The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

I think people are actually confused at what racism really is.

-degrading someone for being a different race
-prosecuting or terrorizing someone for being a different race.
-giving different races more life threatening tasks as to not put your own at risk.
-barring different races from participating In activities because well you knowā€¦ they are different.
-segregation of racesā€¦ and so onā€¦

If we really want to go down the racist rabbit hole and discuss that being a reason and driving theme for not having high elves then be my guestā€¦ but as it stands it is a non-factor in present day wow.

1 Like

Racism is prejudice against another race. Anduin coming to power or high elves performing useful functions doesnā€™t suddenly make racism against them cease.

Guzzleā€¦ There is absolutely no evidence of internal racism/prejudice in modern day wow within the alliance. No denying that they are prejudice against orcs and other horde racesā€¦ itā€™s kind of the driving factor behind the gameā€¦ I mean ā€œorcs vs Humans.ā€

Why is that taken as cannon from the same people who claim the RPG isnā€™t cannon anymore?

The Alliance being racist pre-dates the rpg.

Also as a priest it upsets me when people mispell canon.

Doesnā€™t help when iPhone auto fails all the timeā€¦ its kind of annoying. Lol

How many examples beyond Garithos has the alliance been internal racists to its own members? Pre rpg.

The only thing that could possibly explain their stubbornness on this issue is the faction walls potentially coming down next expac. While true it doesnā€™t satisfy the lore desire, if Blizzard is focused more on appearances, HEs might be a bit redundant in their minds.

This is why we need the Nozdormu-style Dragon Elves instead! Completely different appearance.

Off the top of my head the whole thing with the hunting down the Forsaken was pretty rough. Obviously thereā€™s a question of whether or not they were Alliance, but they were trying to rejoin their friends and family and presumably the Alliance at the time.

I dunno, itā€™s like 4 here. My ability to index things in my mindbrain from 20 odd years of a fantasy series isnā€™t at peak performance.

Or maybe their stubbornness is from them not wanting to mess with faction identities, as everyone from Ion to Ghostcrawler has said.

How do faction identities matter when the walls are coming down?

They are seeing appearances because that is all that will be relevant with no factions.

1 Like

How is it they can say something and you somehow convince yourself it means something completely different?

The forsaken are not alliance members. Although admittedly they did want to rejoin the alliance initially by the sounds of itā€¦ and got rejected.

But internal alliance members have not suffered any racism in modern wow.

1 Like

So you are just being a contrarian, got it.

At the time they sort of were. The Alliance didnā€™t have an official stance on the Forsaken, who were recently raised citizens of Lordaeron. As far as they were aware there was no rule where dying meant one wasnā€™t Alliance anymore.

Gods knows how bad that would be for modern Alliance members.

But does she really? Do we? :wink:

2 Likes

To be fair, if youā€™ve played the DK quest chain you might think differently about that.

Yeah, thatā€™s true, but all members of the Ebon blade trying to rejoin the alliance came in at a time when the Lich king became a large threat and WC3 events were still fresh in their minds. Wasnā€™t so much racism as it was what they had doneā€¦ and now they stroll into the capital and wonā€™t get ā€œjusticeā€ for the evil they did (although the lich king had his control on them)

This could be head canonā€¦ because I donā€™t live in the developers heads, and they only have so much time to devote towards each individual tid bit of storyā€¦ unless expressed in a novel, itā€™s hard to know the exact intentions of each given event. We could dissect and examine each event in game and everyone will have a different conclusion of said event.

1 Like

Okā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry I donā€™t know how to make more clear that being on the alliance, then leaving, then joining the horde might very likely lead to feelings of betrayal. We can discuss how justified such feelings might be, but itā€™s wild to pretend the feelings wouldnā€™t exist when we literally see the Silver Covenant rise in opposition of the Blood Elves rejoining Dalaran.

3 Likes

Honestly I donā€™t know what to tell you when WotLK, which takes places after NotD creates the SC in opposition to the Blood Elves, something changed. And I read that book a long while ago and tbh I donā€™t recall Vereesa being understanding about them becoming Horde, just about their choices but I really donā€™t recall that much of the book. But reading it I donā€™t think I took sympathy for understanding and validation.

But then again, MoP left the SC and Vereesa still mad and vengeful, and only on post Legion we got Vereesa saying she believes the BEā€™s are capable of redemption, which means she went from vengeful to at least thinking they can change, but clearly still doesnā€™t erase the animosity and itā€™s weird to say that because itā€™s mostly un-addressed it disappears.

Current Inaction doesnā€™t change her feelings, nor does it erase her stated goals of returning Silvermoon to the alliance. Again, to presume that motivations no longer exist because they are un-addressed at the moment is just weird.

Considering that we quested killing the Dalaran traitors and they were enemy mobs and not trying to have some room for them in Dalaran, it hardly feels like something where we needed Vereesaā€™s input.

ā€œYeah these are traitors, deal with themā€ was all we needed to know of them from Dalaran and its factions as a whole, and again, weird to think we needed Vereesaā€™s particular opinion on this matter.

5 Likes

Yeah, the bolded bit is kind of an unsubstianted claim; thereā€™s nothing to suggest the Silver Covenant are anything else than the Dalarani pop that Vereesa convinced to become radically anti-belf, I really donā€™t know this ā€œThe SC are former Farstridersā€ things comes from.

5 Likes