The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

they caved to flying within a month and the compromise was pathfinder

yes he never said no what he said was ā€˜highā€™ elves are already playable and giving that exact race to the alliance would blur the line between the factions

he then went on to say the anti position word for word ā€œbut also there isnt a clear example of who or what alliance high elves are as a larger group which remains in azeroth. theres a coupleā€¦ but theyre not out there in the same way.ā€ so theres a couple in SW and a couple in BFA content. and if you want to get technical ā€œno alliance high elf hubs leftā€ implies the SC is dalaran aligned and not alliance like some like to fanfiction. just like we always say

That said, obviously I understand you would love Alliance elvesā€¦youā€™re an Alliance player, and want to be a fair-skinned, light-haired, blue-eyed elf. Sorry? The Horde is there and waiting for you. Eye color is not quite the same but maybe contact lenses in the future, you never know? Anything is possible in the future, but no plans in the near-term to add High Elves as an Allied Race.

so no plans to add them as an AR because they are already a core race :family_woman_girl:

1 Like

And in the end they proceeded with Classic for two good reasons; money and protecting their IP.

2 Likes

If anything, blizz blurred the line themselves by making blood elves go horde. Its not on alliance because that came out if nowhere, just like void elves.

It would have been better if you went back to the overdone pandaren argument.

4 Likes

How does bringing in high elves solve the problems associated with dwindling Alliance play rate?

4 Likes

It definitely will not fill the talent gap, I could be wrong, but it would increase the people who play for RP and casual experiences.

2 Likes

Isnt that literally what the problem is now, that there is no long term for that sort of idea.

Alliance is already considered the RP/causal faction

1 Like

Player demand was also one of the reasons Classic exists now. It isnā€™t just one reason or the other

5 Likes

How do you shift that paradigm though? Itā€™s a long forgone subject, and should have been addressed sooner. The guilds who raid hardcore are well established in The Horde and have a whole lot more people in the talent pool to pick from. There are good raiding guilds on alliance no doubt, but the talent pool isnā€™t there. I am not for robbing the horde of their talent base just for my betterment.

Itā€™s a tough subject on how to get that balanceā€¦ unfortunately the players seem well established within their ranks.

4 Likes

The issue is that you need to break the current balance that exists at the top end of min/maxing to make it heavily favored for Alliance.

Which will never happen.

It would have been better if you didnt stop in to snipe at people for their personal opinions.

Many horde players for probably ten years mocked and questioned blood elves, kicking them around and making them the punch line of many jokes so its not like this is some bizarre idea that isnt supported. It wasnt until alliance players pointed out high elves being viable as an allied race that horde started clinging to them like they were a precious asset.

2 Likes

Whole guild faction xfers only made the issue worse, how many Good horde guilds xferred to alliance? Very few I would assumeā€¦ but I dont have hard data to go off either. Iam sure itā€™s out there.

Is this what the ā€˜alliance playable high elfā€™ isā€¦a ā€˜demandā€™? Or did you make a mistake?

Idk if you are looking at ā€œdemandā€ as it is meant literallyā€¦ or the market type of ā€œdemandā€

3 Likes

You have to know this canā€™t be true when Blood Elves are the most popular played race for the Horde.
:crazy_face:

1 Like

I pity the people in this thread who whip themselves into a frenzy, and delude themselves into thinking that High Elves will ever be a thing.

You have to know that even people with blood elf toons criticized them joining the horde, and not all horde players play blood elves.

2 Likes

Only he can answer that.

I find it funny that thatā€™s what you interpret from this conversationā€¦ itā€™s pretty clear you hate all elves so I get you have bias against the subjectā€¦

Iā€™ve been pretty much pessimistic on ever getting them, but I donā€™t mind defending the idea.

5 Likes

Pot meet kettle.

Who cares? They make up the majority of their player base and its quite nonsensical to begin with; stuff like this has always been done towards a majority party. Its basic sociology.

Which means you need to hard incentivize the Alliance. Giving another race doesnt really change anything unless they are broken op on release and are unchanged for the expac or twoā€¦balance is a fools errand, to establish it you must break the current balances made.