The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

“Had ties with” and “are” are two entirely different things.

Post your hopes and dreams and wishes, sure but it’s exhausting seeing what people will try to pass off as factual to back-up their statements. The amount of assumption, conjecture, and out-and-out falsehoods is mind-numbing.

Stick to the facts and, if you do that, you’ll see that High Elves as playable are highly unlikely unless you completely tear the lore apart.

1 Like

I think I’ve seen you involved in this argyument for a while, only on the other side.
You should know that these are a common occurance and I’m surprised you haven’t developed immunity to it and, tbh, this is not even the level that would make me facepalm and develop a headache.

And plus, accepting the Silver Hand was a vital part of what compromised the Alliance, doesn’t do anything to the argument really, is only a way for them to ask for a class for a race that should not happen.

I’ve been pretty open about my history with this topic. I was pro but once I realized I wasn’t really looking at the topic subjectively, I started looking into as much as I could about what’s been written and said about the topic by the devs, the writers, previous and current as well as the story.

Once i educated myself, I went completely the other way 
 likely because it ended up being a gateway to really digging into the lore of the game and realizing how important it is TO the game AND being tired of how little it matters to some. I think it was the Blood Elf heritage armor quest that sealed the deal for me.

Agreed though: best to ignore it cause it’s not going away.

1 Like

I’m not aying you should ignore it. I just think that conceding some things it’s a better choice.

Whether the Silver Hand was an Alliance thing or not, doesn’t change anything for High elves being playable.

“Hey the Alliance isn’t too popular, because of broken racials tilting the favor towards Horde. People also don’t find the Alliance as interesting
 How do we fix this, I know! Ignore everything else and add humans but with knife-ears on the Alliance when they already have two! That’ll fix everything I swear!”

2 Likes

High Elves don’t have to be about fixing faction imbalance problems. The potential may be there if they had incredible racials, but High Elves themselves may not solve the issue

That said, more allied races will come eventually. May as well continue to offer feedback as Blizz requested

7 Likes

High Elves aren’t coming to the Alliance due to the simple fact that they’re nigh indistinguishable from Blood Elves.

2 Likes

They could make them to be so, just as they did with your human. To think that High Elves need to be an exact copy of Blood Elves but with blue eyes is just imposing self restrictions as to what an allied race could be

7 Likes

The difference being we only had 1 type of human before, now we have two.

We already have 4 elves. We don’t need another, no matter what zany model you propose needs to happen. Any niche they could field thematically is already taken by Velves and Nelves.

1 Like

If only more people understood this and stopped using literally any crutch, including this flimsy one

1 Like

Again, that’s a self imposed restriction. “We can’t have High Elves because there are 4 elves already”

So? How does that stop High Elves from becoming playable? I get that you don’t like elves, but that alone isn’t enough to deny them

8 Likes

Plus
 we have like 4 human types in the game (Stormwind Humans, Kul Tirans, Undead, Worgen), and we’re leaving gnomes and dwarves out of the equation because they’re technically not “WoW” Humans, but c’mon

1 Like

When all of those “humans” (and btw, how dare you, we forsaken are far more evolved, we transcended life, yo), look all the same (at all times) and even have similar culture, then the situation could be compared.

3 Likes

Kul Tirans did look the same - that’s the whole point. Devs overhauled their appearance only for gameplay reasons, nothing else.

EDIT: also, the 4 elves we have do not look the same or share the same culture.

3 Likes

dont be silly. blood elves ARE the high elves. you cant have a horde race just because a few individuals using both adjectives exist in the alliance

it is easy to oppose this because development and the lore agree with the anti point of view

people seem to be losing sight of that fact, its almost like with the denial of lore there is an agenda

3 Likes

But do they look the same now that they are playable?

And I still want to know why they’re supposed to look different and I think it’s really needed.

However, in the case of High elves, it has been practically speficied that they don’t look different from blood elves, and there’s no indication that they should.

And before you suggest they simply make something up
 I’ll ask you to look at Void elves.

Yeah, that’s the whole point.

4 Likes

Who wants to join my boat of Alliance racial rework to try and fix faction imbalance?

2 Likes

Almost there, Little tweaking here and there, presto Alliance Quel’dorei

7 Likes

Sigh As usual, coming up with random lore reasons it’s only ok when it favors “The Cause”

2 Likes

Blood Elves are High Elves and they are a Horde race. Thing is, they don’t call themselves High Elves anymore, only those who are neutral or are on the Alliance do. This is acknowledged multiple times in the game

We’d like to play as an Alliance High Elf loyalist. The biggest point of contention is the model, and as I stated that’s something Blizz could easily fix. I don’t think that’s silly

7 Likes