The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Sounds like a lore train wreck, but makes sense in terms of player model sympathies

1 Like

Sort of like blood elves deciding that they’re willing to fight and kill other blood elves on the behalf of the Alliance?

Do Pandaren never kill other Pandaren?

It doesn’t help that High Elves are even more separate from Blood Elves than Pandaren, yet they are split. Like I have said about a million times
 Blizz has shot themselves in the foot many times going down the road that they have if they want players to actually feel satisfied with their choices.

3 Likes

Well in that situation choosing to play one on the Alliance would (probably) mean playing as one that never left the Alliance and hates the Horde. Fighting other Blood Elves would just be fighting more Horde to them

I assume they do and it’s part of what makes pandaren such a dumpster fire of writing.

So we’re adding a fairly sizeable retcon that a fair number of blood elves never left the Alliance?

This is correct.

Many High Elves have not and will never align with themselves with BEs.

Well 2bf, BFA has been one expansion sized retcon for sylvanas spanning all the way back to Wrath, so I wouldn’t be shocked if they made this a retcon.

Yeah, we’re talking about neutral blood elves, though.

There was enough Quel’dorei that did not become Sin’dorei for the game to keep active and participating in the story. (imho)

1 Like

That’s an opinion. Wait until Horde and Alliance are at it again and Baine either has to team up with the Alliance or go back to war with them. Thrall too. That should be a hoot.

They could write for the Pandaren if they actually wanted to, but they don’t and then players use the lazy excuse of “well, they are neutral and there’s no way Blizz could write for them”.

1 Like

The power of killing off Horde characters is powerful and mysterious.

Explain to me how two factions of the same group whose entire difference is schools of philosophy, don’t seem to have any beef to the point their leaders are pretty obviously knocking whatever the kung fu panda version of boots and come from a society that abhors the faction conflict could descend into a brutal civil war where they murder each other to acquire a new set of gloves.

I’m assuming High Elves as a copy/paste become an allied race, in which choosing to play one means that we play as a Silver Covenant elf. Effectively making non-voided Thalassians neutral in a sense

Still not my first idea, Half Elves genuinely excite me more now

Light goat women, or ultra light?

Red goat women.

3 Likes

Deal, you guys can have them, and we will get high elves!

(Now to wait for Murgy to come and hit me with the best high elf gif)

3 Likes

ez pz lemon squeezy

2 Likes

I think for most people this idea would leave a somewhat bad taste. Plus it leaves the racials as the same for both sides.

If we’re dealing with High Elves and Blood Elves, then the High Elves wouldn’t really make sense having Arcane torrent. Its a thing Rommath brought back from outland and is one of the ideological differences between most High and blood Elves. The willingness to draw magic using that method.

Well, if we have to have a neutral alliance race
 :thinking: What about humans?

Yes, Blood Elves ARE the most popular Horde race. That and Undead in Classic. I am sure Blizzard could come up with a story of why some humans are horde.

The horde doesn’t need more human potential in it’s ranks.

I don’t even use Arcane Torrent. I have it. I tried it, but
 I don’t see much value with it. My favorite is PAIN. and I use it the most and shield and Flash heal.