The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

Donā€™t forget about vereesaā€™s kids

I hope the Half Elves of the rpg become canon someday. Despite the discrimination they face from both humans and High Elves, they still have an incredible drive to prove themselves in the face of adversity. Itā€™s why I like them so much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They arent in the game yet. Its why I didnt include them

Fair enough, my b

I imagine a big reason for that is that half elves are an iconic pen and paper race so donā€™t really work outside of the rpg since the high elf concept shifted to blood elves long ago.

1 Like

I kind of think the age of this is over by now though? They definitely had trust issues with themā€¦ but they have not stabbed the alliance in the back since they left the original alliance. With Anduin at the helm, it seems that chances of discrimination against any race who is alliance leaning is ziltch.

1 Like

Half Elves are the worst of both worlds. They should never be a playable race. Period.

Thatā€™s not how racism works. Anduin just negating the Allianceā€™s main flaw would be boring af anyway.

3 Likes

But where has this been a main internal theme of the modern alliance of Wow? I have seen no evidence lately. Even a Night Elf like Shandris views all races as her equal. Also with the sensitivity of people in the real world to blatant real racism blizzard wonā€™t touch those themes with a 10 foot pole.

1 Like

Anduin doesnā€™t speak for every human. I think most humans would frown on him trusting Saurfang and releasing him in the middle of the night if they knew the truth.

1 Like

I actually agree. Iā€™d like to see some racist and corrupt Stormwind nobility attempt to undermine Anduinā€™s peace making

Racist is probably the wrong word for it, though

Classic till Wrath. It tapered off when they made the Alliance infallible in Cata.

Itā€™s not like Anduinā€™s going to come down to old town everytime a salty tavern keep calls a half elf a faithless wood sprite, waste of immortality or fey mule.

And Idunno about not touching on those themes, Yrel is pretty clearly Lightler.

Edit: actually the si7 guys in the Saurfang quest are pretty racist.

Yeah arenā€™t void elves turned away at the cathedral as well. And undead too.

I mean of course there always is a bit of racism when it involves the factions fighting each other. But have you heard the way orcs talk about humans vs the way humans talk about orcs? Haha itā€™s all over, not just the alliance.

I dunno, generally when Horde characters say stuff about the Alliance itā€™s stuff like ā€˜ya weakā€™ or ā€˜ya not braveā€™, when itā€™s Alliance it comes across as very colonial in tone quite often to me.

1 Like

But the overall story arc lately for the Alliance actually has not been to get rid of the horde because they are ā€œugly or intellectually inferiorā€ā€¦ because other wise they would be the aggressors in the conflict.

The High Elves also have not turned their back on the Alliance even after the supposed mistrust they have/had for them. They get along enough to help/guide/ assist in certain scenariosā€¦ so no, they have no reason to be ā€œracistā€ towards high elves anymore.

No not really. its mostly been not written about to whitewash typical RPG elements that were established back in Warcraft and even Vanilla. Hell, I am pretty sure that Vereesa was kind of not happy with sharing a camp with night elves in Suramar with her one comment during questing.

Elyssaria, they literally tried to whitewash/change Magniā€™s storyline towards Moira from being sexist to something else in his comic. Theyve been whitewashing the Alliance for a while now.

No, but there are little glimpses of it from time to time. Like part of the reason the Horde was so quick to raid the hell out of Kul Tirans in Stormsong was how the Kul Tirans have literally been fighting a campaign in Durotar to wipe out the orcs since wc3.

Again, thatā€™s not how racism works.

Isnā€™t the modern horde formed of races the humans hate, rejected, enslaved, and persecuted causing them to create the horde we know today to protect themselves?

Yeah and itā€™s annoying being the Knights in shining armor. I was merely pointing out that moving forward mistrust and ā€œracismā€ towards high elves is a non-factor because itā€™s not a theme for the alliance anymore. They started trusting the Void Elves even though they literally originated from the Blood Elves.

About the void elves not being trusted in the cathedral, could be because of the threat that the void has against light sourced areasā€¦ look at the sunwell and the trouble that showed up there when Alleria came around. Itā€™s a safety thing as well.