The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

I donā€™t need one, but Iā€™ll take one :blush:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Hey now, not all prosā€¦ I may get defensive of some ideas but certainly do not attack anyone.

Some both sides have guilty members in their party of ā€œattacksā€ if you wanna call it that. But Iā€™ll just leave it be.

The Warcraft Encyclopedia/High Elves

Prince Kaelā€™thas returned home and rallied all the survivors he could find: approximately 90% of the surviving high elves. He declared that these survivors would now bear a new nameā€“the [ blood elves ] in honor of their fallen people. The blood elves no longer consider themselves high elves, and they have different priorities and behaviors than their high elf kindred.

Sinā€™dorei

Theyā€™re still high elves, they are still that race. So they are indeed playable.

Sorry, gotta correct myself: Some Proā€™s.

Hey man, they are still High Elves. No matter how many times you rename a cup to plate, it is still a cup.

Renamed High elves.

Blood Elves who are High Elves named this way to Honor the fallen.

Yup agree,

As someone said earlier in the threadā€¦

1 Like

Done to honor the dead, they are still the race they were before the name change. So they are very much playable high elves.

1 Like

Oh where is my hug? D:

The Oneā€™s that didnt follow, didnt rename, the remaining 10%, still call High elves, and some are in the Alliance and some are Silver Covenant and some out in the wow world.

Their race is still playable, however, and as such the request is not a good one.

You donā€™t have anything funny in your pocket do you?

And the vast majority make up the Hordeā€™s most popular playable race.

Pure speculation here, but I doubt any of the remaining High Elves would have had issue with the blood elf name. But itā€™s the fact that the main group of Blood elves went off to waltz around with the horde is what keeps them from thatā€¦ could be head cannon, but no evidence of them not caring about Their fallen kin besides the name adoption.

Your Sinā€™dorei are playable, The Oneā€™s in the Alliance, Silver Covenant, out in the world not playable to alliance community.

1 Like

As the thing the devs have been getting at:

To reiterate Ionā€™s main points of reasoning for why High Elves werenā€™t going to work, taken from the two live interviews:
-Too similar to Blood Elf in aesthetic (Fair-skinned, tall, majestic, blond-haired)
-Blurs the lines between the factions (Both visually, and by population numbers)
-No clear idea of who/what High Elves are as a larger faction (Splintered groups)
-No hub where High Elves would pull from (Sort of related to the above point)