The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

I just wanna say
 and stop me if we have covered this (I’m not reading several thousand posts
 >_>) 
 but it was a bit weird that the ballista with the High Elf insignia was smack in front of our faces after the big Sylvanas/Saurfang cinematic. Like
 were there any others? I didn’t even see High Elves, just that big ol ballista in my face.

9 Likes

Oh great now you got me thinking about a island expedition idea about Warcraft 2 Islands now.

Through I normally don’t trust leaks giving the fact that most of them will probably not be true. Again We will have to see what happens at Blizzcon.

Right now we do gotta keep our expectations low seeing as how Blizzcon 2018 wasn’t much of good hype.

I just hope San’layn and High Elves both become playable. With San’layn and High Elves finally being made playable the worries of living in a dark sad reality of no iconic races or cool original elven races would finally be over if that happens.

Right now. San’layn Leader from the San’layn Community has pretty much given up on World of Warcraft since She fears for the Future of Lightforged Undead being a thing that is about to happen and also Blizzard hasn’t been given much attention to the big support of Playable San’layn Race. I hope Blizzard makes both Elven races playable. It would really make San’layn Folks really happy seeing as the fact they just lost the Forsaken Leader and is now in hiding.

3 Likes

There were no other Ballista in the area, I flew around and checked, there’s 3 High Elven Ballista though, no Night elf or Blood Elf ones to be found.

It’s assumed that Vereesa donated them to aid the cause, as her and Alleria were both there.

4 Likes

Oh absolutely. Whatever does happen, we’ll see! I’m just saying I’ll accept San’layn if they do indeed happen, but I’d rather Ogres! It would be nice to see them and High Elves playable though, absolutely.

5 Likes

That is if Quel’thalas might become a thing that is. Well the Warfront that is.

Seeing the fact Battle for Azeroth only had Two Warfronts of 4 Races. I would really would love a Blood Elf vs High Elf Warfront of High Elf Armor Sets for the Alliance and Blood Elf Armor Sets for the Horde as well. Also Nightborne and Void Elves are also part of this seeing as how the Void Elves really want Quel’thalas back for the Alliance.

We will wait and see.

I mean heck if both High Elves and Ogres do become playable. Not only would the Horde Identity of Warcraft 2 would be complete but the Alliance will truly be 100% Complete in terms of Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3 Identity.

To be fair. Warcraft 2 for both sides wouldn’t be complete without Forest Trolls and Wildhammer Dwarves. As for the San’layn. They also fit the bill for completing the undead fantasy in general.

4 Likes

Good call. The placement in particular is what really peaked my interest.

Probably nothing, though.

1 Like

This is very true

4 Likes

How come y’all get really active when I’m not around? I’m in this thread for more than half the day and I hardly get to chat with any of you lol

7 Likes

Where ya been lol

Same thing with me in terms of talking with folks like Elyssaria, Curemaster, Drede, Talendrion, Bourbonboxer, and just all kinds of people within the High Elf Threads of Both Pros and Antis.

Just mentioning you guys because through we had our differences I atleast enjoy talking with you guys rather than being completely alone and ignored. I also forget about Archmage, Vexvander, and other folks as well. Haven’t seen them on here since 2018/2017 when the first megathreads started.

6 Likes

I am in the same boat. I want the options for players that they want (sanlayn and ogres for horde), but my personal favorite is the option for Vrykul. After befriending them in Legion I was hopeful.

6 Likes

I follow the thread pretty closely and read through every post, especially during the downtime at work. I usually only say something when I feel like I have something to add or something that interests me all around. Never feel alone :slight_smile:

I enjoy reading everything and following along, mainly because I’ve love the lore and love this topic in particular. I love engaging in these conversations regardless if people are for or against. There are many whom come and gone as the topic has moved forward, but there are also more new people whom arrive everyday. It makes it even more exciting to see more points of views.

Also, I too would love to see more options for people to choose from. Of course there are some things I just don’t like or care for (such as mechagnomes) but I know there are people out there who desperately wanting to play them. Who am I to stand in there way of them playing what they want to be?

4 Likes

Vrykul would be cool. A case could be made for either faction. Also, I’m a sucker for Norse mythology

9 Likes

After how the story played out in Legion with Eyir I think Alliance, but that’s just me.

2 Likes

Cool! That’d be great, but I wouldn’t be mad if they were made a Horde race.

1 Like

I’m kinda bummed with how this patch went down it kills the last sliver of hope that they’d go with less a good/evil with Odyn and Helya and more of a two powers that are both wrong in their own way battling over old grudges thing. (there’s a lot of what Odyn did that’s just plain wrong, and as an old hordie I like the whole story of the monstrous looking ones not necessarily being the bad ones, or at least not the worst one)

Just as a Tauren player, let me remind you to be careful wishing for big races, especially on a faction that may already not have a need for large doors. (but can’t really think of a reason human ancestors would go anywhere else)

Split them I guess? I dunno.

Oh I know Odyn isn’t a wonderful dude for sure, but that’s a lot of NPCs and such around Azeroth. He’s not my favorite, but we did spend a lot of time on him and the Valajar etc.

Many players have chimed in about their size being a problem, but I think I will leave that up to Blizz to figure out since they are smarter than I am.

I was just hoping for a bit of like a civil war in that pseudo-norse world. But too late for that now it seems.

And I’m just remembering stuff like having to use a pillow to get through a gap to get a piece for unlocking the boss in legion that dropped the jellyfish mount. For the most part you can get everywhere, but there’s a lot more dismounting involved, very inconvenient.

Well, if Legion was pretty popular and people show an interest they could always go back to it or create new story with it.

Yeah, I can imagine it’s not the most fun
 But I would actually deal with it to be able to play them. That’s just me though, for the record. I know other players wouldn’t probably enjoy that so I guess they would have to figure something out. Since we have things like AI in BGs now though, I am sure Blizz can figure something out if they took the time.

1 Like