The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

no

szechuan sauce :drooling_face:

Not sure if this applies given that they bleed purple, have tentacles, and are alluded to having no connection to the Sunwell.
The latter is the hallmark of the thallasian race.

We donā€™t use baby memes here.

They bleed blue? That just makes them less biologically High Elves.

Soā€¦ does that mean there are no high elves playable on the alliance? :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m kidding, while Iā€™d love SC High Elves or something like them, I do see Void Elves as neat and fairly close personally.

I agree with your point about Void Elves being a cheap copy and paste. I think that the Void Elves shouldā€™ve been given a proper storyline back in Legion. Perhaps the High Elves that were with Alleria started to use the void in the twisting nether to sustain themselves, and this gives more weight to the entire Void vs Light theme that Alleria and Turalyon represented. This also satisfies the High Elf supporters desire for playing the splinter group that were loyal to the Alliance before WC3 happened.

3 Likes

Well, Ion has said that Void Elves are actually another flavour of High Elf.

Keep in mind Ion is referring to game design, not lore.
Devs donā€™t give a care for lore unless its their area of expertise.

Not when your usage of the term ā€œHigh Elfā€ is specifically, and exclusively, referring to those Thalassians who are members of the Silver Covenant.

Iā€™m unsure what youā€™re not understanding about this. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

How are the sinuses, Avarie?

1 Like

Still attempting to kill me, but not as bad as this morning. Thanks for asking!

1 Like

Have you used a neti pot or something like one?

And youā€™re welcome :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s just being ignorant to the fact that there are indeed playable High Elves on the Alliance currently.

I understand everything perfectly. Youā€™re just being outraged for no reason.

1 Like

I said no dying.

Not getting into this - just replied to say ā€œhiā€ before walking out on the deck and looking at the harbor while I indulge in a little non-alcoholic intoxicant consumption and decide what movies to rattle the house with. :wink:

Thatā€™s been suggested but I am fairly sure Iā€™d drown myself if I tried.

Hey, Iā€™m still here! Iā€™ll be doing homework all night.

1 Like

You need to trust me on thisā€¦warm salt water through one of those or something like it and youā€™ll a) not drown and b) thank me later.

1 Like

That tree of yours wont grow back if youā€™re doing homework.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no outrage.

You responded to someone who stated that the Alliance still doesnā€™t have playable High Elves (by which he meant those Thalassians who remained aligned with the Alliance, even while Quelā€™thalas retreated into itself and then adjoined itself to the Horde), by positing that Void Elves are a type of High Elf.

It isnā€™t wrong, because biologically-speaking VEā€™s are a type of HE; but in order to posit such a statement, with a straight-face, you have to intentional ignore all of the nuance and circumstance that 15+ years of narrative development has bestowed upon us ā€“ and, since youā€™re into painting half a picture for the casual forum goer, Iā€™ll be here for a while to paint the other half youā€™d just as soon see them remain ignorant of. :man_shrugging:

1 Like