The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 24 hours due to a large number of community flags.

恤 ā—•_ā—• ą¼½ć¤ Giff alliance High Elves/Half Elves 恤 ā—•_ā—• ą¼½ć¤

13 Likes

Ah welcome back. I see those invested into keeping people from having the thing they want conspired to close the thread but here it is back again.

Funny how this request never seems to go away.

Its almost as if people really want this.

Yes, there are those deeply invested in trying to deny them. I donā€™t really understand that kind of casual cruelty. But some people just need to hurt others.

But its good to see the thread back in circulation. As the only possible method for communicating this request, its important to keep it going.

Ask for more or you will never get it.

15 Likes

Or you know, people posting like you who are just spouting personal attacks for no good reason end up teaming up with the people who have to flag dissenting opinions to get your own threads shut down again and again?

4 Likes

Looks like things got pretty heated before it got locked. But the mods unlocked it before the 24 hour mark?

Iā€™m glad they unlocked it but I wish people wouldnā€™t get so heated. Again its one of the reasons I donā€™t stick around these threads anymore.

2 Likes

Eh, with the amount of heat it probably would have been better to have a full day cool down.

1 Like

How about observation of the theme of the thread? That might be a good guideline.

3 Likes

On one hand I sorta agree, but on the other hand every time a thread like this gets locked the GD gets bombarded by ā€œPro HEā€ topics and everyone gets annoyed.

Its kind of a lose-lose situation. :frowning:

Depends, this one took a while to crop up after the megathread closed. But that also coincided with the launch of classic and at least some of the people were pretty excited about that. Thereā€™s been no movement on the elf front so itā€™s just some bumping, rehashing old arguments. But mostly just arguing on other things. I donā€™t know if the new patch would hold things over either, there does seem to be a bit of this is what we do when we donā€™t have anything better to do in wow.

1 Like

Woot Woot its back!

It does seem like people who are willing to pay to play High Elves are a little tired of being told ā€œNahā€ or just ignored.

I canā€™t say that I blame them. It does seem like an act of calculated ego to just say ā€œnopeā€ to everyone who wants to play one.

I would pop back in a second if HEs were available on the alliance side. And I donā€™t think I am a minority. But no one above this thread and upward cares a bit and there is no way to make them.

Its pretty frustrating. Especially when retail could really use a win.

3 Likes

Yeah, I guess a lot depends on what happens this Tuesday. In the meantime Iā€™m gonna enjoy the revamped Brewfest. Its always been my favorite Wow event, and Iā€™m enjoying the new activities.

I meant it as there are good conversations and allot of Quelā€™dorei material and discussion there for people interested and support Playable Alliance Quelā€™dorei. without the same people always arguing about the topic. Thats all.

1 Like

I should probably check that out sometime, and see what all is new, been taking advantage of the free month of the ubisoft subscription service to play a sarcastic greek woman kicking people off cliffs instead of wow.

1 Like

I find it a lot of fun personally. I donā€™t enjoy alcohol IRL, but getting plastered in-game is surprisingly fun. I feel like my character channels his ā€œinner-dwarf.ā€ XD

Plus this is the first year Iā€™ve tried the Horde version of it too. Dunno why I didnā€™t do it before- Iā€™ve had a horde toons for years, just never thought to do it.

Some of the new drinks are fun, the sausage eating contest is fun (if occasionally buggy) and ram racing is always a great way to get tokens for the toys and outfits.

Iā€™ve been a fan, even managed to snag the slow ram way back when, itā€™s nice theyā€™ve added to it, gets tedious when itā€™s the same thing over and over. Is it still the same ram course, was seeing someone complaining that they couldnā€™t get as many tokens doing that on their alliance toon, and I though that course was historically a little faster than the horde one.

:thinking:
So if I make a draenei paladin on Allianceā€¦ I can be a Horde Draenei?
Because if itā€™s just semantics, that seems to be the case.

Ah, yes. The well-known faction of humans who show up in nearly every expansion to proclaim their loyalty to the Horde and to further Horde goals.

Also, apologies for replying to a 2 day old comment. Itā€™s been a while and these threads move remarkably fast.

1 Like

Yeah they nerfed the Alliance course. They removed an apple bucket so you have to hit all three buckets instead of skipping one or two like in previous years. I donā€™t think its that bad though to be honest- you still get plenty of tokens if youā€™re fast enough.

Iā€™ve done both the Horde and Alliance courses and you get roughly the same amount- unless thereā€™s some crazy shortcut Iā€™m unaware of (which is unlikely since its pretty much a straight lineā€¦)

interestingly horde actually does have a faction of humans working with them in the war :smirk:

now where is your faction of ā€˜highā€™ elves at? last i checked you had 3 who showed up