The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

I don’t know who the traitors were but it would make for good dungeons to show us the past of events such as that

1 Like

The high elves.

You mean because they sent a token force instead of a sizeable one when the Alliance were attacked?

1 Like

Because they didn’t help reclaim Quel’thalas.

The thing is that the SC didn’t even form until after the council of Six (which included Aethas Sunreaver), moved the city to Northrend. But it would be interesting to see the aloof association between the High elves and the Humans.

Sadly, covering WC 1 and 2 wouldn’t even cut it, we’re talking about something that was going for centuries and then long before the first Orcish Horde invasion happened.

The real question is which piece of lore on the Sunreavers and how old they are is correct.

Could you elaborate if possible?

Ouch. It makes me feel even more bad that such potential to retell world changing events has been wasted. Think of the amount of great lore which was present even before the Horde invasion lmao

1 Like

Dont worry guys, all you have to do is:

1. join a RP realm
  2. go to the character creation menu, choose a blood elf, choose the blue eye option from 9.0
  3. make your lil rp description as high elf
  4. ??? Profit!

“If you want a fair skinned blue eyed elf the horde is there waiting for you” - Ion Hazzikostas

1 Like

The modern high elves are the only group of Thalassian elves that didn’t return to Quel’thalas to reclaim their homeland in the wake of the fall of Silvermoon.

Even many if not most Dalaranian elves returned.

Actually I’m not sure. Aethas was a member of the council of six, and he offered help in the name of Quel’thalas and I think that’s when the SC was formed and then the Sunreavers?

Either way, the whole tantrum by Ms. Armcandy could have resulted in Dalaran losing a lot of firepower, significant firepower, but well, I guess such a blunder it’s expected from her.

There’s a lot to cover from before WC1, and that’s not even counting the whole forming of the planet and how the titans dealt with the Old Gods.

It is a shame we only see it in books, but at the same time, considering how much is there, I can’t really blame them.

Still, I hope some day we’ll get something related to the war of the Three Hammers
 I really want to know what was train of thought of the Wildhammers and the Bronzebeards to simply let Ragnaros be for 300 years after the Dark Irons summoned him.

Yeah that is true but are you talking about the fall during Arthas’ fight or when the Trolls almost razed the city?

1 Like

The original descriptor of the SC was being formed in response to the Sunreavers rejoining Dalaran.
So
she was pissed off the blood elves came back

Does it say specifically Sunreaver or Blood elves? Because I remember it as the latter, but I might be wrong, it just gives me that impression since Aethas as an individual was already part of the council.

See but during the Alliance version of the Purge questline Jaina describes the Sunreavers as “The very same Sunreavers who helped humans discover magic in the first place”.

I think it was the former, though I cannot be 100% sure.

Really now? I was not aware of this. That’s just
 huh.

I might need to process this one.

No I just checked, you’re right, it was made because the Sunreavers were already a thing.

But then that doesn’t make sense. if Aethas was already part of the council and that by default would it mean the Horde would be welcomed into the city, why form a faction of his own?

It feels that the other way around makes a little more sense.

The full line is from the quest The Fate of Dalaran where she’s deciding whether or not to go full ethnic cleansing mode.

1 Like

Well
 I really can’t say the word that followed that “well” after I was done reading that unless I want to get myself in trouble.

She knows this, she admits they’ve been loyal to the Kirin tor
 and still goes on with it.

Not sure if blizzard’s inconsistencies were taking over again or if they wanted to make her seem downright bipolar now.

I don’t get into RP
 only in the sense that I picked a nightelf as a sentinel
 but otherwise I don’t treat gameplay as such.

So for me it’s not a matter of role play at all, it’s not convincing to pick a blood elf and say it’s an “alliance High Elf.” If and when I play a Blood elf, I know specifically what it is and call it out as such.

Not knocking on anyone who RPs, i don’t get into it personally, but I know it helps others make the game more interesting for themselves, and enjoy it even more that way.

2 Likes

Not entirely true, The high elves in the Alliance expedition had no choice of return. In fact they were unaware of the happenings of Azeroth, unless they found out from the Iliidari. But I don’t think that has been explored.

1 Like