The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Man, I cant wait for the April Fools joke to become real.

1 Like

Thank you, for supporting my point.
SkÀl.
:beer:

Got high knees rubber boots? Lol if they go alliance and can be paladins, look out haha GD won’t like that

1 Like

Blight isn’t permanent. Dragonfire burns it away we know that. It is also likely over time holy magic and nature magic can heal it but it would be a very slow process like is being done in the plaguelands.

IF they’re going to add anymore allied races, I think it’ll be as they did with Legion: just before next expansion.

Also, just like Legion, they’ll look to the current expansion and we’ll get Vulpera and Kelfin’s for the Horde and Ankoan and Mechagnomes for the Alliance.

I don’t think we’ll get an AR for every core race. Calia is the only Lightforged undead in the game. I think it’s more likely she’ll end up leading the Forsaken. There’s no AR equivalent for Worgen or Forsaken. If they were still open to doing neutral races, I could see Tortollan as a Pandaren equivalent but don’t think that’ll happen.

Whatever they choose, they’ll likely link it to another rep grind which makes the first 4 I mentioned likely since we’ve been grinding their rep this expansion.

1 Like

we will not be getting gilbins and ankoan. They are not designed for player models. While yes gilbins functionally work as they are now keep in mind we just got new goblin models yet when they brought back gilbins for BFA they kept them with the low res model and also made an entirely new female model that we haven’t seen before for them yet it is also low res.

Ankoans I have no idea why they would not designed as being an AR in the first place considering jinyu is a decently sized request and ankoan are better jinyu both in appearance and culture.

By that token, every single Elf DK would be a High Elf.
In fact, I remember a few RPers(NOT ME!) who did just that.
Gah.
SkÀl.
:beer:

RAETHARIUS FOR WARCHIEF!

SKÖL!
Many :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

1 Like

I agree. Blizz probably won’t ever add allied races mid expansion ever again, they’ll make more when it comes time to help sell new expansions. They make for good promotional/preorder material

The argument that High Elves will bring in a lot of money for Blizz only makes sense to me in this scenario. New races would have to be popular picks to sell preorders

5 Likes

Bellular swore up and down he has a source from blizz that they make more money on micro transactions than subs, and a lot of people will be race changing (a micro transaction) their characters to high elves if they become available.

3 Likes

Race changes will help for sure, but micro transactions make a lot of money because they’re always available. You only have to buy the expansion once

Selling that expansion is going to be the first step to selling what’s in the game store, so getting those numbers up are important. Many people will preorder an expansion immediately upon seeing the race they want to play become available, regardless of what the expansion is actually about

Even if the next expansion looked horrible, I’d still buy it if High Elves became an allied race and I had to preorder to get early access to them. I’d most certainly race change a couple of characters, too

4 Likes

I thought Bellular hated High Elves (or, at least, fully agreed with Ion’s memetastic answer that the Horde is waiting for you)

Oh lol yeah, I kinda figured since he hasn’t made a vid on highelves. But he mentioned in a video that Blizz makes more on their game services and such than the subs.

Yeah Bellular isn’t a fan of High Elves as an allied race. T&E seem to be though, for what it’s worth

Alliance will get Mechagnomes and Ankoan.

Horde will get Vulpera and likely Redeemed Undead.

T&E stated that they don’t really have a dog in the fight, they just wanted to look into the case and see if it held water. But the fact that it did (and the fact that they keep needling Blizzard about them as a joke) is still awesome

6 Likes

There was also a good vid put out there by another guy on YouTube. Keindeth I think
 sorry if I butchered the name

2 Likes

Mechagnomes I get, but why the second one?

But even T&E did a later video where they basically said the HE debate is over given what the devs have said.

Pardon? i watch T&E where did they say that?

1 Like