The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

because the underlying forum system counts each character as itsā€™ own account somehow. Something to do with it being ported from the overwatch forums.

1 Like

high elves were and still are part of the silver hand you know. and no not the legion silver hand. The real silver hand that is an alliance only paladin order.

1 Like

It might be Good but if you want a bit a mix of High Elf with the Half Elf Heritage Armor. I would go with the Priest Heritage Armor Unit from Warcraft 3.

1 Like

No, this is factually wrong. From itā€™s inception the Silver Hand was intrinsically human based, and it only expanded to dwarves in the RPG (so, not canon unless someday they decided to make it canon). It wasnā€™t until Legion that they became a part of it.

Funnily enough, one of Utherā€™s well-known apprentice, is indeed the Blood Elf Mehlar Dawnblade.

7 Likes

In Classic it says in the tooltip for paladins that theyā€™ve recently begun taking Dwarves into their ranks (or something along those lines)

ā€¦but yeah, no mention of High Elf paladins that Iā€™m aware of. Should they become an allied race Iā€™ve no doubt that they could be paladins, they could already be priests after all

1 Like

Yes I was suspecting that since dwarves have been paladins since vanilla, so I guess they did make it canon even if not explicitly.

I still remember that time when I actually went and made a trial character human paladin to go check for the High elves people claims are in the class hallā€¦ turns out that the NPCs were just randomly generated troopsā€¦

2 Likes

Meh, itā€™s enough to me that High Elves can be used as random nameless npcā€™s at all. I thought I remembered there being one named High Elf paladin in the class hall, but I remember being told that heā€™s just a reference/joke, assuming there actually is one in there

High Elves were paladins. Some of them were even in the Scarlet Crusade!

6 Likes

There are High Elf Paladin examples but it is not a major part of their culture since those all seem to come from them assimilating into Paladin Groups instead of them having their own.

Let me dredge up my listā€¦

8 Likes

Also got the Missing High Elf Rangers within the Scarlet Crusade too still missing.

:heart::heart:Stopping in showing my Daily 100% Love and Support For Playable Alliance Quelā€™ Dorei.:heart::heart:

7 Likes

Mostly agree with that. Iā€™d say that the High Elves should have all the Human classes minus Warlock. After all, the biggest distiction between them and the Blood Elves is that they flat out refuse to use demonic magic.

Ideally, itā€™d be: Warrior, Paladin, Mage, Hunter, Rogue, Priest, and Monk

As with the above statement, I would be wary of the naturalistic classes, but if thereā€™s a justification for that, Iā€™m game.

3 Likes

DK would be justifiable, Iā€™d hope Blizz would allow allied races to be them when it makes sense. Dark Irons were around, why canā€™t they be DKā€™s?

Walking around classic seeing High Elves in Alliance cities making me feel all sad for what could have been :cry:

3 Likes

But the fact to the matter is Guzzle is a Jabroozle

Koltira set the standard of high elf death knights become blood elves and i think thats how Blizzard would play it off as.

And honestly, after Metzen said an Alliance raced DK could be Horde on the very rare occassionā€¦I can see it being the case.

1 Like

where does this stae that

1 Like

Metzen said it on Twitter around 2014 (about the alliance race dk becoming forsaken) in response to a tweet long deleted, but Metzenā€™s reply is still able to be viewed. Its made reference to in wowpedia at the bottom of the Knights of the Ebon Blade section of the Death Knight article

Wowpedia post:

Death knights of formerly Alliance races could potentially make individual cases in order to join the Forsaken under Sylvanas . For example, if a worgen death knight proved his loyalty beyond a doubt, he may be allowed to serve under Sylvanas. However, this is considered extremely uncommon, and no known undead worgen character has yet to join the Horde in the lore.

Metzens reply to the now deleted tweet (in association with this idea)

@Wulfsblood138 I think if he proved his loyalty beyond doubt - I can see rare instances.

EDIT: I used the way back machine and found the post chain that Wulfsblood138 posted:

@ChrisMetzen Hi Mr. Metzen! I was wondering a lore type question. Would a worgen DK be accepted by Sylvanas if he willingly came to her?

If he came to her directly after being freed from the Lich King during WotLKā€™s that is.

1 Like

Silver Hand isnā€™t formally Alliance. Nice headcannon though.

Now, donā€™t be like him.

The Silver Hand has always had ties with the Alliance, both the old one and the new one, it wasnā€™t until recently that they opened up and Tauren and Blood elves are part of it, but Iā€™m not sure if this neutral status remains now that Legion is over.

He was wrong about High elves being part of it, donā€™t go down to that level. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes