The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

youre literally using a couple portal keepers as justification for giving the alliance access to a horde race. why are there never any calls for grimtotem tauren or another cartel of goblins i wonder. the pro helfers just HAVE to have only one race and it just happens to be the pretty, pale skinned, super sexy elves(which are horde now) :smile:

1 Like

Fewer and fewer all the time.

Why is it always one or the other?

I’m sure many people choose the race over the faction. That doesn’t diminish those who don’t, or those who make that choice but aren’t happy with it.

The infamous Joyeuse is one such example. I myself only play Blood Elves on the Horde because it’s the only Horde race I enjoy playing.

1 Like

I’ve been trying his thing where I actually talk through my points with people rather than be a condescending jerk but it’s not easy when you employ fallacious argumentations like reductive reasoning then make fun of people with it.

1 Like

On the forums? Yes it’s been two years after all and the point has been made. These discussions are just 4fun at this point. The fruits of this particular argument won’t be known til SL at the least.

1 Like

Relax, she’s just doing the best she can to understand them.

Calling this https://ibb.co/album/k5qErF a couple of portal keepers is reductive, unfortunately.

3 Likes

Yeah, no, the point went over your head.
The argument you are making is a dumb one because it can go both ways.
They can.
They also can not do so.
It is dual edged and because of this it is a self defeating one

Otherwise it makes argument about lore not matter.
So if the lore matters, then you want consistency.
If they can just write whatever they want, then the lore doesn’t matter and you shouldn’t bring it up.

Oh no. What I like about the game is that they take tropes and put a unique twist on them. Alliance high elves are just a trope. I want to keep WoW great. No more Alliance high elves. Give them a Wonka tour, some of that meal in a gum.

1 Like

Um
 it’s not dumb.

People such as myself argue that it could happen. Others argue that it can’t happen.

The former is a statement of possibility in the affirmation. I want it to happen because I know it COULD happen.

The latter is a statement of complete and absolute refutation. It can’t ever happen.

Tell me which one goes against what you said and which one doesn’t.

1 Like

can someone show me a high elf district in stormwind? no? there isnt one? can anyone find a high elf organization at least in stormwind that are on the stormwind faction, NOT SC and NOT kirin tor

1 Like

Ok. That’s your opinion and I respect it.

Even more. I can understand it.

I wouldn’t be opposed to other cool innovations on the Alliance. Such requests aren’t mutually exclusive. Bring on the Furbolg, the Sethrak, the Ankoan.

I personally want to see a lot of the more glaringly absent groups brought in first. Blizzard is making me happy with the inclusion of Wildhammer and Forest Trolls (although I was hoping for the ripped hulk versions but that’s fine I guess).

Maybe Blood Elves will get Undead High Elf customization. That would be awesome yea?

1 Like

Its dumb because it is essentially the equivalent of saying “so what?”.
You can’t say so what if the lore is what you originally brought up in the first place. It means you are dismissing the base argument you brought up to support your view which doesnt work well.

I used it can not because I wanted to keep the same nice phrase cause it appealed to me.
Just as they can choose to do so, they can choose not to do it to keep their lore consistent. It is dual sided and doesn’t work, and is something that leads to no proper conclusion.

Edit: I’ll refrain from posting for a bit. You’re having to respond to two other people so I’ll wait my turn.

3 Likes

Those are all from different expansions, different points in time. A lot of them probably died in their respective conflicts or were returned to Silvermoon. Many of them are unnamed or are just part of an event and not meant to be in the actual game world. Others aren’t necessarily Alliance aligned. It’s hard to know what going on because as our toons travel the world, they time travel. Let the devs clear it up for you.

3 Likes

I like how that list includes a few blood elves in it.
And the Alliance hostile high elves.
And starts out with the quite lore important T-shirt Enthusiast.

1 Like

No it’s not dumb, Itlatn.

It’s the entire premise of theorycrafting the possible. You are refuting any notion of additional context and are making it seem like it goes against the lore.

By your argument, Void Elves shouldn’t exist because Void experimentation didn’t exist before a magic wand was waved and it came into fruition.

Hell the entire Draenei/Blood Elf retcon wouldn’t exist.

1 Like

tbf i would count caldera dawnbreeze in sw keep and the 2 in BFA on the airship

i half expected to see bronze dragons at the 15th anniversary event

cant wait til next expansion when all the departed high elves in shadowlands are 'alliance aligned ’ high elves

Those aren’t Alliance hostile. They’re taken from a Horde player.

Where are the Blood Elves?

1 Like

Not game mechanics hostile, story hostile. You know, Capt. Brightsun of the give the horde quests to kill alliance forces in Ratchet fame.

Lanesh the Steelweaver and I believe Rachele in Dalaran are both Blood elves

1 Like

Oh haha he’s actually friendly to the Alliance as well.

I agree though he shouldn’t be on this list as he’s a pirate on his own.

Edit: Rachele is a High Elf
 Lanesh also shouldn’t be on this list yes. He’s aligned with the Horde, similar to how Vereesa is aligned with the Alliance as a Blood Elf.

I actually appreciate this instance of interfactional heterogeneity as it makes the conflict a lot more realistic. I can’t imagine ALL Blood Elves are Horde and ALL High Elves are Alliance. That’s far too rigid.

1 Like