The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Well they’re not fond of the undead either
but as an alt of mine would say

And yet, here we are.

And yes, this is a Murgalt.

Let’s also not forget they are the single most played AR. It makes sense for them to get some love thrown their way.

1 Like

No, it’s not enough, we WANT MORE.

2 Likes
2 Likes

And here’s the part you admit void elves aren’t relevant.

Wow. There were void stories in Stormsong, Tiragarde, all of Zandalar and Nazjatar.

Void elves didn’t participate in any of them.

Yes, I do. If you are happy with shody work, congratulations to you! I want a bare minimum of quality.

Lol. Nightborne got one pf the best storylines in the history of the setting. Their recruitment scenario was just the icing in the cake, they didn’t need anything else at that point.

Void elves got the icing and no cake.

It doesn’t. Bringing nightborne models to a void elf lore discussion is a desperate attempt to equal two different issues.

Nightborne models lacking quality in no way make void elf lore any better.

And I can ask for better models and better story at the same time. In fact, I’ve been doing that for 20 months.

Thank you again for showing how void elves have no relevance in the expansion that introduced them.

“We will add allied races when they make sense in the story”, they said.

Yeah, right.

Lol, it’s amazing how you make asking for the bare minimum quality sound like a bad thing.

It’s like eating a bad meal and hear someone say: “what? You expected good food?”

You know it’s true. Void elf lore is horrible, that is self-evident.

Lol. Except nightborne had a ton of previous lore. This comparison is completely dishonest.

If they can introduce and flesh out vulpera and mechagnomes in BfA, they can do the same to void elves.

I heard THE SAME THING in 2017

8 Likes

Yup, and Alleria has been on a boat all expansion and has not once interacted with Umbric except for in the recruitment quest and in the rift.

Vereesa can be the only High Elf NPC that matters and yet the High Elves have had infinitely more of a spotlight than even some “core” races.

This is a joke right? First raid was a baby Old God. Third raid is freeing an Old God.

Not even mentioning the Call of Cthulu that is the entity of Stormsong.

9 Likes

To sum it up:
‘We didn’t get High Elves so we’re just going to hate on the Void Elves
regardless.’

3 Likes

Correction. Void Elves are fondant.

It looks good but taste terrible and is easier then doing actual work.

3 Likes

Why play one if you hate them tho? And why are they so popular?

Meant to reply to Alamara*

1 Like

Most people obviously don’t hate them. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
It’s clear most people who play the game don’t have a issue with them or their story.
ah
Ok, Skwerl.

2 Likes

More like: “okay, we didn’t get high elves, but I hope we get something good instead.”

And then you get the shodiest race ever introduced in the game.

9 Likes

And yet still the most popular Allied Race hehe.

3 Likes

Oh
really? If you say so

:crazy_face:

1 Like

The Chad Void Elf vs The Virgin High Elf

3 Likes

Imagine helping the helfer case by saying “the skeleton is popular”. :crazy_face:

Because they aren’t popular for their story, i promise you.

You’re right, Blood Elves with wet hair and painted blue are very unique.

7 Likes

What wonders a model can do

6 Likes

Atleast the Void Elves are unique, rather than being yet another fair skinned magicy elf.

3 Likes

And what role do alliance high elves have in the overall story? That’s right none.

And already playable i might add.

4 Likes

Not this expansion, no. They could have simply held off on releasing Void elves altogether until another expansion if they wanted, but added them anyway. Your problem lies with the fact that you want it right now.

If I remember correctly any quests involving the void in the Alliances zones were pretty minor to the story, and were typically means of furthering the plot of the Kul’tirans residing in that area. While there was possibly opportunities to add the Void elves in some capacity, it would not have been by very much.

More like I’m patient enough to not expect them to show up at every possible moment, especially when the story is building up to a theme that they will likely play a massive role in.

We’re not discussing what they got as NPC race, we’re discussing what they got when they were implemented.

They are both forms of content being presented to the player to experience, Void elves got far more content in customization and appearance than Nightborne did.

The difference is that in time the problem you have with Void elves will be addressed while changes to the Nightborne may likely never happen, or take years to actually implement. Your claim that the devs don’t care about a race they clearly put time and effort into designing and developing makes little to not sense.

Again that does not suggest there is not content planned in the future for them. Sorry you got void elves earlier than a narrative delving into their theme?

It did make sense to add them as a race in an expansion revolving the faction conflict where both sides were looking for allies. The void elves played a large role in the faction conflict against the Horde, participated in the assaults, helped the alliance infiltrate Dazar’alor, debuted what types of powers they have and how they utilize them as weapons against their enemies.

No, it’s more like “Dinner is at 9 Alamar” and instead of waiting. you stomp your feet and cry “NO! I want it now!”

An expansion is coming that is centered heavily around the Void, where the Void elves are likely going to play a major role, so why are you complaining?

Alamar said, from her perspective.

Doesn’t matter, previous lore doesn’t mean they don’t deserve relevancy in the current expansion as well.

NPC races that are being used to further the narrative of the current expansion, not comparable to an Alliance race only designed to further a very specific narrative within one faction.

You heard BFA was going to center around N’zoth and the Void when it was very clearly being centered around the battle between the Alliance and Horde? When the very first cinematic we saw was Sylvanas fighting the alliance? N’zoth himself wasn’t even released until the END of Eternal palace for christ sake.

No one is saying it isn’t completely cruddy that you have to wait through an entire expansion to finally get some development for Void Elves, that’s completely understandable and frustrating, but let’s not pretend that its never going to happen. BFA’s writing has been a complete crap, and the sooner it’s over and done with the better.

If you’re trying to claim that the Void elves aren’t going to have anything to do with content that directly involves N’zoth and the void despite that being one of the major points revolving the Void elves I don’t know what else to tell you. Maybe loosen your til foil hat a little, as it seems to be choking off the oxygen from your tentacles.

6 Likes