The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Not at max level.

It doesn’t refer to that at all.

Blizzard is fairly infamous for things being broken on release. I’m pretty sure Vanilla is still considered the worst launch of an MMORPG in all of gaming history. The expression “Blizzard polish” didn’t refer to unbroken things, but to well-designed things (or, put another way, they took the time to do things that they knew players wanted).

1 Like

Not really, actually with the introduction of the High Elf Wayfarers I am kinda curious where they are going with the story, especially with the one coming in from Stormwind.

2 Likes

Again at the risk of repeating myself, Blizzard Polish was not in reference to things Fyorsing found agreeable. This alone should snap you outta that thinking.

Ya know
 Real talk. They werent considering alliance when they handed blood elves to the horde, but now we need to be super duper sensitive when it comes to appropriation and faction so that apparently blood elves bar high elves from being playable. Not nice, Blizz.

7 Likes

I don’t think that’s the case, if you split Pandas by faction and look at Velfs vs AlliaPandas

Probably studying the void so they can meld them into the Void Elves. Thats probably the most obvious answer. Not one youll like ofc and you wont even entertain thats possible.

I would if it wasn’t a Sin’dorei DK model being used for them, and coming in from Stormwind in a middle of a war, nothing to see here move along our mistake

What does the model have anything to do with this?

First thing youve ever said thats made sense.

You’re right, but even when exclusively considering cap-level characters the Void Elves are the only Allied Race more popular than Pandaren (with Pandaren comprising 3.1% of all characters, and Void Elves comprising 3.4% of all characters).

The extremely well-received Zandalari Trolls are, according to US Realm Pop, ~33.33% less popular than Pandaren.

And if you prefer WarcraftRealms for your census date, they’re tied with Zandalari at cap-level and only slightly behind Void Elves.

The TL;DR being, by no stretch of the imagination, can one suggest that Pandaren have been received poorly because of their split loyalties to either faction – when the population numbers imply they’re roughly on par in popularity with some of the more well-received Allied Races.

5 Likes

But
if they are on par with just released allied races which have low percentage of achievement after being out for three expansions
that means they are doing badly.

I will believe they are there for a reason, not just entertainment for people starting a Ren’dorei.

Okay, but why are you suggesting they “like” killing them specifically? They are enemy combatants so whats the deal?

I mean
why would you care if your own people are fighting against your faction of their own volition?

It was a question intended to provoke without any contribution to the discussion. You know that though, which is why you asked it.

2 Likes

2nd attempt to justify Horde killing off Quel’dorei? btw Rhonin was the husband of Veressa, The leader of the Silver Covenant wasn’t designed to provoke anything but it does add to the Quel’dorei & Sin’dorei discussion.

1 Like

Why would you arbitrarily disregard some of the people who’re playing Pandaren, because of the faction they chose? The faction has no bearing on the thematic(s) of the overarching racial grouping.

If Blood Elves were allowed to choose to join the Alliance, we wouldn’t separate the two populations from each other, when what we’re discussing is how popular Blood Elves thematics are in general.

5 Likes

u can believe it all u want but to be objective you must use Occams Razor.

I want Sethrak to be playable with all my heart but chances are blizzard is not gonna make them despite some changes to the contrary.

So can you

That’s a fair point, but Pandas are the only race playable on both sides so my logic was that since other ARs are faction-specific I would look at their representation on each faction vs that faction’s ARs. :slight_smile:

i did and the most likely scenario is that the High Elves are studying the effects on the Void Elves. They are Kin and if there were to be a non messy conclusion it would be they joined the Void Elves. Why else could they be there? Whats the more likely scenario?