The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

Agreed.

This is why previous threads (specifically the Megathreads) were created with the intent being that people would discuss potential narrative directions that might explain physiological adjustments that would shift HEā€™s further away from BEā€™s ā€“ we, as in you and I specifically, have had discussions on this in the past.

To the discussion of should playable High Elves be added? No.
To the discussion of in what ways could playable High Elves become more unique? Yes.

Yes we have, and I typically enjoy conversations with you. To me, Void Elves were the Golden Opportunity Blizzard let slip away. It would have been so easy, so logical, and so consistent with what was going on in the game at the timeā€¦but no, they looked at all the options for Void Elves and apparently said ā€œRank these from 1-10ā€ to their team then took the lowest ranking solution and ran with it.

2 Likes

Soā€¦nothing. Thanks for clarifying.

Are you surprised?
Ever since WOD their work has been lazy in terms of design and lore/

1 Like

Agreed as bolded. As long as there are civil discussions and no meme spams. But also, the other folks who disagree should also accept and agree that pros make new threads because the WoW forum system has weird lock system that renews 24 hours lock, and just want a place for them to discuss on.

1 Like

As well as they should. Otherwise it gets out of hand.

Mega threads are important for this.

3 Likes

ā€œPublic Forumsā€

Why do they exist if all sort of topics get there both of those who agree and those who disagree. Whether you like it or not.

If people are not allowed to disagree with adding a Horde race to the Alliance, then why should people have the right to create a thread like this?

Youā€™re free to make whatever commentary youā€™d like, about whatever issue(s) youā€™d like; and Iā€™m free to disregard them, or consider them as pot-stirring. :man_shrugging:

America, ainā€™t it great?

Personally I just get tired of certain arguments so I stop bothering with responses, well I try to.

6 Likes

I can never get tired of your beautiful smiling face everyday, Avarie.

4 Likes

She is just trying to distract. If she has nothing to contribute other things can be discussed.

Aww thatā€™s sweet of you!

3 Likes

Aw, shucks.

2 Likes

soā€¦ IF they did add High Elves to the Alliance as a separate raceā€¦

What racials do you think theyā€™d get? I kinda doubt theyā€™d just do a copy paste blood elf, since the Arcane Torrent is based off the Rommath method of mana drawingā€¦

Thoughts?

Some people have had great ideas for racials, I am trying to remember them fully.

I think it depends on the circumstance(s) of their implementation.

As an example, and presuming that playable HEā€™s were inspired by the Silver Covenant, youā€™d almost certainly expect some Dalaran-esque racial abilities. An ability that lets you levitate, for instance, or perhaps even an ability to summon people (that requires the same number of people as Summoning Stones). :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

What have you all seen for passive racial?

I havenā€™t given it any thought, and so couldnā€™t really be specific ā€“ but, in this scenario, it would be best to design racial abilities that allude to the social, cultural, political, and circumstantial differences that exist between BEā€™s and HEā€™s.

These two points would basically be known variables:

• The HEā€™s arenā€™t prone to excesses, as many BEā€™s were/are, and so things that are even remotely similar to Mana Tap or Arcane Torrent are absolutely off the table.

• There will probably be a +1% Secondary Stat and +1% Resistance, as most every race has these.

It could be mildly interesting to see profession-based racials be reworked, for all races, and made much more lucrative. The BEā€™s already have a +10 Enchanting racial, but maybe it could be reworked into something like this:

BE Enchanting Racial:
ā€œYou have a 10% chance, when creating an enchant, for the materials to be refunded.ā€

HE Enchanting Racial:
ā€œYou have a 10% chance, when disenchanting, to receive double the crafting materials.ā€

1 Like

You two are too cute. :heart:

3 Likes

Stop, I can only take so much.

3 Likes