The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Btw, I wanted to clarify, when I talk about “the things I’ve seen” I didn’t mean you, I meant from that discord. If I were to support High elves I certainly would want nothing to do with it, but that’s me.

But on a side note, I’ll follow your example and instead of wasting time on the forums I’ll go and use my free time drawing.

1 Like

youre point is already worthless if you have to justiy change for the sake of change just to make something different enough to be playable when outside of the ideas, they are not different. ‘blood elves are high elves’ is the most boiled down argument because it is the base of the issue, they are not unique, they are not special, they are outcasts of a playable race and unlike void elves, nothing separates them :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Real talk though, why did they use the DK eyes to represent High Elves in the rift? They could’ve easily just used the High Elf skins. The ones in the rift have an undead look to them now

1 Like

Some say it was a mistake , but who knows, don’t think they would have a made a mistake like that.

2 Likes

None of the antis ever felt bad about what you said, trust us
we never took it to heart. But from my end, it seems like you are the one being hit with the brunt of emotional abuse from the opposite end of the spectrum.

I dont know what happened, but walking this line of eternal shame and apologize does no good at the end of the day. Why continue to do it? Were you promised that they would change their mind? Did they want to see better behavior?

The storm comes and goes.

4 Likes

My point is worthless? Look, this argument isn’t something either of us can win. Blood Elves are High Elves? Kul Tirans are humans, too

The question is what constitutes an allied race, and there are no defining rules to go by. We’ve seen reskins of existing races, we’ve seen player models swap factions, we’ve seen new models created just for the sake of them being different from other versions of that already playable race

When I hear people say “there can’t be any more elves!” or “Gnomes haven’t had their model used for an allied race yet!” All I see is themselves imposing rules as to what an allied race can be. Thing is, Blizz can do whatever the heck they want

They’ve already toyed with the idea of adding fair skin options to Void Elves to “complete the High Elf fantasy.” That would give us Blood Elves with blue eyes from a visual standpoint. They’re listening to player feedback, if Blizz decides that they want to pull the trigger and make High Elves into their own allied race they absolutely could

And if Blizz wanted to make High Elves look different to keep Blood Elves’ appearance unique to the Horde? They absolutely could

9 Likes

You are an excellent example of how we could all get along if we weren’t all monsters to each other. I thank you for that, and I hope you’re feeling better these days

Take note my fellow Helf people; the anti’s aren’t bad people so long as you treat them with some respect

6 Likes

Maybe the eyes on High Elf npcs just isn’t that important.

1 Like

actually there are. being distinct and not already playable is literally the only criteria

its called understanding a two faction game and being mature enough to realize that you wont get everything you want, nor does every single thing in the game need to be offered to one faction. you want to play a light skinned and majestic elf? play horde, simple as that

you like many others are either willfully ignoring the issue or still never understood it. the devs dont give a crap if you have no problem with giving the blood elf race(high elves) to the alliance, they do. they do not want the horde to mirror the alliance and vice versa, youre not going to get the light skinned elves, nor will it be changed for you when there is no reason for it to, because try as you might, none of the suggested changes make sense and deliberately skip over how similar they are, and because of that they will not be playable

‘high’ elves are the exact same race, they look the exact same, no amount of fanfictions or jumbled logic justifies them being different in appearance, and development has made it quite clear they dont want to blend factions

ask for something realistic, ask for the half elves nobody cares about if you want a light skin and MAJESTIC model, but to try so hard to beat around the bush is ridiculous. ‘high’ elves are not some owed gift, high elves are not some different looking people than blood elves, and the pale, majestic blonde haired yada yada isnt going to be shared

oh, and heres a hint cosmetic changes like hairstyles or some make up are not enough :wink:

1 Like

This is so true.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

No need to be so aggressive, my friend

I’m not over here throwing a hissy fit if we never get High Elves, I’ll still play and enjoy the game. Still, High Elves do exist on the Alliance. These Elves are a part of the Alliance identity, they don’t need to be playable to be so. Blizz has asked for feedback, and while the High Elf request isn’t exactly a secret it is still likely the most requested allied race

And while there are trends to allied races, it’s still a new system that Blizz has been building upon. We both know Blizz can do whatever they want with them, there isn’t an official Blizzard document written with the Blood of Ion himself that dictates what an allied race can be. It’s all self imposed restrictions

I’ll just keep my hopes up that High Elves may eventually become their own allied race in a few years. Nothing wrong with keeping positive and optimistic, after all

9 Likes

If that’s true they would’ve just used the skins that were already available. Why go through the extra effort to apply those eyes to the model?

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean. We’ve seen that the eye colors on the npc high elves aren’t even consistent with male and female and vary at times from place to place. I just was thinking that the people who are in charge of such things aren’t very concerned about it maybe because it’s not that big a deal.

2 Likes

KOltura Deathweaver is BLOD ELF: that’s why Orbaz Bloodbane hates his guts remember?
Oh wait, you’re only level 12: play the game some more, you’ll understand.
SkÀl.
:beer:

1 Like

Yeah because Blizzard NEVER retconns anything, right?
Pure irony coming from the Blood Elf.

1 Like

Ah
this is so helpful!!! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Thank you!

says the level 93 to the level 69 about a comment made to a level 12

2 Likes

Maybe they were trying to distinguish some effect of the rift on them not fully transformed. But if that was the case why not the Silver Moon Scholars. Some have Blue & Green Eyes.

1 Like

Not true. Any time I have had a serious conversation it ends up in insults (from them) and trolling. I got tired of being patient and attempting to have a discussion when it’s the same rhetoric over and over, or tactics like spouting the same nonsense.

7 Likes

How is he a blood elf if he died before blood elves existed? Im in not arguing that he became a blood elf, im arguing that there is a period of time where he is a helf dk who joined the Horde.