

Arenā€™t Blood Elves addicted to bloodthistle while High Elves are not?

1 Like

You know Blood Elves are technically pure High Elves. The Fel, yeah, the green eyes isnā€™t a sign of Fel corruption, but infact, the radiation effects of the Fel.