The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

And that’s one really good reason not to just leave those tags lying around. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah sorry about that, mum’s just as embarrassed as anyone about it.

2 Likes

As well as she should be.

Well you should have known better than anyone how mad mum gets when people say DH is a three button spec.

2 Likes

The reason Leinadh brought it up, is because you spent about 16-hours stating that “Thalassian” wasn’t ever utilized as a denomyn, anywhere.

But, yeah, “okay”. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Same here. I don’t like giving mine out for that reason.

2 Likes

I was replying to:

I don’t understand how your post is a reply to what I said.

1 Like

Oh god not this again.

The argument was that Thalassian wasn’t the only demonym.

Besides which, many of those items are named for Quel’thalas, not for elves. Tell me, what makes more sense “Warhorse from Quel’thalas” or “Elven warhorse”? I can’t imagine there’s any “Human horses” in the game.

1 Like

It’s certainly the only demonym they use to refer to their own ethnicity, in-universe. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thank god the universe isn’t so narrow as to be confined to that, eh? :woman_shrugging:

According to you.

According to in-universe history, not a single Blood Elf has ever referred to themselves or their broader ethnicity as “High Elf”. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

We’re forced to talk about what is possible, in these threads, based on what we’ve seen.

So the most commonly overlooked thing about these threads is that the developers can create content. The Nightborne didn’t exist, and then they did, the Void Elves didn’t exist and then they did. Mag’har orcs are plucked from a completely separate timeline.

I think the High Elves joining the Void Elves really dilutes the Void Elves personally

and like I said, we can argue in circles here for two years and Blizzard can just add an Island off of Kul’tiras with a bunch of High Elves on it.

If I was making the call as a developer, I wouldn’t do it. Adding an Allied Race High Elf group is another rep to grind, more time played and rep gating them keeps them from being overly pervasive.

We’re obviously limited because they can essentially make up anything, so we just argue in circles here in the meantime because we can also make up anything, but the stuff we make up doesn’t matter.

1 Like

I assume then you don’t regard Dev QnAs as canon? :woman_shrugging:

Is this like a groundhog day thing that we’re all stuck in or something?

Of course not.

Groundhog day was funny.

1 Like

Is Bill Murray unionising the workers? What a comrade.

1 Like

I absolutely do, unless it’s contradicted by the content of all 7 (and soon, 8) expansions.

In this case, Ion can refer to Blood Elves however he wants – the people who are paid to work on the narrative, exclusively, haven’t indicated in the ~12 years since BE’s were introduced that even a single individual has ever referred to their ethnicity as “High Elf”.

If that hurts your feelings, well, that’s a you problem. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

So then out of universe stuff matters.

Please point to one piece of in-universe instance of someone explicitly stating that blood elves aren’t biologically high elves.

And not saying that they are or aren’t isn’t saying that they aren’t, it’s saying nothing. It’s a neutral statement.

You double guessing Ion and Metzen because it doesn’t suit your agenda isn’t really a me problem. Be wrong all you like. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Please point to one instance whereby I’ve claimed they weren’t biologically the same species? (Hint: There isn’t one, but by all means, have a look around.)

The argument isn’t that they’re not the same species, the argument is that they don’t refer to their species as “High Elf”, but as “Thalassian”.

2 Likes