The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Daaw you shouldn’t have! Making a thread for the Nightborne and the Mage Night Elves and The Sin’dorei and Ren’dorei like this. I didn’t know you all cared :heart:

Please link one source of Nightborne or Highborne Night Elves being referred to as “High Elves”.

2 Likes

They call us Lowborn all the time. :stuck_out_tongue: They are the OG Highborne just a lil arcane-warped.

To be fair, Elisande called the High Elves “peasants playing at nobility”.

5 Likes

I doubt that’s accurate. There would have been highborne blood in the High Elf bloodline thus also the Thalassian elf bloodline in general. She probably just doesn’t like that we look all small and thin and weird.

What he said.

Also, as an aside, I kind of preferred the Blood Knights the way they were. It was an interesting subversion of Paladins being paragons of virtue and all the typical goody-two-shoes stuff. Now they’ve lost their edge

5 Likes

Please refer to me as she.

3 Likes

I was salty that the Blood Elves got cured in general
I liked being a drug addicted homeless person.

2 Likes

Whoops. Sorry.

Meh, the Blood Elves were definitely not homeless. You guys still had Silvermoon

3 Likes

I miss the BC Blood Elves too. An oldschool Blood Knight was my first character to level cap.

3 Likes

Nah that’s just cause I’m a PC.

My “home” is a rock in space.

At least I get to enjoy the Stormwind night life I guess?

3 Likes

I mean I like the Stormwind embassy much shadier than the Ogrimmar embassy which makes no sense since you’d think they’d prioritize shade and heat protection in a literal desert more than an already pretty cool forest.

Uhhh
they’ve always drawn their powers from the sunwell. The high elves included. This hasn’t changed.
Heck, if anything, it might be that the blood elves worship the light traditionally anddraw power from the sunwell.

1 Like

This thread still kicking? By my beard it’s hanging around as long as elves do. Have their ladies grown a decent beard yet? 
hic!

Yeah I feel like the Naaru sacrificing itself to save the Sunwell would’ve made some converts.

They didn’t draw the Light from the Sunwell before as the Sunwell wasn’t part Light until it was reignited.

And I doubt Blood Elves are currently part of the Church of the Holy Light, seeing as it’s an Alliance affiliated organization.

2 Likes

The Church of the Holy Light functions similar to the Cenarion Circle. I believe they are neutral, even though their origins stem from the Alliance. I believe the only ones who require drawing power from the sunwell to gain their light powers are their Paladins. Their priests and the like were drawing light from belief like others did previously.

I also believe Liadrin is a part of the Church of the Holy Light.

I don’t have a concrete source against this, however Wowpedia mentions in the Battle for Azeroth Section of the Knights of the Silver Hand article that:

During the Battle for Stromgarde, the soldiers under High Exarch Turalyon bear the banner of the Silver Hand, and plant Blessed Banners on the battlefield. They fight alongside several elite members of the Army of the Light. Turalyon scoffs at the idea of the Horde armies being led by a paladin, Lady Liadrin, questioning what has happened on Azeroth to allow this. He then claims he will take pleasure in enacting justice from a “misguided paladin of the Horde”.

The fact that they only employ Alliance races, fight for the Alliance against the Horde, and notably Liadrin and her Blood Knights as well as the Sunwalkers, seems to indicate that the Silver Hand has splintered once again.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Knights_of_the_Silver_Hand

The Silver Hand is a member organization of the Church of the Holy Light apparently, which could imply that the Church is no longer a neutral, united force as of Battle for Azeroth.

4 Likes

It is very well possible that they are no logner neutral, though it could be possible that the silver hand is in itself, choosing to pick sides.
I would like it if a bit more was fleshed out on the storylines, but it seems like Blizzard isn’t effective at developing these side stories.

1 Like