The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Do you think Ion gave a honest answer when he said if you want to play a High Elf Play Horde, why did he say it. Knowing the question was about A High Elf and Not a Sin’dorei. Also why would he give a answer like that knowing the lore.

How are they not?

Blood elves and high elves aren’t a different race. They’re thalassian elves.

Do you mean politically? Idealogically?

1 Like

He might be tired of hearing about the topic.

1 Like

There’s no real need to “prove” that, I’m candid about it.

I’m unashamed about my lack of interest in discussing whether or not playable High Elves are justifiable. They exist, they’re justified. Fullstop.

But it is his job to listen??

He doesn’t work in pr, no it’s not.

I suspect this is true. He’ll instantly change tune if they ever decide to give high elves to alliance even if it’s cosmetic for void elves.

Then why haven’t they been made playable when there’s been a multitude of opportunities to make them playable if they were “justified”.

Blood Elves are High Elves.
Dev word > Your word.

They also will never be playable on the Alliance, because they are playable on the Horde.
You gotta do like Callistus and roll a red boi if you want to play a High Elf.

Yes, he gave an honest answer.
Why? He is a dev. The way they view the game is different from how you are viewing it.
He is viewing it from game design.
You are viewing it from lore.
Lore comes after the fact, not before.

Is this the written version of “la la la I can’t hear you?”
If they were justified they’d be playable.
They aren’t, havent been since 2004, so clearly they aren’t justified.
The devs don’t think so either.

3 Likes

Well. The High Elves are from a bunch of different groups. Most of them are different culturally because of that in the first place. Like, The Dalaran High Elves are Dalaran High Elves.

In “In the Shadow of the Sun” Lor’themar’s gotta let the Sunreavers join Dalaran because they’re going to do it whether he approves or not. So he does it so he doesn’t bleed mages.

Quel’danil High Elves hang out with Dwarves. That’s weird.

Quel’lithien was full of High Elves who refused to drain mana. But that lodge got wiped out. Though, the WoW encyclopedia says that High Elves were joining the Alliance and Kris Goldenlight is running around. So it’s not like they’re 100% murdered.

The Allerian Hold Elves are probably the closest to a traditional High Elf.

But it’s the Blood Elves who changed. The Blood Knights, Scryers and Reliquary are all new institutions. The only thing they’ve mostly shed is Blood Mages who we haven’t heard from.

And those are some massive cultural changes.

Keep in mind it’s a videogame about murdering folks. So when you say their culture hasn’t changed you can’t request changes that aren’t represented anywhere in World of Warcraft. World of Warcraft has like
 two canon songs. The one Sylvanas sings and whatever Elite Tauren Chieftain plays

So you’ve gotta keep the medium in mind.

In the same way that “Blood Elves are High Elves” is only a half-truth, “Blood Elves aren’t High Elves” is a half-truth.

Me sad when pretty rabbit ladies are up so high, me can’t see them :cry:

2 Likes

Let’s be real the Anima magic they got from ToT is pretty much Blood Magic and we’ve seen them using it in an Assault.

1 Like

Have you considered that they have listened? To all the various takes on the topic, and then they went and acted on what they felt would be best for their game. Just because you don’t get the answer you want does not mean you have not been heard.

3 Likes

Were you addressing me, above?

Strictly speaking void elves are only politically different as well
 They did get mutated a bit but fundamentally their ideals are still the same.

I didn’t really ask your opinion, since your so combative and illwilled towards people.

4 Likes

Well I mean it’s a public forum, you have to accept people will respond to your posts.

1 Like

They’re not a different species or mutation. High elves just don’t use Rommaths way of pulling mana from things

Actually there is a group of people who chase me down and insults me specifically all the time. I can think of three off the top of my head. It’s pretty frequent.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t care. People have got to have a doctorate for me to give a crap about what they think of me.

Also moderation has stepped in before.

but I’m talking about other posters. I can think of a few people who step away because they get tired of being constantly trolled.

If you don’t notice that there is a disproportionate amount of trollish behavior that rolls through these threads then you’re being insincere

and again
 it’s no skin off my back. But I see it effect other posters.

3 Likes