The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Thousands of examples of cultural integration throughout human history would like a word with you :wink:

1 Like

That is because the ONLY dofference they have is a political, a social one.
Their cultural practices are the same.

30 WoW years of a fictional video game race would like a word with you.

They are the same race. That is never in doubt. They are from the same families.

2 Likes

But this is the argument I made before. They’ve been depicted so many times in an intraracial conflict with the Blood Elves yet still aren’t playable for some reason.

1 Like

But they aren’t, and as an alternative, it doesn’t really matter in the end because Blizzard can create additional context as it sees fit.

An example is
 the Void Elves. They didn’t exist. Now they do.

As I’ve brought up, Blizzard can direct them in any way they wish, so this particular line of discussion has been academic only.

1 Like

Yes, why blizzard would do an arbitrary model change to make the same Horde race playable for Alliance? See why we got the ren’dorei. We are mutated blood elves. And the Alleria’s lore goes on.

I mean I’m a firm believer in far looser customization. The WoW character creator is quite sad. I also think the game should represent the whole breadth of political diversity that exists in the game. I should be able to be an Undead Human on the Alliance. Why are they all forced on the Horde?

Well the reason is purely meta. It’s just for gameplay reasons. Arbitrary limitations, much like class choices for a race. Why can’t Blood Elves be druids? We’ve seen them before.

In this particular case, I would agree with you if we were promised only one take per race. But I would think that would be quite limited even still.

For now we have no confirmation on whether we’ll only get 2.0s
 based on what we’ve seen they’ve broken another rule and are releasing 1.2s of the existing races (the 1.1 being the first major update).

Maybe we’ll get 3.0s. I’d say High Elves are a prime candidate. So are Undead High Elves. So are Undead Night Elves. The list goes on.

2 Likes

we play a game of two factions, and that game is strongest when those two factions are as distinct as possible. yet players such as yourself cannot accept the story has moved on, has progressed. that the light skinned elves are on the horde

if you wanted an honest argument you would be asking for the factions to be dissolved

but no you just want the hordes most attractive race without having to group with orcs and trolls. so glad development sees through you guys

I hate that argument.
“Well blizzard can change it so its different”, but they can also not do so.

If they do, then you get void elves.
If they dont, you get blood elves.
High elves dont give anything thematically those two groups dont provide already.
It is a wasted investment.

Why do you cite skin color as such a major point of differentiation?

1 Like

Well, the game was made in 2004, and changing it from its previous model is really hard programming wise.

So its just taken a lot of time. Its gokd they got to it now. At the very least you can pretend to be what group you want to.play.

They are really working hard on fixing the character customization and character detail seen a few streamer youtube vids of them showing differences coming.

2 Likes

Because Blizzard still values faction identity. Alliance high elves are too similar to Blood Elves to cross the faction lines as a playable race and aren’t intended to be a formal group a playable race could be drawn from.

1 Like

I’m sorry that you hate it but they’ve employed this many, many times most recently by creating all the Kul Tiran lore as they saw fit, creating new Void Elf experimentation, inventing multiple new races including Mecha and Vulpera
 and as far as back as retconning Draenei and Blood Elves.

You don’t get to decide when the line is drawn, and the possibility exists as much as you want to deny it. The precedent is there.

1 Like

People want High Elves because they value faction identity, not despite it :slight_smile:

We agree then :wink:

2 Likes

Was that meant to be a trap? Clearly you don’t agree with either me or Blizzard. As you put it, for some reason they still aren’t playable. You don’t have to like the reasons, you can close your eyes and pretend they aren’t there, but they are there and they aren’t goin gaway. :man_shrugging::woman_shrugging::man_shrugging::woman_shrugging::man_shrugging::woman_shrugging::man_shrugging::woman_shrugging::man_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

Yeah I mean people in vanilla played Night Elves to pretend to be Blood Elves. Then in BC some pretended to be High Elves as Blood Elves. Now many pretend to be High Elves as Void Elves.

I’m one of them except I crafted my story in such a way that it brought the two together. My Void Elf priest is one of those former High Elf priests who was with the Alliance in Lordaeron and he never liked working with the Horde but he assisted his fellows in protecting Silvermoon anyway. After he got corrupted in exiled, he is embracing his past while living with his choices among Humans.

I mean I don’t RP in terms of conversation and actions but I do like to have backstories that shape my character’s choices and aesthetic. I mean he’s a Holy Void Elf priest lol

I like Void Elves I really do. I just think they shouldn’t be turned into budget High Elves. They should have their own story. Look at what happened to Night Elves when Blizzard tried the budget High Elf on the Alliance before :confused:

2 Likes

Relax. I’m not trying to trap you.

The point is that if people didn’t value faction identity they wouldn’t be asking for High Elves. To get very simplistic, if people didn’t care about all that makes a High Elf a High Elf, they’d play Blood Elves.

We play Void Elves because that’s the closest we can get, but the High Elf is just right there, tantalizingly out of reach :confused:

1 Like

This is a weird twist on it. They don’t value faction identity, they just chose race before faction.

To be clear you speak for yourself here. I am very happy with Void Elves and hope they soon absorb the remaining Alliance high elves.

1 Like