The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

In my opinion, belf DKs work better from a narrative perspective. Most died for their kingdom, so it makes sense they’d go back to it. Of course there were helves who died for the Alliance, but still.

2 Likes

Ah that makes sense. Y’all make a good point. It’d be weird if they died defending their homeland then joined the enemy of it

So High Elf classes would probably just be warrior, rogue, hunter, mage, priest and maybe paladin/monk?

1 Like

Koltira Deathweaver is a notable death knight of the New Horde, serving as the Horde counterpart to Thassarian. In life, Koltira was a valiant defender of Quel’Thalas, and took to the field during the brutal Scourge invasion. He was killed in battle by Thassarian, and was promptly reanimated as a powerful death knight under the Lich King’s sway. Despite Thassarian being his killer, Koltira came to develop a strong bond with the human, the two placing inordinate amounts of value on the safety of the other (for ruthless death knights of the Scourge), and considering each other brothers in death.

Along with many other death knights, Koltira broke away from the Lich King’s grasp when his free will was restored to him at the Battle for Light’s Hope Chapel, and he joined the newly-formed [Knights of the Ebon Blade under Highlord Darion Mograine. While Thassarian opted to join the Alliance to reunite with his sister and serve his king, Koltira—conversely lacking such purpose with his own monarch and family dead—chose to join the Horde, the faction his people renamed the blood elves in honor of the fallen high elves were now a part of.

WOWP.

2 Likes

I mean, they’d probably be nothing since they’re not happening. :kissing:

Are we lumping half-elves in with them or no? Because if so, I imagine their class availability would be:

Paladin
Warrior
Hunter
Shaman
Druid
Rogue
Monk
Mage
Priest
Warlock

There’s old RPG lore regarding half-elves and Savagekin, which are a type of Druid that is in feral form almost all the time, so Half-Elves had druids, at least from that point of view. I can’t imagine a lot of helf warlocks, but half-elf warlocks seem like a decent possibility. As for Shaman, it goes back to being friends with the Wildhammers.

5 Likes

“Hey I am totally against sucking arcane energy out of squirrels but I have literally no issue with human sacrifice and using souls to cast spells.”

“Also no one pay attention to my green eyes from tapping into fel energy, totes still a high elf guys”

2 Likes

Did you read the rest of my post or just stop there? Because it sounds like you just stopped there.

2 Likes

Where you said you can’t imagine there being a lot of them? That doesn’t undo the fact that it makes literally no sense.

The part where the addition of Warlock is more based on Half-Elves being part of Helf numbers.

2 Likes

Actually you cant since the player DKs are said to have died as blood elves. Only Koltira is not, from what we know.

Im not saying they shouldnt be. I am saying Blizz will push Koltira and say high elf dks wont exist Alliance side because of him.

Its a smokescreen for the real reason.

1 Like

Werent you five seconds ago agreeing with someone that he wasnt a high elf DK, until Huxlley (a pro helf) said otherwise?

But that makes no sense either, the defining thing about Alliance high elves, whether half or full, is that they threw a massive hissy fit about hurting animals for magic. Using fel energies is categorically against their defining trait. If they want to start using magic like that they’re blood elves, or even half elf but the elf half is blood elf.

1 Like

I imagine Half Elves could be baked in as customization that’d be unique to to High Elves, since they’ve always been far friendlier than the elves that lived in Quel’thalas

Plus I love the idea of Half Elves from the rpg. The more Blizz pulls from it to make canon the better imo

4 Likes

The issues with high elves and druids is that, any sort of lore is strictly unbuilt upon from the RPG or has been retconned.

Like the protection stones that were originally nature magic got changed to arcane magic in later books.
The problem with that was

Put it like this. Mag’har Priests are a class option for Mag’har because of the Shadowmoon Clan, just one clan, and they should be using the Shadow Spec. The Mag’har hate the Light, so Holy/Disc aren’t their thing.

Saying Warlock should be impossible for a mixed Helf/Half-Elf allied race is like saying Mag’har shouldn’t have gotten Priest just because there would be Shadowmoon Shadow Priests among them.

Warlock would be less for helf, more for half-elf.

3 Likes

I mean, Forsaken shouldnt have priests either by that logic.

Basically warlock, druid and shaman could work depending on how they’d be implemented. I see

2 Likes

The difference there is Mag’hari have lore access to Shadow, which Blizzard decided meant priests even if they don’t use Holy. No high elves have access to Fel without becoming blood elves. There isn’t any reason for them to get warlock. It’s not even close to being the same thing.

i want half elves with high elf option for Void Elves.

3 Likes

I believe forsaken holy priests do exist, but they’re incredibly rare because using holy magic is physically painful for them. It just shows how incredibly devoted they are

1 Like