The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

can you or any pro helfer answer as to why would blizzard give the alliance void elves if they ever had any intention of giving the alliance high elves? i always wondered this :thinking:

1 Like

“I find your igorance quite disturbing” =/= name calling.

Ignorance is a lack of knowledge or information. The word “ignorant” is an adjective that describes a person in the state of being unaware, and can describe individuals who deliberately ignore or disregard important information or facts.

Someone posted something that was a fact.
You called it an opinion with no actual information to back it all up.

After reading this, I hope you could actually tell me where I have called you a name.

1 Like

I think it’s super cute that the two people who claim to know the most about how 3d models work thinks that image proves me wrong.

The previous Zandalari model was also based on the Night Elf model. You can change the scale of models, even in game. The Zandalari model just has a different texture from the Night Elf model and obviously hands, head, feet.

2 Likes

Only thing I can offer in this matter is, there are High Eleves, High Elf Wayfarers , Sin’dorei that showed up in Stormwind & Telogrus Rift, The kinship courtesy can be explained for the Sen’dorei Silvermoon scholars,

But the High elves mages in Stormwind and the What looks like void affected High Elf Wayfarers could be a possible customization coming, either way the big step was getting the Alliance Thalassian model with customization’s to follow later down the road. This is just my opinion

BTW All the races mentioned here can be seen now in game in the locations I mentioned if Alliance.

2 Likes

And chest, stomach, waist, height, ect. I’m looking at both pictures and I’m not seeing it. They’re both long and swol though.

Night Elf, Dark Spear, and Zanalari females are all extremely similar.

That makes absolutely zero sense. But you do you.

They changed their names to Blood Elves. They’re Blood Elves.

2 Likes

I agree, that’s why we’re going to continue to refer to the greater group as high elves. Blood-void-high elves is just too much.

2 Likes

And guess what, Blood Elves are still High Elves. A name change doesn’t change anything.

It’s ok. You can keep being non-sensical. It’s a mostly free forum.

Is the easiest bit. You can just scale up a model. You can do it in game with abilities and potions. The female zandalari model is just an upscaled Darkspear female model with a different texture.

The biggest difference is just the joint positions. That being said, other than changing the hands and feet they basically didn’t mess with the arm and leg geometry.

For the most part it’s just a retexture. It looks like they did do a little with the geometry of the hips/waist.

2 Likes

Nope. Especially not according to Kael’thas
 and Lorthemar keeps his proclamations they way they were. That’s why he’s not King.

A name change changes one thing. The name.

2 Likes

personally i think the answer is the obvious one. they have no intention of doing so. ever

Cool I respect your opinion, but disagree.

2 Likes

Exactly, it doesn’t change there race. High Elves is the race that they are.

So when we are talking about the greater group, we call them high elves and when we are talking about the exiles who live in and are aligned to the Alliance, they are Alliance high elves, and the other group is the Silver Covenant. Blood Elves are not an equivalent group to ‘High Elves’, they are a sub group of high elves, and the main body.

I don’t understand how this is still a thing.

1 Like

Yet another topic about this. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. All elves belong to the same race. Period. Move on.

1 Like

Not only are Blood Elves high elves, they are most of the high elves.

1 Like

Believe the majority of their population is called Sin’dorei Lore explains why they changed their name, The smaller population that didnt follow are Still called High Elves thats in lore also.

1 Like

Maybe rephrase that?

That’s nice, but we need a term that refers to both of them that doesn’t also refer to Night Elves, elf-spider centaurs, and demonic elves. That term is high elves. I use lower case to show I’m not talking about a political group or formal faction, which honestly is more thought than the writers have put into it.

1 Like