The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

In that case I’m happy to hear that. lol!

Some people can’t handle the fact that I need to be a pretty boy elf on both factions.

They burned my village and ate my children.

1 Like

Villains, all of them!

I’m sure the void made them do it.

It’s true.

Just like I need to be at least two types of pretty elves on both sides but void elves don’t do it for me so I need high elves.

If the Silver Covenant ever had a reason to distance itself from the Alliance, there it is.

You’re toon which you post as is a pretty elf.

Theres a fair few High Elves in Telegorous Rift. Perhaps the Silver Covenant just has a lot of their folk learning to be Voidies.

Who let you out of the closet again?

One day.

I’m surprised they haven’t considering they had ample opportunities to join but some mystical higher power ignored them

Ok, seems to me I have a tie vote. However I have to give the nod to Ms Fabulous quoting that line.

Jumping into the Deadpool. Later.

1 Like

Yes, that’s why I said two types. High, and night. Horde side I have two types, blood and nightborne.

Maybe the issues stated by ‘antis’ and repeated by Blizzard pose a significant barrier.

I meant to vote for Deadpool earlier but got caught up in pointless nonsense regarding another user.

1 Like

I vote for Deadpool.

1 Like

I blame Alleria.

1 Like

Except that wasn’t his point, as evidenced by his previous 30+ posts wherein it is made exceedingly clear that his usage of the term “High Elf” is reserved exclusively for those Thalassians that had maintained relations with the Alliance even when Quel’thalas didn’t.

As his assertion wasn’t that the Alliance didn’t have biological Thalassians, but that the Alliance wasn’t able to play as the aforementioned Thalassians that maintained relations with the Alliance even when Quel’thalas didn’t, you didn’t actually “correct” anything – all you did was insert a largely unrelated factoid.

You’re absolutely free to define the circumstance(s) however you see fit, even if that manifests in the form of misleading one-liners; but I’m also free to describe your assertion(s) as being decidedly ignorant of both a) the intended meaning of employed terminology, and b) the realities and circumstance(s) of the narrative. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

The whole entire argument with High Elves is that people want to blur the factions line with making the same race playable on both factions. Even if 1 group calls themself different.

There is several problems here: (Once again, quoted from the “Why High Elves won’t work thread”)

2: "Blizzard did Pandaren for both sides, they can do Blood/High Elves on both sides! How could it dilute faction identity more than Pandaren?"

I’m going to go ahead and say most people asking for High Elves don’t play Pandaren. Why? Because they represent the lowest number of players within their own faction out of ALL races. Last number estimates show about 2.5%, per faction. Combined across all of WoW, roughly 1 in 20 plays a Pandaren, whereas Blood Elf numbers are the most populous among Horde races, having been roughly equal to Human numbers in Alliance for most of WoW since TBC.

Also, for or those that don’t know, Blizzard regrets doing Pandaren as a Neutral race, to the point that I can say we’ll likely never see another Neutral race. Since MoP, it’s basically impossible to write Pandaren lore now, because their forces are split faction, and we haven’t seen them do anything notable in WoW since MoP. Their identity is basically nothing.

3: "High Elves’ lore and history is rich enough to stand alone!"
Except any High Elf history is also Blood Elf history. High Elven buildings, tabards, crests, architecture, vehicles, weapon style, etc. is Blood Elven except painted blue. The only notable High Elven characters left are Alleria and Veressa, but Alleria now leads and represents the Void Elves going forward, leaving only Veressa. The two have been separate for only 30 or so years. Not nearly enough to diverge or have enough unique history.

6: "We can make High Elves different enough from Blood Elves! Look at all these tattoos and tribal motifs we made! Void Elves are not what we want!"

Re-imaging the High Elves to all look like extrapolations of some Warcraft 2-Era rangers isn’t solving the problem. The problem is that Blood elves are High Elves. The problem is that the fantasy of a traditional LOTR “High Elf” is a Blood Elf.

Blizzard hasn’t been deaf for all these years when Alliance ask for High Elves. It is NOT a secret, but they likely took a look at High Elves and agreed that they are just Blood Elves in fantasy, skin tone, hair color, origin, and feel, with the only difference to speak of visually being eye color.

So they made an attempt to see how they could spin and mix up a Thalassian elf enough to merit inclusion on the Alliance. They made a compromise. They gave it a prominent Thalassian leader with strong Alliance ties, and they provided it with a unique, flavorful aesthetic to set it apart from other races, most importantly their Blood Elf counterparts. In these areas, I think Void Elves were a success. They also currently number greater than any other Allied Race of either faction, so it sounds like most Alliance are enjoying them.

1 Like

But I did as I explained before. You getting offended by me correcting his mistake is your own problem.

Now how about you take my advice and let it go and join everyone else here. Or do you wanna spend several more hours writing a mile long post of nothingness again?

1 Like