The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Things change though, they scrapped Me’dan as far as we know.

But all that can change in an instant with a simple little “That was one possibility out of many”

Wasn’t it only a vision from Varian in a dream or something?

Doesn’t look like it, just has “Many many years later” on the first panel of that part

My bad, what a weird comic. Lol still
 they may steer from this eventually, depends on how long the current writing team is around

I think they just need to back away on some of Anduin’s features in game. Find a way to separate that comic from this timeline so he’s in the same boat as all of us in not knowing what the future will lead to. And something with his magic bones so it isn’t so perfect. I figure just have a situation where it adds ambiguity, like that the criteria his bones have for telling him not to do something doesn’t line up with doing good for his people, so it isn’t completely reliable.

2 Likes

I think the alliance would have more credibility if it didn’t have a “high” king. I hate bringing in real world
 but the Coalition forces against Napoleon didn’t call the King of England or Duke of Wellington their “high king”

More or less they need the alliance to be less of a mirrored image of the horde. A leader of the alliance forces would seem more appropriate than everyone recognizing Anduin as the High king, he’s just King of the City state of Storm wind.

I have a feeling that the Warchief title may go to the wayside as well. In order to break the cycle
 sorry for being off topic though.

Eh, this topic has gone on long enough that I figure a few little interludes here and there aren’t that big of a deal, what’s a few dozen posts out of tens of thousands? Besides, it’s nice to take a breather and find some topics we can discuss that aren’t as contentious, it helps to reminds us all that we’re more than just pro or anti.

I just wish they’d give Anduin the growing into his position story he needs, highlight that he’s learning as he’s doing. Let his repeated cries of doom at Lordaeron be more the panic of someone new to command overreacting to a setback rather than an accurate appraisal of the odds, stuff like that

We will have to deal with her eventually and Alleria and Vereesa are likely to be there.

Also I like how Vereesa just showed up with ballistas.

Do they keep them where they keep their ships!?

10 Likes

I guess the HE’s have a base somewhere; my guess is around Northrend since Windrunner’s Overlook is the one place with stationed HE ballistas? Also yeah, maybe also where their shipyard is lol. Honestly for all the presumably extinct they are, they sure still have siege weapons and ships heh.

Jesting aside, it was really a bummer to really not see any alliance AR at the gates of Orgrimmar, while we had all the Horde allied races save for Zandalari.

11 Likes

Here’s hoping for a secret island base.

I mean
 you need lots of workers and trees to make ships and ballistas.

Picturing a WC2 Lumbermill and Shipyard just places somewhere lol

Considering a bunch of them joined so they could kill the opposite faction I don’t think some of them would be too happy.

5 Likes

I mean yeah, but the fact that HE’s supplied siege weapons over actual playable races is lol, like, it has always been the issue, HE being a constant alliance presence yet never playable.

13 Likes

So, after 8.2.5, some thoughts:

• While not exactly as expected (I was hoping for the Sylvanas/Helya connection to be made clear, and that she would escape with the help of the Kvaldir), it ended in a way that still makes it possible for my 8.3 prediction to happen. Let’s see how things go.
  • I said Alleria and Vereesa would appear when the focus shifted to Sylvanas. This chapter’s focus was Saurfang, but Sylvanas also got more attention and guess who had a cameo? Don’t be mistaken: that is just the hook for more.
  • High elven ballistas as part of the Alliance force. hmmm
 A pity we didn’t see high elves (besides Vereesa’s brief cameo) in this.

I still think we are getting the War between Death and Void in 8.3, but not exactly as I predicted originally. My original prediction was that Sylvanas would head to Quel’thalas, and guess where she was seen for the last time?

I think N’Zoth will lead us to Sylvanas, instead of her being the catalyst of it all. And, during the conflict to capture her (with the sisters and possibly the SIlver Covenant involved), we will get some developments for all thalassians.

11 Likes

So far, my speculation goes for 8.3 being Void based, with N’zoth attacking somewhere; it could be Stormwind if Sylvanas collaboration with Aszhara leads to that being incepted into him, or Silvermoon if we pick up the thread from the Sunwell; for some reason though, whatever happens to the Sunwell I think could use little time instead of being the main event; I can see N’zoth or Xal’atath using it’s energies for something else. A tool rather than the goal.

Whatever Sylvanas plans will be the lead in for the next expansion; whether she lives or not. I could see Tyrande becoming a spanner in the works and messing Sylvanas’ reward, but not her goals, so I can see Sylvanas dying by her hand not reaping the rewards of all her planning, but not stopping whatever she set in motion.

Alleria and Vereesa def would have some relevance if this is the end for Sylvanas, but I don’t think Thalassians as a whole will be relevant, but the end of whatever happens could lead to big changes next expansion.

9 Likes

“It’s surface blazes bright, masking shadows below.”

Also, can we appreciate that this is the same guy who voiced Alucard in Hellsing?

1 Like

Il’gynoth was voiced by Crispin Freeman?

Yep!

Guy is awesome.

I just don’t see BfA ending with Sylvanas not being relevant in the final patch. She’s THE real thematic villain of this expansion. She’s the only Warbringer without a patch dedicated to her. She has been the instigator of the whole story. Leaving her out now just to have another Old God tentacle fight as a placeholder villain would be terrible storytelling.

So, even if Sylvanas is planning to lay low, the conflict will be brought to her, probably by N’Zoth, who she helped free and had the arrogance of thinking she could manipulate.

If my Quel’thalas theory proves to be true, I can imagine the final raid be us fighting through Silvermoon, crossing the sea to Quel’danas, reach the (now corrupted) Sunwell and using it as a portal to Nya’lotha, where the final stages of the raid happen.

Or, as an alternative, a revamped Quel’danas is the last patch zone, and the corrupted Sunwell is the raid portal, with Nya’lotha being the whole raid.

4 Likes

The datamined Warfront could still be a thing.

Would be cool to see some new armors.

3 Likes

Instead of the new warfront being horde vs alliance, it may just be the groups getting revolving turns at Sylvanas’ new army. Maybe Vereesa, Alleria, Jaina and shandris will be the revolving commanders for the alliance? Talanji, thalysria(sorry for butchering her name), Lor’themar and thrall would be the horde leaders

1 Like